The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Most people?  Do you generally speak for large portions of the population or is this a new affectation?

Rogan is an absolute clown.  Look at his interview with Kilstein.  Or one of my faves, mark Gordon where he said "i know more than you" about a subject he couldn't even spell

Your weird issue with CNN is telling though.  Maybe stick to Hannity, Calrson etc and stop speaking for the majority of people as a whole based on "ratings" 

CNN is the "George Soros" of media outlets for the right....

They're not even the furthest left outlet, but they're easy to spell.....

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Knuckle draggers.. overlord? What are you talking about?

What did I say that was incorrect about Joe's podcast? You felt strongly enough to bag it but not reply. Roti has felt strongly enough to bag every single post that dared challenge Rogans platform.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 3

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It proves that easily entertained people watch opinion columnists and talking heads

It proves that people with an emotional bias will believe things that conform to their bias

It also proves people consider popularity the same as credibility.

But as most normal people don't watch this stuff and you can actually delve very deeply to see the education levels, income and region these viewers are from it also shows and highlights again how easy it is to sway the opinions of the easily mislead

Sounds like CNN is for the elites then, which is exactly what I put forward as a possibility on the original post. 

Someone asking about Canucks game Saturday:  "should the team put on limits?"

Dr. Bonnie saying there are ongoing discussions, this strain is considerably different in how it presents in shortness of incubation and illness.   Thankful it's arisen now not earlier...rapid spread would have been very challenging earlier/before protection measures in place.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Gatzkek said:

Sounds like CNN is for the elites then, which is exactly what I put forward as a possibility on the original post. 

Sounds like that's YOUR statement and not that of the majority

Edit*. I don't have cable or watch news

Edited by Warhippy

11 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Adrian Dix Update (currently on Global news):

454 people are in critical care 

We have:

520 cc base beds

218 cc surge beds

Total cc beds:  738

We have 11,582 hospital beds, of which we currently have 9.034 patients

9229 base beds + 2353 surge beds

4,126,540 people have received 2 COVID doses. 911-thousand or so have received booster.

This is not JUST people with COVID...this is the total number in BC.

Likely just to give an idea of how much "available space" there is during this spike.

So, as of right now:  there are 284 available critical care beds in BC

And 2,548 hospital beds

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sounds like that's YOUR statement and not that of the majority

That last post I made was a bit too smug, so I was going to take it back, but I'm too slow. You know Rogan is a Bernie supporter right?

Edited by Gatzkek

35 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

There's also another element to his popularity.

Fear Factor (which is how I know Joe) appealed to people based on bravado.  The contestants all strut in, in peak form, red lights from emergency vehicles flashing in the background, and they declare they're not scared of anything.  They're tough.  Not easily intimated.  Can face anything head on....bring it.

People eat that stuff up.  It makes them feel powerful at home, watching.  MMA just reinforces that super tough image some conjure up with celebrities.  Their "leader" status is developed. 

Except Joe's now transferring that to something that we actually should fear (to some degree, not panic but respect of the capabilities and unknowns of this thing).  It's ok to be fearful and tread carefully.  It's ok to show a bit of vulnerability when your "fight" is with something new and unknown.  With a powerful punch.

There are huge followings for people with money/status and power.  Is it all warranted though?  Trustworthy?

I don't know who his guests are (nor do I care)...but the fact that it's HIS platform/pages rallying the troops (not theirs) tells me it's a lot of that blind following.  Just like Trump won in as President....people never believed that could happen.  But that's exactly what's happening, as celebrities use their TV image to promote their agenda.

It's quite scary really.

toxic masculinity bro culture is the scourge of the 21st century, imo.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, stawns said:

I mstly remember him as Joe, from Newsradio.  He should have stuck to sitcoms

Oh F yeah.

Phil Hartman for the win. News Radio ruled. 

Didn't like Fear Factor but he was just the host of that gross show. I liked Joe for his DMT doc.

Kinda liked 'Talking Monkey's from Space' which was a stand up special. I bring this up because I remember him having a bit about the psychology an Alpha male. He really understood the silly things that make people admire and respect so called Alphas. With this understanding, it doesn't surprise me in the least that he knows how to resonate with a male demographic.

He's not as popular in the mma world anymore. I haven't read a comment section that praises him in a long time. He's seen as a company man and many fans are upset with the UFC and their business practices, mostly around fighter pay and binding contracts when fighters are supposedly independent contractors. It's one of the ways UFC doesn't have to offer health coverage. MMA fans also hate that he has become a hero for certain political and was we all know 'medical' angles.

