The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SO WHEN DOES TRAINING CAMP ACTUALLY START

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

I can't see starting this year unless it is in bubbles.

As bad as things have been in the US, it is likely to get worse over the next several months.  The effects of school starting without appropriate precautions is just going to start showing over the next few weeks.  Canada is also going to start worsening over the next several weeks.  The lack of discipline is already starting to tick up numbers now add school starting and a lot of University aged kids that have been cooped up for months.

While I think Trump will give the US a one camera, one arm and one "vaccine" injection election strategy on or about Nov 1, we won't actually have a vaccine until at least the new year and probably well into spring before distribution and population uptake is high enough to be effective.  That is if everything goes well and it is pushed ahead at a pace that will be scientifically dubious.

If I had to bet what will happen I suspect we may not see hockey until the spring and a brief season of maybe up to 41 games followed by a playoff.  I suspect this will start somewhere around March/April if we are lucky.  I am also very curious to see what happens to the AHL.

• Vintage 1

I'm assuming the OP isn't going to be able to hear/see most of the answers so I'll summarise for them.

WE DON'T KNOW, NO ONE DOES

On a side note how about a few outdoor games with fans since the virus transmission seems to be considerably lower? Maybe a logistical nightmare but pretty much everything would be.

9 hours ago, stawns said:

highly unlikely we see a seaon until some kind of vaccine is available.  Probably a year from now

Didn’t you also predict this season would never continue?

Don’t underestimate owners and players desire to not lose hundreds of millions of dollars.

• Vintage 1

CRIMSON H STOP PUTTING STUPID PHOTOS...ITS CULLS LIKE YOU THAT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HOCKEY........im almost sure if fans were allowed and played in vancouver the canucks would have lost first round....because there was no crowds they were able to focus on their own game...power play may have been different though..

Now yhat the canucks are out and i look back at things i think it wasgreat to have some sort of hockey back but it just does feel like the playoffs of the past...dont get me wrong its still fun to watch just does not feel the same ...but ya when will it get back on track ....at some point they will have to move things around or shorten the season again....what about the olympic hockey or world cup..