The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

You learn to read the rules.  You are mixing up the rules for creating a thread with what can be posted within the discussion.

Peaches5 is correct to say that an invalid source shouldn't be used for discussion, especially since it wasn't specified immediately that the twitter account was not a media source. If it isn't valid enough to make a thread, what makes it good to discuss it?

And really, this is no offense to IRR. He was just excited about posting something related to the OEL news.

Edited by Dazzle

source aside for a moment, it is a pretty interesting idea if there's a team out there (Detroit?) willing to take 1/3 of OELs salary for a 2nd round pick. That really makes this a potentially great deal if Jim can pull it off. 

But.. if any truth to it that could mean another draft with no 1st of 2nd rounder.... eep. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, IRR said:

You're trying to be the cool guy by being the rule enforcer / jerk, but you're just being an a-hole to everyone! Why is it so hard to approach it nicely from the start??? People make mistakes...including you! 

The cool guy? No, I am letting everyone know you are posting fake rumours/reports. You were completely defiant until other members started to point out the same thing. Why don't you go read your own posts! Learn to read! 

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

The cool guy? No, I am letting everyone know you are posting fake rumours/reports. You were completely defiant until other members started to point out the same thing. Why don't you go read your own posts! Learn to read! 

NO...you were being an A-HOLE from the jump!!! They weren't!! Look in the mirror. It's clear what it is. I'm done consuming this thread arguing with you! Blocked!!

3 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

source aside for a moment, it is a pretty interesting idea if there's a team out there (Detroit?) willing to take 1/3 of OELs salary for a 2nd round pick. That really makes this a potentially great deal if Jim can pull it off. 

But.. if any truth to it that could mean another draft with no 1st of 2nd rounder.... eep. 

Seems extremely unlikely. 1/3 of is contract is 7 years at $2.7m a year.  A GM would be nuts to waste money and cap space on a deal like  that for a 2nd 

4 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

Agreed.  If this is an avenue that lowers the cap hit for Vancouver, then I am OK losing a pick - again, depending on the other parts involved in the trade.

• Cheers 1

Look at the above forum-specific rules. Provost is wrong about saying that anything can be discussed.

5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES

The following source types are considered INVALID.

• Any links to posts or threads on other message boards
  • Any links to personal blogs
  • Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast
  • Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video
  • Any news spread by word of mouth

Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 

Not trying to be a mod but providing clarity. Honestly, these rules have to be elaborated more. They need to be more specific with examples.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Seems extremely unlikely. 1/3 of is contract is 7 years at $2.7m a year.  A GM would be nuts to waste money and cap space on a deal like  that for a 2nd 

yeah thats why I used the term "great" if true. 

8 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

You are not 'letting everyone know' because most of us have you on 'Ignore'.

It is only when someone deigns to argue with you that any of us see your crap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Last I checked, this wasn't IRR's thread, and if we're not to post rumours, half the threads here (and half the posts of the remaining threads) should be taken down...

Just sayin'.

Look carefully, the rules apply to both starting a thread, and making posts about unrecognized sources, like personal blogs.

Edited by Dazzle

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Look at the above forum-specific rules. Provost is wrong about saying that anything can be discussed.

5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES

The following source types are considered INVALID.

• Any links to posts or threads on other message boards
  • Any links to personal blogs
  • Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast
  • Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video
  • Any news spread by word of mouth

Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 

Not trying to be a mod but providing clarity. Honestly, these rules have to be elaborated more.

Thanks for sharing / clarifying! I appreciate this approach vs. the other approach. This should happen more often...i think it's not always 100% clear to everyone and not everyone is posting with ill intent.  

Much appreciated!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IRR said:

Thanks for sharing / clarifying! I appreciate this approach vs. the other approach. This should happen more often...i think it's not always 100% clear to everyone and not everyone is posting with ill intent.  

Much appreciated!! 

It's ok. I think the rules need to be updated. They need to provide examples so it's less ambiguous. Plus, your intent from what I could see was to create discussion, not promote a channel or Twitter account.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I'm pretty sure you're splitting hairs, but if you feel strongly enough about it, maybe ask a mod to weigh in.

It's not really splitting hairs because it's actually written in the rules. But it is a good idea for the mods to look at it.

Anywayyyyys, OEL. He could be good for Vancouver short term but I hesitate about him long term

• Cheers 1