The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

13 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

There are about 3 or 4 different vaccines being expedited into testing.

yes, we need to be cautious right now and be prepared, just in case.

How dangerous can that be? Cause some are skipping animal trials and jumping straight to human trials. Seems dangerous 

4 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

At worst? It could kill you. 

No possibility of making the virus mutate and become more dangerous? Seems like some sci-fi movie stuff but I dunno enough about this stuff to argue either way 

Edited by Petey40

33 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

What about renters?

I rent out a cabin, if I get a break on my mortgage I will obviously defer their rent. But are there measures in place that put pressure on other landlords to do the same?

Great question, something I'm wondering about

Just now, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Looks like my Aunt and uncle have it. 39 degree fever and a constant cough. 

Haven't travelled anywhere in months. 

Have they been around anyone who has travelled? Been sick? Have they been tested? Also, if they are showing signs of being sick, they should also inform those who have been in close contact with them recently. I hope they're ok and pull through this.

Just now, Jester13 said:

Have they been around anyone who has travelled? Been sick? Have they been tested? Also, if they are showing signs of being sick, they should also inform those who have been in close contact with them recently. I hope they're ok and pull through this.

They won't test anyone here unless they have severe symptoms. Such is the wisdom of the British government. We'll have no idea of the real figures. It's a guessing game. 

I've no idea - I'm not in touch with them that often. My dad told me on the phone earlier. I'm pretty sure they'll have been in contact with everyone they've been in contact with - common sense really. 

Thanks! 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

They won't test anyone here unless they have severe symptoms. Such is the wisdom of the British government. We'll have no idea of the real figures. It's a guessing game. 

I've no idea - I'm not in touch with them that often. My dad told me on the phone earlier. I'm pretty sure they'll have been in contact with everyone they've been in contact with - common sense really. 

Thanks! 

Unfortunately, common sense isn't so common, even during such a crisis. I work with people who have shown symptoms yet didn't tell anyone or self-isolate. People tend to get scared and lie about their situation when they show symptoms. 

Anyways, glad to hear they have common sense.

On 3/17/2020 at 10:17 AM, Petey40 said:

Perhaps you should listen to Japanese health authorities and leave us to listen to the guidance and rules set out by Canadian health authorities then. 

It is clear from being on here, watching the Canadian media, and talking to friends and family that many people in Canada are panicking.  Perhaps, people in North America should have been listening and paying attention to was was happening in Asia a little earlier.  

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

No possibility of making the virus mutate and become more dangerous? Seems like some sci-fi movie stuff but I dunno enough about this stuff to argue either way 

After speaking with family who are in healthcare, there hasn’t been any major mutations. The virus still affects the elderly and those with compromised respiratory systems the most. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, samurai said:

It is clear from being on here, watching the Canadian media, and talking to friends and family that many people in Canada are panicking.  Perhaps, people in North America should have been listening and paying attention to was was happening in Asia a little earlier.  

:picard: Just stop dude. It’s enough. We’re going through a pandemic and Canada is starting to get hit hard so just stop.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, samurai said:

I don't see people panicking.......people are getting freaked out, for sure.  Some of us are preparing for an extended period of hard times, but I don't see much "panic"

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

As CTV News just indicated, people in their 30s are being shown to be getting extremely ill and being placed on ventilators.  If the system gets overloaded, those ventilator resources will diminish, which would mean people from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, etc could all face dire circumstances including death.

Flatten the curve people!  Stay home!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

As CTV News just indicated, people in their 30s are being shown to be getting extremely ill and being placed on ventilators.  If the system gets overloaded, those ventilator resources will diminish, which would mean people from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, etc could all face dire circumstances including death.

Flatten the curve people!  Stay home!

Yeah basically the stronger the immune system, the longer it takes for it to show. 

13 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

:picard: Just stop dude. It’s enough. We’re going through a pandemic and Canada is starting to get hit hard so just stop.

While it is fine for you to post the Italian death toll on here.  What value does that offer?  I am choosing to reference Asia and you Italy.  I am in Asia but I am pretty sure you are not in Italy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, samurai said:

While it is fine for you to post the Italian death toll on here.  What value does that offer?  I am choosing to reference Asia and you Italy.  I am in Asia but I am pretty sure you are not in Italy. 

You’re not offering anything though. I’m posting ongoing events about the virus in the thread made for the virus. 

You're coming on here and telling us Canadians are panicking and that we should be going about our daily lives cause that’s what you’re doing in Japan. 

I’m not the only one posting Italy’s statistics but I don’t mind stopping.