The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sept. 01, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I was responding to all the let Marky walk comments. You mentioned nothing about a better offer from another team unless I missed it?

Sure some team may outbid the Nucks and if that happens I would be fine with Demko and maybe a Greiss another 1b type for a couple of years.

But based on everything we know about Marky and the fact that Benning has said he is the top priority, I think they split the difference and go 5.5 mill, term I have no idea but perhaps Marky takes an even friendlier deal money-wise, in exchange for more term? 

Wait a minute, people are calling for Marky to walk? I didn’t see a preponderance of comments like that. I don’t think anyone says Marky should or will walk. Marky has a few years left and Demko has a decade +. Neither needs to leave. Anything the Nucks have to do to keep them both needs to be done. I hope the salary cap is increased soon. We will need it to sign guys like Marky, Demko and our other young guys.  

• Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, Tystick said:

What do you guys think about switching Sutter for MacEwen?

Sutter lead the team in pk ice time tonight - I thought he was good - (I thought the trio + Beagle, Motte were excellent).

I think momentum shifted when Green shorrtened the bench - Gaudette/Roussel were struggling imo - getting pinned in frequently.

I don't think I'd want to see the lineup short a veteran center under the circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Why not? Mac will throw the body and hurt out there. Only thing I’d feel bad about Is if he caught a beating from Reaves. 

Takes reaves off the ice for 5minutes and its not like mac will suck up alot of time

Someone should just have him pasted to stone or pacioretty

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Sutter lead the team in pk ice time tonight - I thought he was good - (I thought the trio + Beagle, Motte were excellent).

I think momentum shifted when Green shorrtened the bench - Gaudette/Roussel were struggling imo - getting pinned in frequently.

I don't think I'd want to see the lineup short a veteran center under the circumstances.

Good points, I didn't get to watch the entire game, just bits of it.

I just feel MacEwan would have a positive impact, perhaps in for Gaudette?

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I I wouldn’t be adverse next game to shortening the forwards and mix up the bottom 6 into a 5 and run 7 D

This whole "experience" talk is just a way to keep young guys like Demko down. He's been ready. I think a young big forward will help us make space out there with a wide body that hits.We have good players but we need just a touch of truculence along the board battles. Juice alluded to it as well.

22 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Anyone know why they didnt record that Bo goal at the end? It seemed to cross the line before time expired to me

Slow down to .25 speed

Those highlights are a mess, lots of time not showing much then the goal score shown before the goal, and right into it I build up.

third period is out of sync and jumps around all over the place 

25 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Anyone know why they didnt record that Bo goal at the end? It seemed to cross the line before time expired to me

Slow down to .25 speed

NBC's clock shows about 0.1 seconds left. Sportsnet's clock shows time ran out well before the shot even made it to the net.

But neither of those are official (hence why they're so different. Here's the official game clock and time just ran out

https://twitter.com/afewpucksshort/status/1301032757024272390?s=20

Edited by Where's Wellwood
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Boeser has been our best player this series. He’s played so well even before this game. He’s been battling. Armchairs take note.

Demko just wow. He’s gonna have a great career 

He wasn't very good in the first three games, but he's been one of our best forwards in the last two for sure.  My opinion.