The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

10 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

So are you saying we should lead the way in mandating passes and masks permanently, even if the health experts in other provinces are saying C19 is here to stay and it’s something that will just be a normal thing we have to live with as we carry on? 

You know if mandates are lifted that you can still choose to wear your mask, social distance and not attend places and events where the unvaccinated May be present right? 

The unvaccinated should not be more welcomed into large events than those of us who don't want them there.  How in holy hell does giving them privileges they don't deserve make Canada a better place?

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

No one ever said permanently, but as much as everyone hates this, we are not out of this and we're not in control,vthe virus.  When tye science tells us it's time, we'll move into that phase.

The “science” More so virology says this is here to stay. Lots of physicians, virologists and microbiologists are saying it’s time, yet the political “science” disagrees. 

The overall idea is to get everyone immunized. In truly progressive countries vaccines, antibody tests and covid recovered patients are considered to have immunity. In Canada it’s only the c19 shots+ boosters, which means the goal is to vaccinate everyone, not to truly achieve immunity. 

But yes, I digress, there is many here that want this to be the permanent way of life. Honestly in reading your posts I believe that you are one of them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The unvaccinated should not be more welcomed into large events than those of us who don't want them there.  How in holy hell does giving them privileges they don't deserve make Canada a better place?

So is that permanent? Also you realize that you are segregating and condescending by using the term “them” in the manner that you have. I’m sure your use of “them” goes hand in hand with the bigotry of “you people”.

Edited by Bure_of_94
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

"Apparently Quebec was the only province to figure out the obvious thing...

Inspect all of these out of province trucks entering the province.  I'll #$%*)&#$% guarantee most of these muppets aren't running proper log books, are outside of their annual inspection, have critical defects (According to a former enforcement officer from Sask that I used to work with, 20-30% of commercial vehicles just shouldn't be on the road) and should be impounded, etc."

Wonder why Ontario didn't do this?  Doesn't sound like these are the types of truckers that follow regulations.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

The Canadian way is accepting everyone for who they are and living in peaceful harmony with everyone. It is people like you who are rapidly becoming extremists and promoting classifying, segregation and hate in this country. I don’t even believe that you’re Canadian or at least have very much Canadian heritage with the way you speak.  The level of hate speech you spew is sickening. 

So we should accept these “bad apples” and allow them to spread their rot?

image.thumb.jpeg.ffd1d14b51e0d115210e9aed0fd364ab.jpeg

• Vintage 3

39 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

The “science” More so virology says this is here to stay. Lots of physicians, virologists and microbiologists are saying it’s time, yet the political “science” disagrees. 

The overall idea is to get everyone immunized. In truly progressive countries vaccines, antibody tests and covid recovered patients are considered to have immunity. In Canada it’s only the c19 shots+ boosters, which means the goal is to vaccinate everyone, not to truly achieve immunity. 

But yes, I digress, there is many here that want this to be the permanent way of life. Honestly in reading your posts I believe that you are one of them. 

It will likely be endemic, but the science isn't telling us were there now.  Tyese decisions being made are 100% political

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

So there was reports of anywhere from 1.2-2.3million people on parliament hill last weekend. Are you saying that 1-2 million people should be associated with the actions of a dozen? 

Obviously these individuals should be held accountable for their actions. You failed to mention the hundreds of people that were filming when they chased the confederate flag people away. You failed to mention the dozens of people that removed the hockey Canada hat, sign and Canadian flag from the statue. You also didn’t mention that 10s of thousands of the go fund me was donated to local Ottawa food banks after the organizers heard about that. 

Are you omitting positives on purpose? Are you the biggest negative Nancy here? I mean I’ve seen in the GDT when you consistently run down Canucks players. I’m beginning to think you must be a calgary flames fan that is just here to troll and be disruptive. 

I would love to see your source for the 1.2-2.3 million on Parliament Hill last weekend.   

I have a string feeling that those numbers come from your posterior or someone else's.   Those numbers came so far that it would have been quicker to just spit them out.   

I'm probably gonna be waiting a long long time for a source.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

So there was reports of anywhere from 1.2-2.3million people on parliament hill last weekend. Are you saying that 1-2 million people should be associated with the actions of a dozen? 

Obviously these individuals should be held accountable for their actions. You failed to mention the hundreds of people that were filming when they chased the confederate flag people away. You failed to mention the dozens of people that removed the hockey Canada hat, sign and Canadian flag from the statue. You also didn’t mention that 10s of thousands of the go fund me was donated to local Ottawa food banks after the organizers heard about that. 

Are you omitting positives on purpose? Are you the biggest negative Nancy here? I mean I’ve seen in the GDT when you consistently run down Canucks players. I’m beginning to think you must be a calgary flames fan that is just here to troll and be disruptive. 

1-2 million, oy vey.  

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

This is a number that should set off your BS meter. The population of Ottawa is just under 1 million and greater Ottawa is 1.4 million.

The numbers you're citing are outrageous.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

I heard Hungary is recruiting, is t that mecca for those looking for the kind of "freedom" you and your ilk are looking for.

Truthfully, I hope these people remember how they are feeling, right now, when this is all over because, as a group, they one of the most prejudiced, discriminatory groups of people on the planet.  But, we both know they won't, theyll go right back to complaining about protests and demands for indigenous rights and immigrants, about equal pay for women.........you know why?  Because most of them are actually horrible people.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

This is a number that should set off your BS meter. The population of Ottawa is just under 1 million and greater Ottawa is 1.4 million.

The numbers you're citing are outrageous.

The Canadian convoy page is claiming the convoys that arrived in parliament hill were 133,000 trucks and 2.3 million(which I believed was extremely high) from across the country converged on parliament hill. My cousin who works there(you obviously are more of a parliament hill expert than anyone who’s worked there over 2 decades). Said that the numbers looked very similar maybe slightly bigger than the Canada day celebrations of years past. Usually 1 million people attend those. 

3F052BE4-8E89-4DF0-8E50-2481EC5DC96A.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I heard Hungary is recruiting, is t that mecca for those looking for the kind of "freedom" you and your ilk are looking for.

Truthfully, I hope these people remember how they are feeling, right now, when this is all over because, as a group, they one of the most prejudiced, discriminatory groups of people on the planet.  But, we both know they won't, theyll go right back to complaining about protests and demands for indigenous rights and immigrants, about equal pay for women.........you know why?  Because most of them are actually horrible people.

Actually the Huron, Iroquois, Algonquin and Mi’kmaq nations have been quite vocal in their support of the convoy. And Many of their leaders have been embraced amongst truckers with open arms. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

The Canadian convoy page is claiming the convoys that arrived in parliament hill were 133,000 trucks and 2.3 million(which I believed was extremely high) from across the country converged on parliament hill. My cousin who works there(you obviously are more of a parliament hill expert than anyone who’s worked there over 2 decades). Said that the numbers looked very similar maybe slightly bigger than the Canada day celebrations of years past. Usually 1 million people attend those. 

3F052BE4-8E89-4DF0-8E50-2481EC5DC96A.jpeg

The Canadian convoy page said that did they?  I mean, what motivation could they possibly have to exaggerate? seems legit sam winchester GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1