The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

You could tell when Trump stopped all travel from China, it was merely grandstanding to his audience.  He didn't stop the flow from Europe which was much more serious.  Like bolting the front door shut but leaving the back door wide open.

21 minutes ago, Me_ said:

It’s a world economy.

Like the Treaty of Versailles was of Medieval thinking And led to WWII, so are Independent Nations as we know it.

Whether it is Mount-St-Helen, Chernobyl, burning forests, global warming or plastic pollution, we’re all in this together.

I just hope it doesn’t just become a catch phrase of the times or God forbid, the next Coca Cola slogan.

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

You could tell when Trump stopped all travel from China, it was merely grandstanding to his audience.  He didn't stop the flow from Europe which was much more serious.  Like bolting the front door shut but leaving the back door wide open.

Fact check: travel from Europe to USA was suspended as of March 13, 2020.

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

well i think in our society

the freedom of the majority is not curtailed by a minority of bad apples

i think their failures to comply are overstated mostly anyway

it is a small number of people

and no matter what they have or have not done

the current stricter regime was not followed by them

and they did not really impact the outbreak

so not sure why we want to continue to constrain the rest of us to this degree

when the non compliant ones were not complying before

not sure what logic is being used here

the vast majority of people will continue to comply \

and be careful

and follow recommendations

impose tougher penalties on those who do not

but don't take that issue out on the majority of us

Except it's the small number of people that often ruin things for everyone. Laws are literally made so that the small number of people will comply with them. Video games are changed due to a small number of people exploiting them.

In this case, it's the "small number of people" killing other people through transmitting the disease. It doesn't matter how many or how few there are. The fact that there are people not complying puts everyone else at risk. Period.

Like I said before, I would love to have your faith in humanity, but I kind of think it would be better suited to being a positive mindset believing we'll get through this rather than ignoring what people are doing in prolonging this disease. Again, the numbers don't matter here. The very fact that they're risking our lives over their ignorance of all of this is what angers me in the end. I have no sympathy for those people at all if they aren't willing to sympathize with everyone else.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

It’s a world economy.

Like the Treaty of Versailles was of Medieval thinking And led to WWII, so are Independent Nations as we know it.

Whether it is Mount-St-Helen, Chernobyl, burning forests, global warming or plastic pollution, we’re all in this together.

I just hope it doesn’t just become a catch phrase of the times or God forbid, the next Coca Cola slogan.

I was in Los Angeles Nov 10-13 and when I returned to Vancouver I was sick like never before, flu like symptoms and puss coming out of my eyes. I thought my head was going to explode the headache was so bad. Went to the hospital once then drop in clinic 3 times in three weeks and was told I had a virus and go home and rest it off

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Leo163 said:

So, did Trump stop the flow from Europe? Or he didn't?

The point was he didn't stop the Europe one until much later. Also, he didn't really stop the China ones as 40,000? or so came into the states following the "ban" if I'm remembering correctly. Basically a case of too little for China and too late for Europe.

Edited by Duodenum
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

To lighten the mood.

(Maybe the Easter Bunny is sick of being cooped up)

I need to point out that the Bunny wrecked what looked like a solid triangle or maybe an arm- bar submission attempt by the fighter in black. 

Third bunny in....game misconduct penalty

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's crazy that Sweden, of all places, is letting this disease run it's course. As far as I'm concerned they're the only western nation that is employing a sustainable response to the pandemic. I hope it works out for them. I agree with their approach except I'm not so sure how much support they're giving to hide vulnerable groups, it should be iron clad (but not mandatory).  I love it that kids are still in school there since this is the quickest and least painful path to herd immunity, and they have zero percent risk.

What we have done is good for flattening the curve and it has allowed us to prepare for the virus attack in the less virulent spring and summer, but are we expecting an economic shutdown to last until a vaccine is available? I hope not. My understanding is there has never been a successful corona virus vaccine developed, so it might be a long wait. 

I am not saying sacrifice anyone. I am saying spend billions on protecting the vulnerable, not billions keeping the robust at home.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I need to point out that the Bunny wrecked what looked like a solid triangle or maybe an arm- bar submission attempt by the fighter in black. 

You mean the guy attacking the woman? 

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Yea she was holding her own. That bunny is heroic though lol

Yes, if you watch again she is even going for a key lock behind 'one shoes' back in the scramble.She's well trained. 

And oh, I agree, watching the bunny storm in was awesome! ....sometimes good guys take a third bunny in penalty though, game misconduct. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Third man in is always a loser... 

Verdict: Rabbit is a douche bag. Wouldn’t make that a habit, Roger..:

Edited by Canorth

1 minute ago, Canorth said:

Third man in is always a loser... 

Verdict: Bunny is a douche bag. Wouldn’t make that a habit

To give him a bit of a break, she looks to have a name tag on...he may have been helping out a 'bad customer' situation, not just a street fight. 

Still, I don't know if he gets to play next game. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

To give him a bit of a break, she looks to have a name tag on...he may have been helping out a 'bad customer' situation, not just a street fight. 

Still, I don't know if he gets to play next game. 

Honestly Bishop, about a second after I posted I thought too myself... “I think I might have jumped into the middle of a conversation that I have no business barking about.”  

Apologies... I tap out (as if I I ever actually tapped in?)

Cheers

Edited by Canorth
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Honestly Bishop, about a second after I posted I thought too myself... “I think I might have jumped into the middle of a conversation that I have no business barking about.”  

Apologies... I tap out (as if I I ever actually tapped in?)

Cheers

Haha all good .I'm just dorking out and being silly over analysing a fun vid Ghost posted.

I know you well enough, you would never tap,

• Cheers 1