The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Is our Premier losing it.................?   Covid times are pretty stressful but we need leaders that can handle the stress...

Horgan advises drivers with non-B.C. plates to take bus to avoid harassment

He says he can’t tell people how to respond when seeing out-of-province plates

Edited by kingofsurrey

9 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Wearing a mask or face covering will be required in indoor public spaces beginning July 7, 2020 under City of Toronto By-Law 541-2020 PDF. The mask or face covering should cover your nose, mouth and chin, without gapping. Wearing a mask or face covering is an additional measure we can take to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and keep each other safe. This means that, with some exceptions, all customers or visitors entering an indoor premise are required to wear a mask or face covering while inside.

https://www.toronto.ca/home/covid-19/covid-19-what-you-should-do/covid-19-orders-directives-by-laws/mandatory-mask-or-face-covering-bylaw/

This has nothing to do with the post you quoted. Pay attention kos.

10 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

So brutal. Get a real job that makes a difference instead of accomplishing nothing. If you can't see that that's why we're wasting away.

It's stupid.

Whats a "real" job in 2020 though?  Everyone is going to have a different definition.  It still seems weird to me that people make almost all their living off YouTube/instagram/etc but lots of the woodworkers I watch and admire do that as opposed to actual TV shows, etc.  Its sure not the idea I had growing up and still is strange to me.  But at the same time I will absolutely trash people that take stuff like "general studies degrees" etc. and still end up working starbucks after 4 years of wasting time at university and have no real direction or job to go to.  These days people realize social media can cause a stir and make them money by working very little but much bigger rewards than we every got doing office or trades jobs so its hard to trash them if they can make a good living and not have to work nearly as much.  Seems weird to me but to each their own.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Guess that's why I hate weekends. It's 81 over the weekend. It's dipping slightly but still over 20 cases per day. 

Why lie Ghost as everybody knows you sing this every day at work!:

And this US Senator should’ve listened to KingofSurrey:

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/anti-mask-us-senator-called-142351086.html

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sorry. I loathe LB. 

Streetheart was great though. 

LB is not bad.  Reno seems cool that one time I met him.

My wife uncle goes on tour with them (before Covid-19).

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Hospitals aren't even close to being overwhelmed. Can't keep people separated or masked or the borders and international travel away forever. #perspective

Up to a year longer or less isn’t “forever” for the sake of our community, families and economy. 

#perspective

#indeed

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Better to be too safe vs opening up too early.  

Exactly. Why be reactive when $&!# hits the fan vs being proactive and erring on the side of safety so that it doesn’t end up hitting the fans, eh? 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Hospitals aren't even close to being overwhelmed. Can't keep people separated or masked or the borders and international travel away forever. #perspective

BS you can't.  My guess is the way things are now is a 3-5 year window.  Even if they can get a vaccine done in the next two years, it'll take a cpl years to get it to the general pop and that's if you can get enough people to buy into it.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

BS you can't.  My guess is the way things are now is a 3-5 year window.  Even if they can get a vaccine done in the next two years, it'll take a cpl years to get it to the general pop and that's if you can get enough people to buy into it.

No doubt the anti-vacc’ers will be pulling double shifts to dissuade people from getting the Covid vaccine.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

No doubt the anti-vacc’ers will be pulling double shifts to dissuade people from getting the Covid vaccine.

I'm definitely not anti-vax, complete opposite, but they need to make sure it's safe and I think that's going to take more time than people think.  Putting out a vaccine without long term studies is sketchy

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

We're already seeing evidence you can't. And it's bad for the economy keeping Americans and international travel away. Lots of hurting industry. Are we going to put the tourism industry on life support potentially for years? The restaurant industry?

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

We're already seeing evidence you can't. And it's bad for the economy keeping Americans and international travel away. Lots of hurting industry. Are we going to put the tourism industry on life support potentially for years? The restaurant industry?

I’d rather have not infected people from Florida coming to our province.  Quebec ran enough problems with their snowbirds returning home for the summer months.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'm definitely not anti-vax, complete opposite, but they need to make sure it's safe and I think that's going to take more time than people think.  Putting out a vaccine without long term studies is sketchy

Agree that it has to be safe and that’s what the length of time for vaccination development is generally for. 

• Vintage 1