The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

3 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

A lot of Mock drafts have us picking Fabian Lysell. While I wouldnt be upset if they picked him, need wise he doesnt fit the bill at all unless we trade Boeser or Podkolzin. The people who are high of Lysell are very high on him, skill and skating seem to be elite, but size and positional need are red flags. 

Future top seven + top 4:

? - Petey - Boeser

Hoglander - Horvat - Podkolzin

3rd line center?

Hughes - ?

?  - Schmidt

We should probably draft a player that fits one of these needs unless management is confident a star is still available. 

The way I see it 

Miller Pete Boeser

Hog Bo Motte?

Pearson Svech/McT Pod

Gad Lind? Mac

I feel like this forward group gives teams fits getting out of their own end. Lysell would also really fit the mold. Sustained smothering pressure is the key to this teams success.

1 minute ago, PositionOfPower said:

Benning in interview has said "speed and skill" to add to our "top 9" multiple times, now we can think who we will realistically target at #9. Highly will be a forward.

I'm targeting Lysell he's a rich man's Hoglander. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighOnHockey said:

Lol, you're excused. I do think it's not out of the realm of possibility that some teams (maybe including the Canucks) consider Ceulemans a top ten pick. Things seem to really open up somewhere around 8. Strong chance that Power, Beniers, Hughes, Edvinsson, Clarke, Eklund, Johnson, Guenther are all in the majority of teams' top eight, in some order. Some will definitely have Lysell, Wallstedt, Sillinger mixed in there, and maybe a few others, but most likely all of those players will be gone by 8 or shortly after, and at that point it's pretty much the wild west.

Not that it is a argument for any draft, but it should be remembered that Ty Smith was picked 17th by NJ

I also think Wallstedt will be picked in the top 8, so someone drops. it has been said that Sillinger is slow, but Lysell, McTavish and Ceulemans could be picked around 10 to 12

I am not an expert, but I think there is a top 8, a top 17 ish. 

A very interesting draft.

My First Spin of the Draft Simulator. 

2021 NHL Draft Lottery Simulator

If Arizona is selected in top 2, there will be a re-draw.
SIM LOTTERY

RESET

PICK TEAM RECORD PTS PPG RW STREAK L10 TOP 2 #1 OVR

23-29-4 50 0.893 17 Lost 1 4-5-1 11.1% 5.4%

15-34-7 37 0.661 11 Lost 2 3-7-0 31.6% 16.6%

17-30-9 43 0.768 11 Lost 2 3-5-2 23.8% 12.1%

20.5% 10.3%

19-30-7 45 0.804 15 Lost 2 5-4-1 20.5% 10.3%

18-26-12 48 0.857 12 Won 1 3-4-3 17.1% 8.5%

19-27-10 48 0.857 16 Lost 1 3-3-4 15.4% 7.6%

21-28-7 49 0.875 15 Lost 3 3-5-2 13.6% 6.7%

21-28-7 49 0.875 19 Lost 5 3-6-1 11.8% 5.8%

I don't think I will do it again. B)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PositionOfPower said:

No I prefer Johnson he has better iq and higher upside.

Agree to disagree on both counts. I have watched them both closely I love my BCHL boys Newhook, Fabbro, Jost were high on my list (refer to 2019 draft thread to see how high I was on Newhook and Sieder). I like Johnson too but....... I'm taking Lysell 10/10 over Johnson. Johnson is a project and a half the skill is there but the downside is too if he doesn't learn to play without the puck. Lysell is a driver and should be considered top 5 due to the constant pressure he puts on opposition and what he can do with or without the puck to create opportunities. Sure I'm basing my assessment of Lysell on opportunities over results but if he just keeps doing what he is doing with better team mates the results will come in spades. VS Johnson who I see reaping the rewards of playing on a team that can create space for him and cover his inadequacies. Lysell just generates so much more regardless of outcome.

Edited by hammertime
  • Thanks 1

Trade pick 9+ beagle to buffalo for reinhart

Sign nikita gusev

Sign mattias janmark

Sign tucker poolman

Sign Jonathon  Bernie (assuming hiltby is taken by seattle)

Hoglander pettersson Reinhart

Pearson Horvat Boeser

Gusev Miller podkokzin

Janmark Macewen motte

Hughes Hamonic

Rathbone schmidt

Juolevi myers

Poolman

Demko

Bernier

19 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Trade pick 9+ beagle to buffalo for reinhart

Sign nikita gusev

Sign mattias janmark

Sign tucker poolman

Sign Jonathon  Bernie (assuming hiltby is taken by seattle)

Hoglander pettersson Reinhart

Pearson Horvat Boeser

Gusev Miller podkokzin

Janmark Macewen motte

Hughes Hamonic

Rathbone schmidt

Juolevi myers

Poolman

Demko

Bernier

Honestly that doesn't look like a competitive team to me. 

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

The way I see it 

Miller Pete Boeser

Hog Bo Motte?

Pearson Svech/McT Pod

Gad Lind? Mac

I feel like this forward group gives teams fits getting out of their own end. Lysell would also really fit the mold. Sustained smothering pressure is the key to this teams success.

Svech or preferably Eklund if he's still there.  I think both those guys add another layer of highly skilled 200ft game tomyhe lineup

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Eklund is a rich man's hoglander, imo

I do have Eklund 1 notch above Lysell not for the same reasons though. What Eklund has done in the SHL this year is remarkable theres no substitute for results where Lysell I'm basing my assessment on potential. However I see Eklund as more of a finesse player compared to Lysell who clenches his butt cheeks and wills his way through determination. Both are good players and given the choice at this moment I probably take Elkund however I'm not sold one is better than the other they each have their merits. 

• Cheers 1

I feel this is how it will go at least for now barring any trades by any teams involved in the draft:

1. Power 

2. Clarke 

3. Edvinsson 

4. Beniers 

5. Hughes 

6. Eklund 

7. Johnson 

8. Guenther 

9. Lysell 

10. Ceulemans 

This is just based off the rankings and information some of you folks have provided. Previous 3 drafts before last year, we've been alternating a forward and a defenseman with our top picks. I think if we win the lottery, we would continue with that trend and pick Power. He is a game changer and a must watch player. He would elevate our D to the next level especially if we move on from Edler. You can't go wrong here. I'm hoping for all the best in 2 weeks time in the draft lotto! GCG!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/20/2021 at 6:38 AM, stawns said:

Just from reading scouting reports, watching videos.  I don't think he's going to be a defensive disaster or anything, but it's the weak part of his game, that's for sure.  I just think that the team already has some issues on d there already and if they pick a damn, they need one who excels defensively.  

At #9, if no other dman falls, I'd rather go with Eklund if he's there or Svechkov is he isn't.

I disagree with ya sorry. we would be lucky to add him.

dont know enough about the Russian to compare tbh

eklund looks great. I think he’s going to go high