The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Oh yes, Edvinson appears to be one of those sack of hammers for a brain guys.  

Too bad we couldn’t put OJ’s head onto Edvinsson’s body. You’d really have something then. I’m leery of Edvinsson based upon what I’m hearing/reading. We’ve already got a “physically talented, struggles with hockey sense” D prospect in Joni Jurmo, who looks like a real long shot now.

And I honestly had no idea that Clarke’s skating is as big an issue as some experts are saying. That gives me pause on him I’ll flat out admit it.

And as far as Lysell….ever since Craig Button stood apart from the scouting crowd in waving warning flags about Virtanen, I tend to give his opinions considerable weight. He is very much going against the crowd about Lysell too. Just something to think about.

Assuming we keep the pick, I trust Jimbo to get us an excellent player.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I wonder, if we will see Harveys footprint with this draft and how it will compare to when Brackett was here ?

Considering both Bracket and Harvey follow Benning’s guidelines maybe we won’t see much difference at all?  Staff will sit around the table and discuss prospects.  They’ll make a list.  

Although at the draft table Benning would differ to .bracket on value of picks being traded and moving around in the draft.  I wonder who will take on that more scientific/math role?  Maybe Harvey? 

It’s honestly a toss up with our pick. One of Johnson, Guenther, Edvinsson and possibly stud, young D like Hughes, Clarke could all be available. We can also go way out and pick a kid like Chibrikov, Raty, Svechkov, Ceulemans, Wallstedt. It’s that kind of a draft. Very wonky and you can pick almost anyone and they could end up being one of the best players in the draft. Lots to be excited about. Adding another 2nd or 3rd round pick would be nice

15 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

It’s honestly a toss up with our pick. One of Johnson, Guenther, Edvinsson and possibly stud, young D like Hughes, Clarke could all be available. We can also go way out and pick a kid like Chibrikov, Raty, Svechkov, Ceulemans, Wallstedt. It’s that kind of a draft. Very wonky and you can pick almost anyone and they could end up being one of the best players in the draft. Lots to be excited about. Adding another 2nd or 3rd round pick would be nice

I have a feeling Benning is more likely to trade away a 3rd round pick to get someone that another team can't protect in the ED.  Hopefully it's not this year's 3rd rounder, although he already traded away next year's.

I wonder with everything that seems so unstable on D

Edler - will they re-sign him?

Hamonic - might sign elsewhere

Schmidt - apparently wants out

Myers - could be claimed by SEA

Do you think they Draft a Dman?  I know this D prospect won't join the team anytime soon, and will need development time, but also seeing how expensive it is to acquire a Top Dman in the league...  

Hughes

Rathbone

Juolevi

Bowey

Woo

Jurmo

Persson

Edvinsson?

D wins championships. VAN has Demko and now need to beef up the D

They could still get a really good forward with the #41.

25 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I wonder with everything that seems so unstable on D

Edler - will they re-sign him?

Hamonic - might sign elsewhere

Schmidt - apparently wants out

Myers - could be claimed by SEA

Do you think they Draft a Dman?  I know this D prospect won't join the team anytime soon, and will need development time, but also seeing how expensive it is to acquire a Top Dman in the league...  

Hughes

Rathbone

Juolevi

Bowey

Woo

Jurmo

Persson

Edvinsson?

D wins championships. VAN has Demko and now need to beef up the D

They could still get a really good forward with the #41.

Edler- yes they will

Hamonic- who cares? Dime a dozen

schmidt- traded for young RHD and pick

Myers- will be protected 

=Has nothing to do with the draft, will most likely sign a couple depth defenseman 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

Well for one thing, I hope you don't base your entire assessment on what Scouch thinks. Also, your interpretation of what Scouch says is oversimplified. I would recommend people watch the video themselves.

Didn't say I did, just pointing out he got skewered a bit.  That said, scouching reports are quite good.

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Could Ceulemans end up the better all round d man over Clarke?  Unless he has the puck and attacking (especially in the O Zone) Clarke appears very easy to play against.  Whereas Ceulemans, who is similar offensively, has a nastiness to his play without the puck.  

Clarke handled the tough assignments in the u18 and his slovak team for a reason alf. Cuelmans is a tire fire at best in his defensive zone

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Isam said:

Clarke handled the tough assignments in the u18 and his slovak team for a reason alf. Cuelmans is a tire fire at best in his defensive zone

I’ve changed my mind again.  I’m hoping Clarke falls to us.  But I’d be okay with 

Edvinson, Eklund, Hughes, McTavish, Lysell, and Johnson.  I don’t like Geunther!  He stinks!  No no no.  Don’t want him. :mad:

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I’ve changed my mind again.  I’m hoping Clarke falls to us.  But I’d be okay with 

Edvinson, Eklund, Hughes, McTavish, Lysell, and Johnson.  I don’t like Geunther!  He stinks!  No no no.  Don’t want him. :mad:

Guenther is good. You just cant judge him off the u18s alone.  

So, i am gonna tell you guys a little secret how scouching and other private services use in order to spplement their limited viewings of prospects outside of the blackbook. It is instatsport.com.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Interesting draft.  Lambos is the wild card in this more so then your boy cuelmans. There was alot of misinformation about him this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isam said:

Yet Ceulemans Pked and Clarke didn't. Obviously I basically agree with your point. I have Clarke ranked 2 or 3 overall. But I think a tire fire is a bit much. Also you should clarify what you mean by "in his own zone". Yes he has some struggles defensively, but I'd say there's a very strong argument to be made that Ceulemans is the best defenseman in the class at escapability in his own zone.

• Like 1