The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 16, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Def agree 

first thing the winger needs to do when he sees that is drop basic 

hockey 101 

that’s said, Stecher needed to mover over as well 

Yep. And that's where guys like Tanev who are elite situationally really shine. It's a young dman's mistake, getting ahead of the play and not having the foresight to anticipate it. 

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Kinda funny reading people ripping on the kids tonight. Like they expect them to just just go sweep the Blues, and if they don't there's something to bitch about.

@luckylager agree. If we come out flat tomorrow then complain. We’ve led for all but 37 seconds CDC. Focus on that. 

Edited by Wayne Jetski
  • Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

It's a part of it for sure. At the end of the day the forwards have to finish the play to slow down the onslaught. Can't finish a long shift, dump it in with zero pressure and let them come back at you with speed while you're transitioning from a line change the entire game to face the same shift over and over. 

The forwards have to have more heart and be willing to go the extra mile for the success of the next shift. So many forwards opted out for energy, whether it was for a line change or passively defending and hoping you'd get a repossession off of a blocked shot. 

We made maybe 5 plays the entire game in the neutral zone offensively. Never gonna get an honest win when you don't play the right way. 

Well the reality is that when you lose your big top 4 RD that logs a lot of 5v5 time, there's always going to be a struggle whether the forwards are supporting or not. The quality drops and while Stecher is all heart, he's not a quality top 4 dman. Throw in Benn, who played fine, but isn't a solid puck mover and there's always going to be a bit of disconnect. The forwards are not going to always be able to come back as a full unit, even harder so when our system doesn't roll 4 lines equally. This could be seen as a flaw for the system in place, but every system has their pros and cons.

We weathered the storm for the most part and almost finished in OT. Could've been worse. Hopefully the Blues are going to be a bit gassed for tomorrow and we take advantage.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

I hate to say it, but I say bench Virtanen for Gaudette for game 3. If McEwen doesnt step up big swap him for Virtanen and maybe the benching lit a fire under Virtanen. Pretty disappointed in Virtanens overall game tn (not blaming him for that penalty)

Swap in Gaudette and Bailey for Jake and Zack.  Gaud has heart and hustle, while Bailey is faster than Jake and a better nose for the net.  Hits too.  Fresh legs.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Wayne Jetski said:

@luckylager agree. If we come out flat tomorrow then complain. We’ve lead for all but 37 seconds CDC. Focus on that. 

And they're a bunch of kids going up against last season's Stanley cup champs, in the playoffs, and are leading the series...

Get the &^@# out of here. Bunch of ninnies

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Kinda funny reading people ripping on the kids tonight. Like they expect them to just just go sweep the Blues, and if they don't there's something to bitch about.

Yeah .... this is a whole different thing from what a lot of these guys have ever seen. Some are handling it a little better than others, but overall .... great. No complaints here. 

• Cheers 4

I found it odd that everyone is blaming Jake. I watched the 1st half of the game and he did well. I guess Green thought so too as he got 14 minutes of ice time, which was the highest so far in the playoffs. I have a feeling he is getting started. I'm just optimistic I guess. Yes, he can be a lot better and is kind of wasting his potential but he is a slow starter. To be honest, I rather bench Roussel before benching Jake.

• Vintage 3

Just now, theo5789 said:

Well the reality is that when you lose your big top 4 RD that logs a lot of 5v5 time, there's always going to be a struggle whether the forwards are supporting or not. The quality drops and while Stecher is all heart, he's not a quality top 4 dman. Throw in Benn, who played fine, but isn't a solid puck mover and there's always going to be a bit of disconnect. The forwards are not going to always be able to come back as a full unit, even harder so when our system doesn't roll 4 lines equally. This could be seen as a flaw for the system in place, but every system has their pros and cons.

We weathered the storm for the most part and almost finished in OT. Could've been worse. Hopefully the Blues are going to be a bit gassed for tomorrow and we take advantage.

agree completely......losing Myers is akin to losing Hamhuis in the Finals.  There isn't anyone to fill that gap

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

Stecher, Motte, and Macewen just tilting the ice for the blues with how unbelievably terrible they all were with the puck tonight. And it was consistent. Consistently throw it away despite having time and space. Stecher in particular made so many awful decisions including on the losing goal. Have absolutely no remote idea what he was thinking on the 1-1 goal. 

as bad as i wanna say it stecher isnt a solution on our dcorp to small  gets overrun id play    

edler benn

hughes tanev

fantenburg juolevi 

over stecher hes just to small  to make a difference 

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Swap in Gaudette and Bailey for Jake and Zack.  Gaud has heart and hustle, while Bailey is faster than Jake and a better nose for the net.  Hits too.  Fresh legs.

why Jake, exactly?  I'd love someone to lay out why he should be out

• Cheers 2

Just now, Jack Fig said:

Yeah .... this is a whole different thing from what a lot of these guys have ever seen. Some are handling it a little better than others, but overall .... great. No complaints here. 

I hear ya. 

I'm bailing out tho, this PGT is toxic garbage. Just packed with extreme stupidity and negativity.

G'nite, fig

• Cheers 3