The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

28 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

They shut everything else down except for Sky train's and bus's, Which more people use for to get to get around , Isn't that a high priority? More germs are on public transit then restaurants and pubs..at least the waitresses come around after your seating and wipe it down.

How about shut everything down for 2 weeks and let's solve this sh!t.

We must.

All you have to do is look at Italy. We have the benefit of hindsight. Today is tomorrow's hindsight.

Italy went on a nationwide lockdown 8 days ago. I don't want us to wait until we have 9,000+ cases like Italy did before we enact ours.

Edited by EmilyM
fixed dates for better accuracy
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Ont, AB, BC all declared emergency. It is the right thing to do. 

Too many are still not taking it seriously.  People watch zombie virus movies and think if they don't see dying people on the streets or riots, it is ok. 

Spoke to former colleagues at VGH, and they say they are not ready for the surge.  So do your part and stay home.  Don't overwhelm the system. 

received_540434663549113.jpeg

Sign me up Sgt.  Gonna war the crap outta my couch!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Welp, my workplace is shutting down for two weeks starting tomorrow. We're all off at 75% pay.

Lucky, I'd take that deal all day.  Just the money saved in gas and not going out would almost cover the 25% loss.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

They shut everything else down except for Sky train's and bus's, Which more people use for to get around , Isn't that a high priority? More germs are on public transit then restaurants and pubs..at least the waitresses come around after your seating and wipe it down.

No clue why Skytrain is still open. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

They shut everything else down except for Sky train's and bus's, Which more people use for to get around , Isn't that a high priority? More germs are on public transit then restaurants and pubs..at least the waitresses come around after your seating and wipe it down.

Can't shut transit down if your essential services are using it to commute. Nurses, doctors, whoever... they all need to get to work. However, I'll be avoiding public transit like the plague.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

We must.

All you have to do is look at Italy. We have the benefit of hindsight. Today is tomorrow's hindsight.

Italy went on a nationwide lockdown 6 days ago. I don't want us to wait until we have 10,000+ cases like Italy did before we enact ours.

Italy went into national lockdown 8 days ago on March 9th.

Hard to believe they had under 10,000 cases 8 days ago and now have over 30,000.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Petey40 said:

Italy went into national lockdown 8 days ago on March 9th.

Hard to believe they had under 10,000 cases 8 days ago and now have over 30,000.

Wasn't it select regional lockdown on the 9th and national on the 10th?

Whatever the exact number is, we have a chance to get ahead of it today. Every hour is a life saved at this point.

• Cheers 2

Guess I am back to work tomorrow.  I got my hands on a thermometer and temperature is good, pretty sure the sneezing is just allergies.  I am sure a lot of people like me don't know what to do, we sneeze all the time.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Can't shut transit down if your essential services are using it to commute. Nurses, doctors, whoever... they all need to get to work. However, I'll be avoiding public transit like the plague.

Good point. Then Just keep it open to them, If they have ID, They get through. Rest of the public - kick rocks.

Edit : Also every healthcare worker should be given the pass to get to work cost free, Especially at this time.

Edited by nux4lyfe
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Good point. Then Just keep it open to them, If they have ID, They get through. Rest of the public - kick rocks.

Edit : Also every healthcare worker should be given the pass to get to work cost free, Especially at this time.

Every healthcare worker should be given a free car to drive to work alone

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Washington has most deaths and 2nd most cases in the U.S.

I am not sure why Canada has not closed that section of the border as well as N.Y state crossings.

BC Health Minister Dix said the same thing.  He wants the Washington border closed but do not have the jurisdiction to do so.   It would be up to the Feds but Trudeau said no closure.

So blame Trudeau for this one.

Edited by DonLever