The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[UTICA COMETS] 2020-21 Season

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

That's an interesting take.  I dunno. Proximity means they get more exposure to fans and media but also to Canuck coaching staff, trainers etc. There are pluses to that as well you know.  Obscurity is not necessarily a prospect's best friend.

Funny that you believe that the hockey market in BC is now so toxic that what would always be seen as a positive in years gone by, you now see as a negative. 

I think that more positives would arise over time from proximity to our farm team. Granted there could be some crap but overall I would support a move to BC.

Thanks for explaining your viewpoint.

There are def pros and cons, no question. I dunno, I've perceived Nucks media to be typically down on the Canucks for as long as I can remember, at times it feels like they'd sooner see the team lose so they'd have a juicy story than see them succeed. Sensationalism, racing to break news, opinion presented as fact, just general negativity. Not a fan. 

Having access to more development coaching could be good, but realistically the Nucks ownership has enough financial muscle to make that a reality regardless of where they're located. For me, having more beneficial travel which means more practice/training time/time spent with coaching personnel combined with not having to deal with what comes with being a Canucks team's feeder team based in BC would entail tips the scales. 

But there are many takes out there, no question. 

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

There are def pros and cons, no question. I dunno, I've perceived Nucks media to be typically down on the Canucks for as long as I can remember, at times it feels like they'd sooner see the team lose so they'd have a juicy story than see them succeed. Sensationalism, racing to break news, opinion presented as fact, just general negativity. Not a fan. 

Having access to more development coaching could be good, but realistically the Nucks ownership has enough financial muscle to make that a reality regardless of where they're located. For me, having more beneficial travel which means more practice/training time/time spent with coaching personnel combined with not having to deal with what comes with being a Canucks team's feeder team based in BC would entail tips the scales. 

But there are many takes out there, no question. 

I have been watching Donny and Dhali on Chek when I can catch it.  I really enjoy it. If you haven't seen it check it out. (Mon to Fri 10 am to 12pm).

We need more Donny Taylor's in the market place.  At least this show has no eastern Sportsnet ownership bias.

Makes a difference.

Largely ya, I agree with you  that the run of the mill Vancouver media is stuck in the mindset that negative makes more noise than positive  And honest reporting takes too much work lol.

Still, maybe as the team gets better the negative reporting will lessen. One can hope. 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

^ It seems like Deb was really excited about this news that she posted it in three different threads.

I get lost at times when I THINK I'm in the thread I intend on posting in then see I'm not (just did it again...but w/e).  

Are we sending Mikey D to Utica...if so, kind of late to be doing it no!? Makes me wonder why we waited this long to only get him in a small portion of the season...seems like a poor managerial situation for a young supposedly developing G prospect

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Are we sending Mikey D to Utica...if so, kind of late to be doing it no!? Makes me wonder why we waited this long to only get him in a small portion of the season...seems like a poor managerial situation for a young supposedly developing G prospect

This is a copy and paste from a reply I made on HF. Too lazy to type something similar again.

It's about time. I understand the reasoning behind the "but he is working with Ian Clark" argument to an extent but not to the point where a 21 year old goaltending prospect doesn't play in a single game all year.

Development is a process.

1. Work with the best coaching available during practice.

2. Apply what you work on in practice in competitive games.

3. Review game video with your coach to define areas to work on.

4. Work on the items that need improvement in practice with the goaltending coach.

Rinse and repeat.

How is it a good development plan when steps 2 and 3 are removed for an entire season?

• Upvote 1

I did NOT realize we had former #6 overall Bust of a NHL player Daniel Tkaczuk as an assistant coach on the Comets. Anyone remember the hype around that kid back when the Lames took him!?

Utica needed Mikey D asap, or better yet to have started the year with him...Haha, time for the whiners to show up and tell me taking shots from Clark is better vs. playing meaningful hockey games... while waiting over a year to play in a game.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I did NOT realize we had former #6 overall Bust of a NHL player Daniel Tkaczuk as an assistant coach on the Comets. Anyone remember the hype around that kid back when the Lames took him!?

Utica needed Mikey D asap, or better yet to have started the year with him...Haha, time for the whiners to show up and tell me taking shots from Clark is better vs. playing meaningful hockey games... while waiting over a year to play in a game.

The Flames really took players named Tkaczuk and Tkachuk at 6th overall?!

Weird...

• Haha 1