The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[UTICA COMETS] 2020-21 Season

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

1 minute ago, Nucksownyou said:

Does anyone have any more on this? Why would there be no playoffs?

The AHL announced yesterday that 4 of the 5 divisions have decided against having any postseason.  Only the Pacific Division will have a post season tournament with the format TBD.   Yet to be seen what will actually occur.  The PHPA which represents AHL and ECHL players came out against it.  AHL players took a significant cut in salary this year and typically only get paid in the playoffs as part of a cut in pooled ticket revenue from all games.  How much money will be shared with the playoffs if some teams are playing with no fans?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

The AHL announced yesterday that 4 of the 5 divisions have decided against having any postseason.  Only the Pacific Division will have a post season tournament with the format TBD.   Yet to be seen what will actually occur.  The PHPA which represents AHL and ECHL players came out against it.  AHL players took a significant cut in salary this year and typically only get paid in the playoffs as part of a cut in pooled ticket revenue from all games.  How much money will be shared with the playoffs if some teams are playing with no fans?

And kudos to the NHL players that contributed to help out their AHL payers down on the farm.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/spezza-leads-maple-leafs-efforts-pool-money-help-marlies/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

They cut the audio.

I wanted to hear about the play by play guys talking about their first girlfriends..... :lol:

She broke my heart at the end of grade 11 after a year of courting. I thought I had spent all that time and effort with zero pay off, speaking to our baser instincts, although as the rumour mill made its way around the school, I was surprised at how many cute blonde's suddenly needed a ride home after school. We are still friends actually, and the cute blonds...dime a dozen. OOOH you wanted the play by play guys.....hehehe...nevermind.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I never get to see these games....stoked to be able to see this one!

Love seeing Baer out there...he gets a lot of ice time it seems.

I try and get to lots of CHL games no matter where in the country I am in any given year and when i can loads of AHL games too!!

The compete level is a lot more authentic at those levels than you see at this time of the NHL season.."tank for top pick" just isn't really a thing to the kids who are not yet millionaires.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Primal Optimist said:

I caught your sarcasm and agree, Dieps will be better longer and more useful for it for the long run. 

It seems people forget that the taxi squad practices with the big boys. Mikey's been with demko.  Taking shots from miller. Looking around horvat screens. Working with Clark. 

• Cheers 2