The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | July (28-30) 2020 (Exhibition)

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Rumour is flames will be moving Johnny this year if they have a quick playoff exit.

The full rumour is Johnny to NJ for picks and to clear up some cap space. So they then sign hall on nov 1st. 

Seems a little risky to me. I understand it hasn’t been his best season, but he did put up 100 last year.

So weird watching a hockey game with no fans. 

Then again, I am watching a game between St Louis and Chicago being played in Edmonton...being called by Eddie Olcyzk in his hotel room in Samford, Connecticut and Pat Foley in a truck outside the United Center.  I guess weird is the new normal. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Anyone have any updates on NHL testing of players since the July 27, "No positives in >4,200 tests on >800 players from July 18 - July 25" report?

I checked NHL.com, but they only have this last report up.

Maybe their next report is for July 26 - August 2nd or something like that.

I also imagine that, if anyone had tested positive, it would have been reported and the contacts traced.

Edited by Goal:thecup
corrected # of tests and # of players

47 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Did Smelliotte shave his beard yet. If not, he can do a reverse Playoff beard and trim a little off at a time until he's clean shaven for the Cup Final game.

Nah, I want him to keep it going, full weirdo Gandalf style. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, J-23 said:

Seems a little risky to me. I understand it hasn’t been his best season, but he did put up 100 last year.

Word on the street is Johnny doesn’t plan on re-signing with Calgary. He wants to go back home to NJ and will sign there as a UFA when he’s up in 2 years. Taylor Hall is also said to want to play in his home town of Calgary but flames need cap space.  

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Word on the street is Johnny doesn’t plan on re-signing with Calgary. He wants to go back home to NJ and will sign there as a UFA when he’s up in 2 years. Taylor Hall is also said to want to play in his home town of Calgary but flames need cap space.  

His team growing up was the Flyers though.  He played hockey in Pennsylvania not New Jersey.  

On 7/29/2020 at 4:21 PM, skolozsy2 said:

So weird watching a hockey game with no fans. 

Then again, I am watching a game between St Louis and Chicago being played in Edmonton...being called by Eddie Olcyzk in his hotel room in Samford, Connecticut and Pat Foley in a truck outside the United Center.  I guess weird is the new normal. 

I can do without the wave or the fans texting on their cellphones on tv though

Wonder if the noise is piped in for the players?

My guess would be no

22 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I can do without the wave or the fans texting on their cellphones on tv though

Wonder if the noise is piped in for the players?

My guess would be no

Its probably to drown out the swearing on the ice.  Caught a couple f bombs in the Chicago/St Louis broadcast. 

• Cheers 1