The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 hours ago, SniperSingh said:

A couple of items to consider as I have not read this whole discussion. But firstly, the companies involved in the covid vaccine have no legal liability for adverse outcomes because the vaccine was approved under the emergency authorization act (in the USA), and I would suspect similar protections exist globally.

Secondly, there was not a proper clinical study. As someone who's invested in alot of Biotech stocks, you cannot approve any medication as fast as they have, because clinical trials for vaccines and medications typically take up to ten years. In effect, any of us who took the vaccines were the 'test cohort'.

Third, no independent parties reviewed these vaccines. They reviewed selective data from the pharma companies. If you aren't aware, there was a lawsuit in the USA to force Pfizer to release all of their test data, as they said they would release it in 55 years! One has to ask, why would they want to wait 55 years? I am not saying they have something to hide but is sure suggests as such!

Pfizer lost and have been slowly dribbling out their data. If the vaccines where "reviewed" the data would have been out there so your view is incorrect, the courts had to force them to release post pandemic due to a lawsuit.

I am not arguing either way, here, I am just providing some facts to consider. None of this was explained to us when we took the vaccines, we were told they were "safe". However, based on what is a typical process, there is no way they could have said they were safe, and if they were not and are not (long term) no one pays the price, other than those of us who took it.

Awareness is key.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/16/covid-vaccine-side-effects-compensation-lawsuit.html

Just gonna leave these here

https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/covid-vaccine/testing

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/basics/test-approve.html

https://covid19.nih.gov/nih-strategic-response-covid-19/decades-making-mrna-covid-19-vaccines

How has development been sped up amid the pandemic?

Under normal circumstances, during which the stages of vaccine development occur sequentially, a vaccine takes eight to fifteen years on average to get from the lab into the hands of health-care providers. The fastest a vaccine had ever been developed before this pandemic was four years. Following the emergence of COVID-19, however, researchers around the globe accelerated the process by carrying out stages of development simultaneously and by looking to new vaccine technologies. “What we’re seeing is remarkable,” said Paul Offit, director of the Vaccine Education Center at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, in late 2020. “It is a scientific tour de force.

The U.S. Operation Warp Speed timeline hinged on overlapping stages of development; mass production started for strong candidates even while clinical trials were ongoing. Before their vaccines were approved, Moderna received $2.5 billion in a deal under Warp Speed that included the purchase of one hundred million doses, while Pfizer and BioNTech signed a $1.95 billion contract to manufacture and distribute one hundred million doses of their vaccine. After President Joe Biden took office, his administration purchased over a billion additional doses, the majority of which have been donated to other countries.

Another way researchers have quickened the process is by focusing on new vaccine approaches. RNA- and DNA-based vaccines can be developed far faster than conventional vaccines, which require months at a time of growing antigens in animal or insect cells.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just gonna leave these here

https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/covid-vaccine/testing

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/basics/test-approve.html

https://covid19.nih.gov/nih-strategic-response-covid-19/decades-making-mrna-covid-19-vaccines

How has development been sped up amid the pandemic?

Under normal circumstances, during which the stages of vaccine development occur sequentially, a vaccine takes eight to fifteen years on average to get from the lab into the hands of health-care providers. The fastest a vaccine had ever been developed before this pandemic was four years. Following the emergence of COVID-19, however, researchers around the globe accelerated the process by carrying out stages of development simultaneously and by looking to new vaccine technologies. “What we’re seeing is remarkable,” said Paul Offit, director of the Vaccine Education Center at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, in late 2020. “It is a scientific tour de force.

The U.S. Operation Warp Speed timeline hinged on overlapping stages of development; mass production started for strong candidates even while clinical trials were ongoing. Before their vaccines were approved, Moderna received $2.5 billion in a deal under Warp Speed that included the purchase of one hundred million doses, while Pfizer and BioNTech signed a $1.95 billion contract to manufacture and distribute one hundred million doses of their vaccine. After President Joe Biden took office, his administration purchased over a billion additional doses, the majority of which have been donated to other countries.

Another way researchers have quickened the process is by focusing on new vaccine approaches. RNA- and DNA-based vaccines can be developed far faster than conventional vaccines, which require months at a time of growing antigens in animal or insect cells.

This thread is giving me PTSD. 

One of the things not highlighted here is that the mRNA vaccine method had been in development and testing for some time. It was just adapted to COVID 19. 
So they weren’t starting and testing a process from scratch much of the testing had been done, just not with the specific COVID sequences. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, SniperSingh said:

Thanks 

You do understand that a big part of testing vaccines is to understand long term affects right? This cannot occur in the timeline we had. As i said, we are the test cohort. 

anyways, I’ve done much more research on this than most here and have my views.

we agree to disagree

I've done more research than you.

See how easy it is to make that claim?

Post your results.

The experts do not agree with you.  If you have a differing point of view due to some level of research you've completed, post your research and findings.

If not, just... don't.  Really.  

