The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

40 minutes ago, gurn said:

Bad news.

At  over 1,000 cases it is unlikely to be a mistake in diagnosis.

Time to inventory my food on hand and re stock what I'm missing.

May have to completely isolate in the near future.

lets wait and see how it reacts to the vaccine, you may not have to enter Costo in body armour just yet. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Neurological impacts even in people with mild symptoms. You still ok with 5,000 infected kids and counting,

Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health@DMCBrainHealth · 24m
DMCBH researcher Dr. Teresa Liu-Ambrose spoke with Global News about her latest research on how #Covid_19 impacts the brain @UBCmedicine @UBC_CogMobLab

attica.gif.d0cb40882a86a1fb15f86e1ba0390e95.gif

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

attica.gif.d0cb40882a86a1fb15f86e1ba0390e95.gif

brain impairment is one I'm concerned about, without question.  I'm in the 300 day mark of the after effects and my brain is not working like it used it, that's for sure.

edit: could also be the "after summer harvest" effect too!

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, stawns said:

brain impairment is one I'm concerned about, without question.  I'm in the 300 day mark of the after effects and my brain is not working like it used it, that's for sure.

edit: could also be the "after summer harvest" effect too!

I'm not making jokes about covid, just KOS's endless ranting over Dr. Henry.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

There's still two+ more weeks of 2020.  Don't be so certain this is a "parting" gift, because 2020 isn't that close to departing just yet...  :ph34r:

I've been trying to find ways to increase my stored food levels at home without resorting to too many canned goods, but the real limiting factor for me right now is a lack of freezer space (and refrigerator space for veggies, but even if I had unlimited refrigerator space, it won't keep my greens from going bad for too long).

I'm considering going out and getting a freezer, but I might just be better off with canned goods, since finding a spot to put the freezer would be difficult, and after the pandemic it probably won't be seeing that much usage... 

....though I suppose I could open up a new revenue stream by offering to store dead bodies for cash up front...  :bigblush:

Costco sells a nice little upright freezer

12 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

..though I suppose I could open up a new revenue stream by offering to store dead bodies for cash up front...  :bigblush:

Talk to @smithers joe and @Elias Pettersson, from the Celeb dead pool thread; they may need that space.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I tried some when I was in Banff three years ago.  It was very good, but also freaking expensive.  I recall a piece of it perhap about an inch think and maybe a couple of inches on each of the other two dimensions - can't remember what cut size they labelled it as, in terms of weight - cost me like $50.  Veggies and starch extra.  

Of course, part of that was "because Banff".  But I'm pretty sure the other part of it was because of the rarity of finding it at most dining facilities, regardless of season.

$56 for a box of Barnes.

Priority vaccine groups

Public health will arrange for the following priority groups to get the vaccine. No action is required on your part. 

First priority groups

• Long-term care residents and staff
  • Health-care facility staff for COVID-19 patients in settings like Intensive Care Units, COVID-19 wards and emergency departments
  • Indigenous people living in rural or remote communities
  • High risk people living in group settings like shelters
  • People over 80 years old

Second priority groups

In spring 2021 as more vaccine becomes available, a second phase of vaccination will begin for:

• Older people under age 80 in descending five-year-age groups, with a focus on the oldest people first
  • Key frontline workers including:
    • All other healthcare workers
    • Police
    • Fire and first responders
    • People working in grocery stores
    • People working in K to 12 education settings and child care providers
    • People working in transportation
    • People working in manufacturing and production facilities