The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

17 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

What are significant restrictions?

Am I going to have an excuse not to travel and visit the in-laws in Chilliwack for xmas?

:ph34r:

How many times do I have to tell you?

Pretty easy. Accidently start drinking at breakfast.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

How many times do I have to tell you?

Pretty easy. Accidently start drinking at breakfast.

She'll just try to drive us. If so we'll be in ditch at some point. Which would mean we still wont get there though... might be the lesser of two evils. :P

• Haha 1

Anyone know the science behind how booster shots increase protection against Omicron? Just trying to think about the mechanics, because if Omicron is more evasive of the vaccines then how does the booster increase immunity or lessen symptoms? 

I'm hoping I can get my booster asap, but was just curious on how the immunology works in this scenario since Omicron looks to be more complicated to deal with. 

32 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Anyone know the science behind how booster shots increase protection against Omicron? Just trying to think about the mechanics, because if Omicron is more evasive of the vaccines then how does the booster increase immunity or lessen symptoms? 

I'm hoping I can get my booster asap, but was just curious on how the immunology works in this scenario since Omicron looks to be more complicated to deal with. 

Immunity appears to be waning 6 months after each vaccine.

The booster shot increases the immunity, which lessens the symptoms.

44 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Keeps you out of the hospital more often than not. That's about it. Vaccinated people have already spread this like a BC wildfire.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

After shopping in the mall today in Kelowna, I can say without question...

There is once again no sense being made here.  The gathering/capacity restrictions at homes etc.  The mall is n absolute free for all.  Masks were mostly worn, but the quality was loose.

A shirt over the snoot doesn't qualify.  A mask under your nose also does not qualify.  No mask at all... obviously not.

NO regulations

1 minute ago, LesPaul81 said:

There is once again no sense being made here.  The gathering/capacity restrictions at homes etc.  The mall is n absolute free for all.  Masks were mostly worn, but the quality was loose.

A shirt over the snoot doesn't qualify.  A mask under your nose also does not qualify.  No mask at all... obviously not.

NO regulations

Don't know enough. 

Don't care enough. 

Or both.

That describes a significant percentage of people out there.  

3 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Don't know enough. 

Don't care enough. 

Or both.

That describes a significant percentage of people out there.  

I don't even know anymore.  It was definitely not what I had hoped for.  Basically a mass of humanity showing limited care or interest.  Distancing was not a consideration.  

8 minutes ago, LesPaul81 said:

NO regulations

As with every other wave, we're going to pay a price for our foolishness.  This one might be steep

• Thanks 1