The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Lombardy

Rate this topic

Zfetch

32 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Really.

Why? And why haven't you specifically questioned anything I've done or said? I know that's what you like to do early on as a villager.

Switching things up. Less questions, more scorchin' hot reads.

All scum will tremble before my hawt takes & fierce lynch.

1 minute ago, falcon45ca said:

Switching things up. Less questions, more scorchin' hot reads.

All scum will tremble before my hawt takes & fierce lynch.

What's the objective with this change in meta?

47 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I don't know sharpshooter but he seems to know some of you guys.

@Sharpshooter Shalom. What do you remember about your playing days with BW/Ceres, MR, and Aladeen?

Well, back in the times of yore, MR was (and still is) a master. I don’t specifically remember Ceres and Aladeen as players of the games tbh. Both no doubt are quite competent though. 

I’m enjoying the return. The posts are humourous in their strategies but also very entertaining. 

Just now, falcon45ca said:

Maybe a lil' of both. Regardless, it's here to stay...for now.

Lucky is prolly Maf.

I'm just trying to understand the motive to change from that strategy from this. Like, why do you think this will be better?

1 hour ago, Master Radishes said:

Aladeen,

Go on then - you haven't actually given a case on why I'm scum. Enlighten the class.

Alright class listen up: MRs scum game consists of a few different factors through meta (SS is seeing this as well I am sure)

1. Assert Dominance especially over town information - ie MR tries to become the authority 

2. Aggression increases over town game - just how he conducts himself, he has a lot more tolerance for others opinions when he is town

3. Defensiveness - To imply, hint at or state in no uncertain terms that MR is scum, when he is scum always leads to a quick backlash for retaliation

4. Deflection - SS pointed this out and in my experience is only too true with MR

5. Scum MR jokes often exhibit the previous 4 points

I will add that he becomes dismissive as well but his dismissiveness falls into deflection,dominance or defensiveness for MR so I won't make it it's own category.

Bussing - Since I can't know at this point if that is what he is doing (it is something he loves to do when he is scum) I can't include it definitively at this time, but it is worth keeping in mind.

Also I left out a couple of his posts that I felt weren't anything at all to do with the game at hand like his gifs and post on missing peaches etc.

Lets see where the totality of MRs game aligns with these points:

14 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Such a scum reaction.

Vote Ceres. Lock it in, everyone.

Joke with an underlying Aggression - 5 - 2 

14 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Oh man, Ceres getting so angry he probably can't even eat his cheerios. That's a townie thing.

Unvote.

Joke with an underlying authority - 5 - 1

13 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Omg SS is sooo mafia vote Sharpshooter

Could be a joke or purely defensiveness - possibly 5 but definitely 3

^^That took a lot of thinking.

Joke but I think deflection is underlying that post  5 - 4 

Thanks, Captain Summary!

Aggression with dominance - 1 and 2 

12 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Well it's okay, I mean, getting to play with Ce--

Waaaaait a minute. <_<

Jokes with deflection and dismissiveness 5-4 

First serious read: Lucky seems back to his easy breezy villagery self.

So is this where MR actually starts to play the game? Was everything before this just  jokes and null? Perhaps but MR is calculated so at this point I could go either way on MR but I digress let's continue along.

I would place this tid bit under number 1 for MR - he has knowledge over LL gameplay the rest of us don't I suppose

@Ceres why do these people not understand the importance of townsolving first? :sadno:

MR is the authority of how this game should be played no? That's a big numero uno

SS, I'll save you the trouble:

'MR calling on Ceres to support his assertion. Classic scum move.'

Dismissive, Dominating, Jokingish, Defensive, Deflection - this is the very post that peaked my radar with MR for sure, all 5 in a short simple post that's impressive

10 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Okay, I've actually read the thread now. 

I get the Ceres sus. Nothing concrete to indict him but he's certainly posting within his wolf range.

Aside from lucky, kurisu also seems his normal self, as does Nazzy. Good signs.

BJ is town. His tone is too confident to be a scum making a play. 

Aladeen is making only silly posts. That is entering scumadeen territory. 

I have no read on AV yet, nor SS. No one else caught my eye. 

/lazy reads 

for some "Lazy Reads" - that certainty  on BJ is so unsettling.

I think this falls square into category 1 for MR

5 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Classic mafia dismissal to discredit an obv town.

