The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 21, 2020 | Canucks win series 4-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

How? Because Gaudette and Virtanen are fighting for almost the same spot and not to be traded? You could make that argument but that's it. One of them will have to sit when Tofu is ready and they're gonna have to continue to play good to maintain that spot.

They played a lot together with Roussel. They made a pretty good 3rd line for most of the year.  Both had their coming out year this year as 23 year olds.  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

We aren't cap strapped this year coming up. We have 17m and cap space and need to sign Markstrom, Tanev, Toffoli, Virtanen, Motte, Gaudette. If you signed Pietrangelo i'd remove Tanev and Toffoli from that and then I think Sutter would be the odd man out and with how he has played I think he is easily tradeable. Then we are with plenty of cap to sign the others and then next year there is another 19m-ish coming off the cap so there is a lot of room to sign Petey and Hughes

I swear to God I thought I was reading a post I wrote on HF trying to explain we are not as bad off as some want to believe. We will have a ton of cap thanks to Benning and the 7-10 prospects who will replace the vets over the next few seasons. I think it's 70 million off the books over the next two summers.

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

Yeah, Guadette just makes Virtanen feel good.  Friends on and off the ice, Virtanen looked like a dog without a bone.  He had jump in game 5 and 6 because of the energy Gaudette brings, if not on the ice then on the bench.  

That's totally inconsequential and has zero impact whatsoever. They've had a ton of games together, playing together, where they've both been invisible so what you're saying goes against the truth of the matter.

41 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Well I should have won the Calder
And I'm whining to this very day

My team was stuck in a bubble

AND I DIDN'T SHOW UP TO PLAY

And so we lose

The Champs are Chumps

We took our lumps in twos

Now I'm stuck in Edmonton 

Singing the Binnington Blue

LOL, I want 25% of the royalties.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spliced said:

Petey just blows my mind. Every other team now knows how important it is to play physical on him because if he has space he's gonna burn you bad.

They played physical on him and he still got his points in.  There's no stopping this kid.  His unique combination of skill, effort, and intelligence is deadly.  Go Canucks Go!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

They played a lot together with Roussel. They made a pretty good 3rd line for most of the year.  Both had their coming out year this year as 23 year olds.  

Yeah on a sheltered line they were streaky. Had good offensive spurts/stretches and would score in bunches before disappearing.

That's what happens when you play two players, rounding out their game, together.