He does get some great guests but I stopped listening when it became more about controversial stuff and even Jordan Peterson over all the cool scientists he used to get like Micho Kaku and Brain Cox. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

12 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

Are you a mind reader?

It depends on the guest. Some guests are credible, others aren't. People like that it seems. 

it's really not that difficult to figure out. Hippy questioned Rogan's credibility and you responded by posting an graph showing his ratings.

No "mind reading" required at al.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

How's that compare to Thursday or Friday?  Wondering what the increase levels are for hospitalized unvaxxed vaxxed etc

They didn't give much information yet....to be followed up with later today.  

Here are Thursday's numbers:

B.C.’S COVID-19 CASE NUMBERS

As of the latest figures given on Dec. 30:

• Total number of confirmed cases: 251,054 (17,357 active)
• New cases: 4,383
• Total deaths: 2,420 (one death over past 24 hours)
• Hospitalized cases: 211
• Intensive care: 66
• Total vaccinations: 4,388,068 received first dose; 4,131,506 second doses; 883,558 third doses
• Recovered from acute infection as of Dec. 23: 230,784
• Long-term care and assisted-living homes, and acute care facilities currently affected: Thirteen

• Thanks 1

This has turned hilarious.  
A bunch of people who have never actually listened to Joe’s show, but have opinions based on hand picked clips.  
All I can say is hahahahahahah. 

Joe has people from all sides on his show. 
He asks great questions and doesn’t try to guide them into any narrative. 

His ‘anti vax’ thing was noodled out by a bunch of left wing extremists who try to make anything other than their beliefs ’the devil’. 
Joe isn’t anti-vax.    In fact, almost every episode he tells people they should get it if they feel they need it.  
He said he doesn’t think people who are very healthy and take proper care of themselves ‘need’ it to survive. And he is right.

Look at the NHL for example.  TONS of players have gotten it.   Sutter is one of the only ones who still have real effects.   
He hasn’t said don’t get it. 
He hasn’t said they aren’t working.  

People don’t have to like him.   Sure he is ‘macho’.  When did that become a bad thing?  
He promotes healthy living.  He is also extremely compassionate and everyone that knows him says he is super sweet and caring.  

He isn’t a fan of the wishy washy government over controlling every aspect of our lives, and considering what a $&!# job they have been doing for…….. I dunno. My 35 years on this planet at least, I agree with him. 
He wants people to be able to live their lives.  
He doesn’t want everyone living in fear. 
Seems reasonable. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

A bunch of people who have never actually listened to Joe’s show, but have opinions based on hand picked clips.  

His ‘anti vax’ thing was noodled out by a bunch of left wing extremists who try to make anything other than their beliefs ’the devil’. 
Joe isn’t anti-vax.    In fact, almost every episode he tells people they should get it if they feel they need it.  
He said he doesn’t think people who are very healthy and take proper care of themselves ‘need’ it to survive. And he is right.

Look at the NHL for example.  TONS of players have gotten it.   Sutter is one of the only ones who still have real effects.   

People don’t have to like him.   Sure he is ‘macho’.  When did that become a bad thing?  
He promotes healthy living.  He is also extremely compassionate and everyone that knows him says he is super sweet and caring.  

He isn’t a fan of the wishy washy government over controlling every aspect of our lives, and considering what a $&!# job they have been doing for…….. I dunno. My 35 years on this planet at least, I agree with him. 
Seems reasonable. 

Has he stated if he is vaxxed or not?  

I have to laugh at his boy Dana White... he got covid and immediately ran to the press to telll them that he had reached out to Joe for advice.

He bragged about how, thanks to Joe, it didn't hit him hard and was going to work out 2x a day in isolation.

Dana is double vaxxed:lol:.....of course covid didn't hit him that hard.

He promotes healthy living-ish...imo . The guy is bio-hacker and puts all sorts into his small muscular frame. 

He can kick like a mule though, his knees have bounced back. Still would like him to work on his distancing on his spin kicks but I digress. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Gatzkek said:

That last post I made was a bit too smug, so I was going to take it back, but I'm too slow. You know Rogan is a Bernie supporter right?

Yes I do.  And I've no real issue with him as I've enjoyed any number of his shows.

But I take umbrage with the suggestion ratings are the same as credibility is all.

People want to be entertained not informed

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Seems reasonable. 

I'm not saying he's a bad guy, I'm saying that not all of his guests are credible.

• Cheers 1