The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 21, 2020 | Canucks win series 4-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

The Canucks has benefitted from no travel, they had so much energy all series long and it's very different than in the past.  With so much mileage on the team travelling, they legs tend to get fatigued so quickly and would not be able to do what they did this series.   When you are on the plane for hours, you get jetlagged so often that you are not able to get into the rhythm with your game.  It is a like a sun and a moon difference so far in the playoffs.  This is what it's like that most Eastern teams enjoy with so much energy.  We finally get to enjoy this type of energy for once.  It is a high quality playoff hockey.

Love how this thread is still buzzing, 15 hours after the win. :)

I think travel wear and tear is understated for a team like the Canucks.

Especially when we have gotten to the Final.  82, 94, 2011.   We get a north eastern team that has hardly had to travel much at all through 3 series. At least we are on a level playing field on that. Now if we could only get rid of Sutherland.

43 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Unbelievable,

According to HF poster MS, Detroit and Ottawa would have been able to beat St.Louis with the goaltending that the Blues had this series.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/wqsf-game-1-vancouver-canucks-vegas-golden-knights-aug-23-7-30pm-pst-spac.2774822/page-8

What a joke.

Lol I haven’t visited that cesspool in a while . To be fair seems like a lot of the Nay sayers and guys that cheered for losses are being drowned out by level headed posters.   The Tyler Motte thread is gold.   Many of them calling the kid garbage in older posts... probably the same guys bashing Benning for not getting a fifth round pick instead.   

13 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I miss this version of the Teen Titans.

Me too! And my kids, who have watched every episode of Teen Titans Go! at least 10 times over, are super bummed that Netflix only carries a couple specials from the original Teen Titans. They are dying to watch that series. They think it looks super cool (which it is, of course ;)). Haven’t been able to find it anywhere (legally) yet, unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Love how this thread is still buzzing, 15 hours after the win. :)

I think travel wear and tear is understated for a team like the Canucks.

Especially when we have gotten to the Final.  82, 94, 2011.   We get a north eastern team that has hardly had to travel much at all through 3 series. At least we are on a level playing field on that. Now if we could only get rid of Sutherland.

Where will the CUP finals be, Edmonton or TO. Wouldn't that just piss TO off to see the Canucks in the Finals. 12 game winning streak coming up! 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

What is our goal song right now?

I only hear "I'm still Standing" after the games. Is it the goal song too? I probably miss it as I am usually cheering too much. 

Yeah I do too.  I don't know why Chicago got to hear Chelsea's Dagger after every dam goal.

I think the Pina Colada is the same kind of song. Happy and fun if you are the scoring team.  Annoying as #@%$  if you just got scored on. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Yeah I do too.  I don't know why Chicago got to hear Chelsea's Dagger after every dam goal.

I think the Pina Colada is the same kind of song. Happy and fun if you are the scoring team.  Annoying as #@%$  if you just got scored on. 

I still wish the dressing room DJ had played Gloria last night. Maybe that would’ve been twisting the knife a little hard on the Blues, but personally, I would have loved it. :lol:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

The Canucks has benefitted from no travel, they had so much energy all series long and it's very different than in the past.  With so much mileage on the team travelling, they legs tend to get fatigued so quickly and would not be able to do what they did this series.   When you are on the plane for hours, you get jetlagged so often that you are not able to get into the rhythm with your game.  It is a like a sun and a moon difference so far in the playoffs.  This is what it's like that most Eastern teams enjoy with so much energy.  We finally get to enjoy this type of energy for once.  It is a high quality playoff hockey.

Excellent point ... this hasn't really been talked about enough. Without all the challenge of fatigue, jetlag, and travel, it really allows our young talent to shine in a way we wouldn't necessarily have seen. It definitely plays a role and does level out the field. I'll take any bubble advantage we can get. 

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

That track has literally been our anthem this year :bigblush:

Yeah, I figured as much.  I guess I don't catch it much on TV.  It sure fits, for sure.

It's an earworm now... I can't get it out of my head ::D

Elton just got so overplayed for me back in the early 80s.  I used to like him, but the other greats (Zep, Floyd, Who, Stones, etc.) I was getting exposed to just pushed him aside.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1