The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Reverse Retro Reveal Jersey

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

33 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’m not for the lumberjack logo although I’d take it over the orca, all my jerseys are SIR except one which is the skate.

So you like bland and boring. To each his own. I saw Buffalo's logo first. When I first saw the SiR I was utterly disappointed. Buffalo had the better logo hands down. Didn't like it from day one. 

Nobody is saying you have to love the Orca logo. Everybody has different taste and there are other options for fans to purchase. But quit making up lame excuses the Orca doesn't belong. It's just clutching at straws. There's been a longstanding relationship between Vancouver and the Orca ever since Moby Doll in 1964. Ignoring that history doesn't erase it and you won't change the minds of those of us who like the logo. You're just howling at the moon for reason.

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Baggins said:

So you like bland and boring. To each his own. I saw Buffalo's logo first. When I first saw the SiR I was utterly disappointed. Buffalo had the better logo hands down. Didn't like it from day one. 

Nobody is saying you have to love the Orca logo. Everybody has different taste and there are other options for fans to purchase. But quit making up lame excuses the Orca doesn't belong. It's just clutching at straws. There's been a longstanding relationship between Vancouver and the Orca ever since Moby Doll in 1964. Ignoring that history doesn't erase it and you won't change the minds of those of us who like the logo. You're just howling at the moon for reason.

Fire Green!

Sorry, you guys just spent hours posting on CDC, thought it’s game night and had to get this in.

On 11/25/2020 at 2:51 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

Why don't you ask Buffalo Sabres fans about how they felt about the Banana Slug logo, the Sabres' version of the Canucks' Orca.

That's a bad comparison. They turned a Buffalo into a slug, not a big fan of the orca but only because it's not the flying skate.

Even tho I'm not a fan the the Orca, the transient pod that spends a lot of time here, has evolved to consuming Salmon as it's staple, which is completely unique to this pod. The Orca is an important animal in Haida culture and they are the biggest group on the west coast and I like their art influences the logo.

I do think most of us prefer the 89-96 colours, maybe an orca or SIR logo with those colours would bring unity?

Edited by Alienhuggyflow
  • Cheers 1

On 11/26/2020 at 12:00 PM, dpn1 said:

I took some time to look at the Sweater and think about it to come up with an opinion.  I find the colors and design is very striking.  I think it will really pop on TV.  Way better than the salmon colored one that the design was based on.  I like it and think I will get one before the season starts,  I just am not sure who's name and number to get. B) :towel::canucks::towel:

I'm getting a podz (that spelling) on mine, partly due to heritage, partly to match the Orca on the front lol. But for sure gonna get him (proper spelling) love this uni. Wonder if he goes #19-#92 or the other number I saw him wearing? Can't remember what it was.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I'm getting a podz (that spelling) on mine, partly due to heritage, partly to match the Orca on the front lol. But for sure gonna get him (proper spelling) love this uni. Wonder if he goes #19-#92 or the other number I saw him wearing? Can't remember what it was.

19 is retired so likely 92

I guess the reason I'd like to see Johnny Canuck this time is because we've never done it in the NHL era..  It's only for a few games, so what the hey!

I've never been big on orange or yellow, (ick, sorry), and I admit the one they did come up with is not bad.  One day, one day; Johnny needs his say...

To be honest, I'm not old enough to have a say in this.  :lol:.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I guess the reason I'd like to see Johnny Canuck this time is because we've never done it in the NHL era..  It's only for a few games, so what the hey!

I've never been big on orange or yellow, (ick, sorry), and I admit the one they did come up with is not bad.  One day, one day; Johnny needs his say...

To be honest, I'm not old enough to have a say in this.  :lol:.

The only concept so far thats been okay is this one and I’d only want it as a shoulder patch on an alternate jersey as it would be small enough to not be a total eyesore. 

271BD1B2-7006-46B8-AACB-70B73C19151C.png

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Wait what, the whales are usually not here?

Do you know where the Georgia Straight is? Do you know what an "area" is? Orcas are common to the area. Even swimming into Burrard inlet. Do they need to buy condos in Vancouver for you to acknowledge they are around?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Baggins said:

Do you know where the Georgia Straight is? Do you know what an "area" is? Orcas are common to the area. Even swimming into Burrard inlet. Do they need to buy condos in Vancouver for you to acknowledge they are around?

Lol

That was a rare occurrence several years ago though

We had more sightings of severed feet in shoes than whales in the inland waters for awhile :(

Whatever the logo the owners have for our team is something i cannot change,(I was indifferent to the original at 1st, and only hated the V)  but i would not be upset with the Original stick,n rink either as the main jesrey,

Usually something simple remains classic ,and less busy a jersey is, the better it ages. They got it right with colours and symbolizing hockey and Canuck with the C the 1st time

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baggins said:

Much like my sex life, far and few between, both orcas and sex occur elsewhere way more often than Vancouver.

And much like  the Canucks, I bring no satisfaction.

I stepped out of the thread a little while ago because you guys are crazy, checked back... youre all still crazy!

pretty funny how logic goes out the window when people are arguing from a biased point of view.

Anyone arguing the Orcas relevance to BC and the Coast is straight up bananas. Orcas are from all over the world sure, doesn't mean we can love the animal and relate to it. They are the Apex predator of the entire ocean, nothing can compete with them, not even great whites... that's a pretty cool symbol. those are the facts... but keep arguing :lol:

• Haha 3
  • Wat 1