The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think they would need to implement something like the war measures act, so they could suspend everyone's freedom and rights.

That is a huge move. 

Yeah man it’s going to be a really interesting week, they might have no choice but to do something like that for the good of public health and safety. 

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think they would need to implement something like the war measures act, so they could suspend everyone's freedom and rights.

That is a huge move. 

Martial inside of two weeks is my guess

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Going out today to buy seeds. We're on a couple acres. Have 2 apple and 2 pear tress, gonna talk to my sister about a couple of her chickens.

Thanks,

Chickens, yes.  That said, they are now dealing with avian flu in Europe.  However, were completely cut off from other continents that we might be ok with chickens.  I'm considering ducks 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Trying to imagine hockey with Social Distancing. Instead of hitting, the challenge is to stay at least 6 feet away from ALL the other players on the Ice!

:)

Pretty much been like that for two seasons now!

I think we've watched our last Canucks game for a very long time, possibly for good 

• Wat 2

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think we've watched our last Canucks game for a very long time, possibly for good 

Things will return, but this isn't something that's going to blow over in 2 or 3 weeks. Its going to get much worse before it gets better.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

You do realize the Chinese basketball league is back playing after a 12 week hiatus, right?  Once the herd has developed immunity to this (or any) virus, life will get back to how it was before.  

I think what we learn from this experience though is that flu vaccination should be mandatory, except for medical reasons of corse.

4 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Recommendations if you have a condo in Vancouver? I have about 12fsqft of patio space.

Do you have a rooftop on your condo?  If so, I'd be talking to my condo board and residents about rooftop gardens.  Short if that, think of friends or family with a decent sized yard and ask if you can have a spot

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

You do realize the Chinese basketball league is back playing after a 12 week hiatus, right?  Once the herd has developed immunity to this (or any) virus, life will get back to how it was before.  

I think what we learn from this experience though is that flu vaccination should be mandatory, except for medical reasons of corse.

This has nothing to do with flu vaccination though lol 

Edited by Petey40
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That is the way they can take away everybody's Rights and Freedoms. I know it sounds easy enough to do but that is a huge move for the government that would have lasting consequences.

Recession for sure.  

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That is the way they can take away everybody's Rights and Freedoms. I know it sounds easy enough to do but that is a huge move for the government that would have lasting consequences.

It's the NWO taking over.

Think about it - a 'manufactured' virus - a necessary evil entity for everyone to get behind for the greater good. NWO is not immune to this but it is necessary. We drop our guard. We, for the most part, are compliant with government demands of de-mobilizing, going into hiding, and staying off the streets. We're no longer in large crowds or gatherings. The military and national guard moves into the streets and city centers and takes over. Now we're much less effective at fighting back because we've already isolated ourselves at will. Bring on the concentration camps.

Not my assertion, of course. :gocan:

• Cheers 1

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Things will return, but this isn't something that's going to blow over in 2 or 3 weeks. Its going to get much worse before it gets better.

People need to be planning for isolation until there's a vaccine, which will be in 18-24 months.  If you think the supply chain is going to last that long, you're more optimistic than I am.

I am prepping for survival mode and I suggest others do the same.  I'm optimistic that we are advanced enough, tech wise, that utilities can be maintained with minimal human labour.  Luckily the air (as far as we know) isn't overly infectious, so we should be able to have workers maintaining those services

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

It's the NWO taking over.

Think about it - a 'manufactured' virus - a necessary evil entity for everyone to get behind for the greater good. NWO is not immune to this but it is necessary. We drop our guard. We, for the most part, are compliant with government demands of de-mobilizing, going into hiding, and staying off the streets. We're no longer in large crowds or gatherings. The military and national guard moves into the streets and city centers and takes over. Now we're much less effective at fighting back because we've already isolated ourselves at will. Bring on the concentration camps.

Not my assertion, of course. :gocan:

Imo, now isn't the time for that crap.

• Haha 2