Edited by Warhippy

3 minutes ago, SniperSingh said:

Thanks 

You do understand that a big part of testing vaccines is to understand long term affects right? This cannot occur in the timeline we had. As i said, we are the test cohort. 

we agree to disagree

So you then see that there was no way for the testing you clearly want to have happened to have occurred. As you said, this cannot occur in the timeline we had. We had a pandemic and things needed to happen fast.

However, what you've said does not dismiss the fact that prior testing before covid hit would have been done, making it not as bad as you're making it out to be.

Stating you've done more research means nothing. It could mean you did your due diligence or it could mean you researched only to appease confirmation bias. And based on what I've read for the past 3 years in this thread, I would fully trust @DrJockitch well before I would ever consider someone randomly showing up saying "I did all the research".

But hey, we agree to disagree, right?

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, SniperSingh said:

Thanks 

we agree to disagree

That can not occur in the setting of any pandemic or outbreak by the timelines that you have forced on the conversation. This wasn’t the vaccine development for a long term indolent infection like HPV, it was a rapidly progressing severe respiratory virus that killed millions and swamped health care systems globally. 
They built on established science and testing and adapted to the situation in what was a marvellous scientific and political achievement. 

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

52 minutes ago, SniperSingh said:

Thanks 

Just so you know, the "Dr" on his username isn't just an affectation....

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, SniperSingh said:

Thanks 

we agree to disagree

Tell us of a side effect that occurred after 60 days for any vaccine.   We will wait.

We will shortly reach the 3 year anniversary of the thousands who participated in the clinical trials.  There are millions who have been fully vaccinated for 2 and 1/2 years.  It's been 2 years for me.  And many of those have had boosters. 

We're all waiting for these long-term side effects to kick in.

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

33 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Tell us of a side effect that occurred after 60 days for any vaccine.   We will wait.

We will shortly reach the 3 year anniversary of the thousands who participated in the clinical trials.  There are millions who have been fully vaccinated for 2 and 1/2 years.  It's been 2 years for me.  And many of those have had boosters. 

We're all waiting for these long-term side effects to kick in.

Has anyone ever convinced an anti-vaxer to actually think about anything that conflicts with their agenda? Facts and logic mean nothing to the willfully ignorant.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Sounds to me like somebody is trying to get the Covid thread moved to the Adults Table <_<

I would imagine that the anti-vaxers have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand they like to pretend that Covid doesn't exist, and hiding the thread in the Adults Table would help them with that goal. But on the other hand, they enjoy trolling civilized people, and hiding the Covid thread would limit their opportunities to do that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I would imagine that the anti-vaxers have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand they like to pretend that Covid doesn't exist, and hiding the thread in the Adults Table would help them with that goal. But on the other hand, they enjoy trolling civilized people, and hiding the Covid thread would limit their opportunities to do that.

Antivaxxers like to pretend Covid doesn’t exist or is just a flu so they don’t need to be vaccinated until they get it and need a hospital. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I thought I'd drop this here.  There are numerous mRNA treatments/vaccines being tested right now.  This is but one example.  Cancer treatments get tested and approved using clinical trials that have significantly fewer participants than the Covid mRNA vaccines.  We should be thanking the development of the Covid mRNA vaccines because they proved the technology on a vast scale.  Now, these specialized mRNA treatments/vaccines can make their way into our lives.  Saving lives.  

https://www.mskcc.org/news/can-mrna-vaccines-fight-pancreatic-cancer-msk-clinical-researchers-are-trying-find-out

MSK mRNA Pancreatic Cancer Vaccine Trial Shows Promising Results

Thanks for posting this hopefully it sees positive results. I lost my Mom to cancer last year and studies like this give me hope that others will never have to go through something like that in the future.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 7/7/2023 at 10:19 AM, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I thought I'd drop this here.  There are numerous mRNA treatments/vaccines being tested right now.  This is but one example.  Cancer treatments get tested and approved using clinical trials that have significantly fewer participants than the Covid mRNA vaccines.  We should be thanking the development of the Covid mRNA vaccines because they proved the technology on a vast scale.  Now, these specialized mRNA treatments/vaccines can make their way into our lives.  Saving lives.  

https://www.mskcc.org/news/can-mrna-vaccines-fight-pancreatic-cancer-msk-clinical-researchers-are-trying-find-out

MSK mRNA Pancreatic Cancer Vaccine Trial Shows Promising Results

That's excellent news. I wonder, if and when this vaccine is released to the public, if the Luddite anti-vaxers will still refuse to accept mRNA treatments. They seem to be absolutely determined to qualify for the Darwin Awards. I would be fine with that, since for the most part cancers are not contagious, unlike Covid.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

That's interesting, I was reading a news article yesterday about this. I always thought it was blood type. My mother got really sick from Covid and she has a rare blood type and the other members of the household did not get sick except for my sister-in-law. 

• 2 weeks later...