The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

How can the NHL get these guys to play at 9:45pm and 10:30pm for the next 3 games? This is ridiculous....

I think this is the only matchup with 2 back to backs, and one of those is game 6 and 7 (obviously if needed).

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

How can the NHL get these guys to play at 9:45pm and 10:30pm for the next 3 games? This is ridiculous....

I think it’s eastern time so the game would be on at 645 here in the west 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Robert Long said:

wow, well I don't think your friend has actually read or listened to people at BLM, but I guess thats his right. 

Did you magically forget the co-founder of toronto blm calling whites sub human ?

When any organization is corrupt, it starts at the top.

9 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

So if someone said "Go Canucks Go" and rioted the city, did you call or identify them as Canuck fans? They (rioters) weren't wearing Canuck clothing for the most part, and all the rioters, for some reason, resided in the suburbs rather than Vancouver itself. This meant that they came over to the place to trash downtown when the opportunity presented itself. Yet not all Canuck fans trashed downtown. How do you resolve these diffferences in "Canuck fans"?

Edited by Dazzle
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dazzle said:

So if someone said "Go Canucks Go" and rioted the city, did you say they were Canuck fans? They weren't wearing Canuck clothing for the most part, and all the rioters, for some reason, resided in the suburbs rather than Vancouver itself. This meant that they came over to the place to trash downtown when the opportunity presented itself. Yet not all Canuck fans trashed downtown. How do you resolve these diffferences in "Canuck fans"?

i dont support riots period, during the 2011 game 7. I stayed home, invited my father over for dinner.

We both condemned all actions of the riot regardless if they were or weren't canucks fans.

Same page as you re riots

Just now, GhostsOf1994 said:

Did you magically forget the co-founder of toronto blm calling whites sub human ?

When any organization is corrupt, it starts at the top.

I didn't hear about that. 

So one persons ranting negates an entire movement? I guess Rush Limbaugh has cancelled Republicans then. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Those are remarkable stats.

It's almost always the case that player production decreases in the playoffs - you can track many, many players - even the 'great' ones - and that is typically the case.

Trevor Linden says "Hi"

Regular season:  .627

Playoffs:               .798

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

If we can agree that the physical path to the Cup will be very different this year, we will be in agreement with most of it. 

yeah the grind wont be there,its the same for all the teams.  but...i know you are old school and want to see guys playing with ruptured spleens and braces that hold their tibias together haha

• Haha 1

Just now, Robert Long said:

I didn't hear about that. 

So one persons ranting negates an entire movement? I guess Rush Limbaugh has cancelled Republicans then. 

rush limbaugh is despicable.

If he had a movement like white lives matter and called blacks or Latino or asians sub human. 

That would acceptable?

Co founder of Toronto blm, a community leader and sets guidelines.

3 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

rush limbaugh is despicable.

If he had a movement like white lives matter and called blacks or Latino or asians sub human. 

That would acceptable?

Co founder of Toronto blm, a community leader and sets guidelines.

I guess I'll ask you this: does she come by her anger honestly? 

Can anyone tell me what "race" consists of?

Serious question. 

I'd like to start a discussion from the 'ground' up - see if there is any reasonable, non-partisan, non-ideological grounding to be gained - before proceeding to all the divisiveness that ensues once most people take their positions within opposing, battling herds.

It's disconcerting how entrenched so many people can get - without being able to answer something as "simple" as the original matter that underlies an entire (global) dynamic like this.

What - exactly - is "race" in the sense that we're fighting/arguing about?

I've spent a long time thinking about this - researching it - scientifically and socially/culturally - and the 'answers' are weak at best once you really dig into the history of "race"  - but before I do that I'm wondering if anyone can give a solid answer to that question above.

I'm also wondering if it's worth a thread of it's own - a purely 'philosophical' thread that doesn't really descend into the micro/minutae that we often get caught up in.

If the mods think it's fitting, I'd be happy to start one and outline where I'm coming from on the matter.

Would it belong in "Canucks" talk under the circumstances - given the team itself has engaged in the matter?

Or should it go to 'off topic' - which imo it isn't, really, under the circumstances?

Edited by oldnews
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GhostsOf1994 said:

So now you're defending racism as long as its black on white?

what? :lol:

I asked you if she comes by her anger honestly. I didn't ask you anything about how she's chosen to express it.