The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

13 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Honestly as long as I get a couple of goodies from my sister's treats tray. I'm good until next Christmas. 

Cappachino shortbread dipped in chocolate. Nanaimo bar. 

To die for. 

In fact I'd be wiping out Jason if he stood in the way of those treats . 

We know Chevy Chase can defeat himself 

christmas-vacation-national-lampoons.gif.66a673ea1fe30b139ee03616bb131dfb.gif

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yep. For those wondering, today is a new record high for new cases in a single day (1,308). The last record was 1,293 on April 8th.

And they show about 60% being the new variant. That means over 500 cases of delta variant alone on a Tuesday. Not good numbers 

• Vintage 1

Absolute joke shutting down gyms.  Why didn't they just go back to the limited system we had before where I had to book my workout time so there was limited people there at a given time frame.  Yes lets shut down something that helps people stay fit and healthy and aren't the ones being the strain on the medical system while we let the unhealthy people continue going through McDonalds and getting that burger, extra large coke with a side of fries.....

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Russ said:

Absolute joke shutting down gyms.  Why didn't they just go back to the limited system we had before where I had to book my workout time so there was limited people there at a given time frame.  Yes lets shut down something that helps people stay fit and healthy and aren't the ones being the strain on the medical system while we let the unhealthy people continue going through McDonalds and getting that burger, extra large coke with a side of fries.....

Now don’t you worry the decision was based on “science.” 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Russ said:

Just go Mall walking they wide open and safe

Edited by Chicken.
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I'm sorry. Are the unvaccinated people departing planet Earth, or does Omicron plan on leaving middle January?

I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm saying the logic behind that of the officials is circular or goes nowhere. 

I think we are waiting for a more lethal variant so that the darwin effect will kill off the remaining unvaccinated

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

Is it or isn't it?

Looks like it will be awhile before we know

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/omicron-does-not-appear-to-be-less-severe-than-delta-says-u-k-epidemiologist/vi-AAS1Ew4?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

"While some health officials have said Omicron seems milder than previous variants of the coronavirus, British epidemiologist, Dr. John Edmunds says there is no evidence of that, but vaccinations appear to blunt its effect.(Evan Mitsui/CBC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2:22 minute vid at link.

36 minutes ago, Russ said:

But what if I want to gym and want to eat Muckdonalds.

39 minutes ago, Russ said:

This seems reasonable. Booking a time to accommodate vaxxed people to work out would eliminate a crush of people at one time. Much easier to implement safety measures in this case. Good for the patrons, good for the businesses.

Seems the province has perhaps used a meat cleaver when a scalpel would have been more appropriate.

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

But what if I want to gym and want to eat Muckdonalds.

Going to need a lot more gym time then.

52 minutes ago, Russ said:

its 3 weeks

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Seems like a lot of people don't understand what omicron is going to do in the next two-three weeks

I mean I get it. I hated it when the ski season was cut short. But go do something else for 3 weeks. Snow shoe, its nearly free. Do a boot camp outside. Its not the end of the world.

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Same here.  This is exactly what Bonnie has been saying today.  These restrictions are short time; to slow the progression of Omicron until they know how it will affect our health. 

That's good, I didn't see her conference today so thanks for the recap. 

Doesn't hurt to play it a tiny bit on the safer then necessary side for now.  I really think that by spring 2022 we will see things go back to normal as soon as the warm weather and sun comes back to BC. 

6 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

It all started with 2 weeks to flatten the curve amiright :metal: 

Putting an end date doesnt help much when its not believed, this restriction thing is going to perpetuity ill just have to accept it.

The Office Yes GIF

• RoughGame 1