The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

5 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

No

Haha kidding

I bet you Myers hits 35 points next full season. 

Myers value isn’t in his points - it’s a crude metric.

in the playoffs he played hard, made opponents plays heads up hockey and kept forwards honest. He also is very good at skating the puck out the defensive zone.

after that he’s no QH but he adds a dimension we don’t get anywhere else in this D corps and gives us much needed grit at the blue line 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Myers value isn’t in his points - it’s a crude metric.

in the playoffs he played hard, made opponents plays heads up hockey and kept forwards honest. He also is very good at skating the puck out the defensive zone.

after that he’s no QH but he adds a dimension we don’t get anywhere else in this D corps and gives us much needed grit at the blue line 

I agree but he also has good offense. Decent shot, good passing.

His defense is my favourite part of his game too.

Edited by Moose Nuckle

2 hours ago, coryberg said:

The video cut off... I was hoping the shop keeper was going to give her a delicious chocolate bar with a long term payment plan that was more than most family's could afford.

I dont know, that chocolate bar has a mighty tough no moving clause period.  I do speculate the girl has asked the shop keeper to retain salary in order to accept the chocolate bar :lol:

• Haha 3

Just now, falcon45ca said:

Would you like some cheese to go with your whine?

Just now, The Lock said:

Yes please. Do you have brie?

It seems intentional that he spelled it as "whine"... I could be misreading it though.

Edited by Dazzle

7 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I dont know, that chocolate bar has a mighty tough no moving clause period.  I do speculate the girl has asked the shop keeper to retain salary in order to accept the chocolate bar :lol:

As she well should. That chocolate bar is overpriced and its xC% (expected cocoa) has been declining in recent years.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Autocratic autocorrects
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Moose Nuckle said:

He brings offense around 30 points a year and a physical edge.

He's a meaner edler on the other side.

Super valuable.

4 years out of what 10 or 11 Giraffe surpassed 30 pts, not a lock for that production which to me means that 6m contract is an overpayment especially with the term given

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

Myers at 6mill was a discount to what he was being offered elsewhere. If he went purely on cash he would have got maybe 7.5mill. Would it have been nice to get him for less sure, but that’s the same for any player. At that point in time we got him for under market value. 

Who the &^@# gives Giraffe 7.5m haha that GM would get fired on the spot!

27 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Tom Collins > Dobber Hockey;

1. Oliver Ekman-Larsson

I've been on record stating that OEL is overrated. It feels as if every season will be his big breakthrough, but instead, he's broken 45 points one time in 10 seasons, and has been on pace to reach 45 points only one other time. There's no way he should be the fifth-highest paid defenseman. While his value will rise if he is dealt, what are you expecting from him? The two biggest rumours have him going to Boston or Vancouver. If he goes to Boston, then he should have career highs. If it's Vancouver, he's stuck behind Quinn Hughes and may never reach 45 points again.

Gotta factor in Arizona is trash tier and OEL has to produce by himself. His 55 point season had him score 21 times. That's crazy good goal production from a d-man. If Hughes had 21 goals he'd likely have broken 80+ points. OEL doesn't have that luxury of a team that can score, so his assist totals are low. Every season he broke 40+ points he had nearly 15 goals in all of them. Twice he had 20+ goals. Putting OEL's impact in the "well he has X many points" diminishes what he has to do and what he has had to do with a franchise that never put anything around him. That's not including the fact that his deployment is sub 50% ozone. Meaning he also has a decent defensive load he has to carry. Hughes, had nearly 60% ozone starts.

Thinking he'd never hit 45 points here is absurd. Edler on a full season would have hit 40+ points, and that's with 42% ozone starts. He's not on OEL's scoring level. I am not in favor of taking OEL cause his contract is like 500k-1m too much for a year too long but I think this guy is underrating OEL's talent. On this roster he actually has top 6 scoring talent to pass to and I very easily could see him hitting 40-50 point totals while being a good and responsible defensive player.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Maybe demko, Eriksson and Sutter for OEL, keller, and a 1st.

No you dont trade a Demko at this point. He proved what he is destined to become in the playoffs. He may just go down as the best goalie in Canuck history. Hes part of our core, and i really believe he will be 1 of the biggest factors in our first cup

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Brock Botanen said:

No you dont trade a Demko at this point. He proved what he is destined to become in the playoffs. He may just go down as the best goalie in Canuck history. Hes part of our core, and i really believe he will be 1 of the biggest factors in our first cup

Im essentially saying demko is worth more to us than to them. 

• Cheers 1