This post was in reference to a couple of posts Ceres made I believe against BJ, once again MR's certainty of BJ is shining through. As towny as BJ has been MR seems to have him lock cleared town and for anyone to not have an Obv town read on BJ can only mean... dun dun dun... Scum.

1 all the way

5 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Classic mafia compulsion to over-explain reads.

**** it's so easy to play this way. I think SS is on to something.

This is where the true deflection comes into play... Better to have SS going after Ceres than himself - this does not in any way diminish the chance that Ceres and MR could be Scum/Scum IMO BTW actually I would say it increases it a little. 

Pure category 4 - so raging that I hear the Bahamas and florida are evacuating their coasts

4 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

When I read your posts I can read them as town!Ceres doing his usual thing, but also as scum!Ceres trying to fake his usual thing. Like the debate about sheriff cover you had with yourself - it's a topic we're used to seeing from you so that won't raise any alarm bells, you handled it in a casual and passive sort of way (not looking up quotes, but the language was something like 'I guess I shouldn't bother doing this'), and it ended up creating noise without going anywhere or engaging anyone or solving anything.

Maybe just town!Ceres wallowing in his favourite topic, or maybe scum!Ceres trying to be blendy.

Basically I'm putting off hard-reading you, considering how early it is, but when others voice suspicion, eh, yeah, I'm not going to fight them on it based on what I've seen so far.

This is a category 1 but it has a half-assed bussy feeling to it. Even the post itself is weird why is there no spaces between the exclamation points? It's just an odd post almost like it's a code or a secret inside joke the two of them have going on together. IDK maybe others will look at it and be able to verbalize the oddity of the post.

3 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

As I told Kryten, vanilla is a type of spice.

5 but it does have that 1 feeling - again it's the sense of arrogance behind all of MRs posts he knows what the rest of us don't. 

Yeah, okay, we can go with your wording. It's technically within your wolf range to appear NAI, but I accept your quibble.

I'll drop some sheriff cover for you bb.

Or maybe I won't.

:ph34r:

I would say this post is pretty null but the context of the back and forth between Ceres and MR here just seems forced

Ahhh yes, this is going to be just like old times.

*Tips hat*

I would put this under category 1 but just cause I know MR and I could see if I am the only one that would see it that way. Our history of being on opposite sides of games is quite storied and I would say that we both have a good read on each other when the other is scum. Though these last two games he has been wrong about me. 

This is wild speculation that will only serve to distract the town from actual scumhunting.

Right MR is the authority on all things that find scum... understanding the mechanics of the game would only serve the town. Why you may ask? Because scum already know the mechanics or have a much better understanding of it. For the town to also figure out the mechanics gives us more of an advantage so that aids in Scumhunting. 1 and 4 with a seasoning of dismissiveness all baked into a scum casserole IMO.

Vote Aladeen.

Old times indeed.

Retaliatory, no rationale needed, arrogance,  defensive  -  1 and 3

You took a relatively acceptable avenue of speculation based on that poem - that post count that might mean something - and turned it into 'TP may end up converted to the Mafia team'.

That's just chaos-posting and it's not helpful to solving this game.

hyperbole that me questioning the mechanics of the game is not helpful is pure aggression and deflection. again 1 and 3

Also, thank you.

Unvote; vote Aladeen

See previous not legit vote for me, but here he legitimizes it everything from the last post still stands.

2 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

You made yourself out to be TP quickly this game. Your 'investigation' thing was quick, you stuck with it without making a big deal out of it, and overall you just seem comfortable.

When you're scum you are good at faking confidence, but there is a distinct flavour to it I've come to notice. I'm still not great at reading you off the bat, but your game so far has felt distinct in a good way.

This is number 1 asserting dominance just as much it is defensive. BJ knows that having him lock town this early doesn't come from Meta it comes from know BJ isn't in scum chat with him. 1 and 3

The forced bravado, the way he loves to know things whether it be mechanics of the game or who is town, this is MR scum to a T.

He may change it up a bit after reading all this but it doesn't change the fact that he is what he is and to be caught first rounds sucks so my guess is he will lash out, back to me but that's OK because any way I may end up dead in this game will just validate my opinion of him and for any of those that can't see it right now (which I think a few do already) will know it after that fact.  

• Vintage 3
2 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Beats me. Time will tell I suppose

Are you confirming to me that you "changed your strategy" for no apparent reason other than to change things up?

Because I don't believe that.