The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

Guenther would be my choice. I saw some mock drafts that listed him around 8. If a team goes off road and selects Sillinger, Lysell or even Wallstedt, then Guenther would be my number 1.

Johnson my second choice, around 9. 
i dont trust any projection that show Clarke around 7-9. He’s gone top 5.

Edited by deus.ex.makina
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

huh. I'm originally from SK so maybe that colours my view of it, those barns are always full. But, it was rural SK... so.... 

Yeah I dont necessarily agree with the rule. It hurts the development of prospects imo. But I can see the rules interior for sire.

1 minute ago, bruceybruce said:

I think that Clarke is being slightly over valued on these boards mainly because he is seemingly the perfect fit for our current roster,  which is fine, it happens every year.

But Keep in mind that Mr Clarke isn't listed at 1st overall on any respectable pundits draft boards and is mainly seen as taken in the 6-10 range.

As far as my opinion counts , if you are in the position to take the first D-man off the board you are taking Power. It feels like there is some weird mistrust  of Owen Power's talents here but i put my trust in actual scouts over youtube critics all day and twice on sunday.

As always i leave it to Benning to make the right choices on draft night and am extra curios as to this years selections due to the lack of scouting able to be done on this years draftees. Watch out for some 2nd and 3rd round steals.

It always concerns me when the biggest issue for a player is his skating.  Certainly Clarke is young, and he will improve his skating as he gets stronger.  But right now he is a risk.  Saying that, I’d love to get him, but accept he will be gone top three.  

• Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hmm, just had a thought, this Swedish Connection line could be deadly:

Eklund - Pettersson - Hoglander

Lysell could be in the mix too. He'll be a half wall playmaker type ala Mitch Marner. Reminds me a little bit of Lucas Raymond too.

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs

8 hours ago, stawns said:

Pretty much every scouting report mentions his defensive "rawness".  I'm not saying he's not good or going to be good, but if they pick a dman, they need one who is strong defensively.  They've got dmen to provide offense already, now they need to focus on keeping the puck out of their own net.

Read more about him and watch more. Regardless it doesn’t matter he won’t be available when we pick and I just see it differently then you.

no way we’d pass on him at 9

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Curious which dark horses Benning has in the Top 10, I could see a Lysell type of pick. I was surprised with the Pettersson pick and he's turned out great so far. Maybe Benning has another gem in mind. 

Well they keep quoting speed and skill. If the top Dmen gone maybe a lysell pick is what they go with 

8 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Well they keep quoting speed and skill. If the top Dmen gone maybe a lysell pick is what they go with 

I have seen it on more than one mock draft. A bigger, albeit not substantially, Hoglander...

30 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Curious which dark horses Benning has in the Top 10, I could see a Lysell type of pick. I was surprised with the Pettersson pick and he's turned out great so far. Maybe Benning has another gem in mind. 

Sorry but players named Fabian give me bad flashbacks...

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I have seen it on more than one mock draft. A bigger, albeit not substantially, Hoglander...

He’s def an interesting player. And I live how that scouting video Explains why his Production was low in SHL.

he could very well be a top 5 guy in the draft.

high skill player with lots of pace and a strong skater sounds like that would be on our scouting radar

Canucks do have bad luck, but I can see them getting one of the lottery picks this year. Of course, it's in a COVID year, when scouting changed and they haven't been able to travel to view these player in person, or meet them. Probably why no one really knows who the BPAs really are, the lists (top 10) are all different. But, I also think that getting a Top 3 pick would help them a lot.

1. Power - just gotta

2. Edvinsson - compared to Hedman?, yes please, for Quinn

3. Eklund - tempting to take Hughes here, but I think Eklund would provide a lot of offence with Pettersson, Hoglander, or both

The Hughes bros. will not be like the Sedins

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks do have bad luck, but I can see them getting one of the lottery picks this year. Of course, it's in a COVID year, when scouting changed and they haven't been able to travel to view these player in person, or meet them. Probably why no one really knows who the BPAs really are, the lists (top 10) are all different. But, I also think that getting a Top 3 pick would help them a lot.

1. Power - just gotta

2. Edvinsson - compared to Hedman?, yes please, for Quinn

3. Eklund - tempting to take Hughes here, but I think Eklund would provide a lot of offence with Pettersson, Hoglander, or both

The Hughes bros. will not be like the Sedins

There are only two spots up for grabs in the new draft lottery rules unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

There are only two spots up for grabs in the new draft lottery rules unfortunately.

Dang it, forgot about SEA, don't like 'em already

1. Power

2. Edvinsson

I believe our other options would be picks 9, 10 or 11?

Maybe Benning gets a good one in the 9-11 range, an ace up his sleeve. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Dang it, forgot about SEA, don't like 'em already

1. Power

2. Edvinsson

I believe our other options would be picks 9, 10 or 11?

Maybe Benning gets a good one in the 9-11 range, an ace up his sleeve. 

11 is possible but very unlikely.

That would take 2 teams out of the 7 behind us winning it. These teams have a roughly 18% combined chance of winning one of the top two spots.

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

He's a neat prospect. Has elements of Marner, Raymond, and Hoglander's games. Undoubtedly a top-6 forward. 

I think he'd give our top-6 forwards a nice balance. Two shoot-first types in Horvat and Boeser; two forwards who do the dirty work to distribute the puck in Hoglander and Podkolzin; and two bonafide playmakers in Pettersson and Lysell. Also wouldn't hurt to have another righty too.

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs