Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Loui Eriksson, assign Justin Bailey to taxi squad

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm pretty sure he won't turn into a Cam Neely. It seems to me Jake is playing scared. He knows any mistake will bite him. Maybe a fresh start is what he needs. I was hoping he could be groomed by JT Miller to learn and copy his abilities. 

Jim thought Jake could be groomed by Micheal Ferland. That'*s what I recall from Jim once they signed Ferland. Canucks wanted that Jake plays with more physicality, throwing more hits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Whaleroad Train said:

Loui Eriksson - The human yo-yo.

Jimmy must be one of those guys that can work a yo-yo in each hand. One for Loui and the uther fer Justin

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, buddhahoodlum said:

Hey y'all ever wonder if there's a Vintage Calgary, Vintage Oiler, etc and are they all as cool as our Vintage?

what about Deb luvs the Oilers and Deb luvs the Flames

 

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Provost said:

I am not saying it is the right or wrong decision to sit him... but if they do, they should just go ahead and pull the trigger to trade him.  It hasn't been a fit for either side since the beginning and it would be better for both to move on.  Jake has had Green as his coach for years, since the minors, and obviously the messaging isn't being heard and the coach doesn't know how to get what he needs out of the player.

There will be teams who are quickly deciding they need to tweak their rosters as well, same as us.  We can either swap projects or get some futures and sign a placeholder like Grabner for cheap.

At some point this saga needs to be done.  Cut the cord or stick it out and leave him in one spot in the lineup to figure it out.  He hasn't shown he smart enough to play on the top line one night and the 3rd line another with entirely different expectations in each role.  It makes him worse at both roles, he is the opposite of a guy like Hansen who was a swiss army knife.

Jannil Hansen had 24 goals by age 25

but otherwise I agree with you

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

giphy.gif

Just got a memo from the universe, saying debluvscanucks must change her username for an hour during Game 7 to either "debluvs[canucks' opponent team name]" or "debluvsLouiEriksson" to help the team get the win... then she can change it back.  She must also have her CDC profile on her computer/ phone/ tablet screen during the game and regularly look at said username. 

... ... Question is, is deb a team player? 

Edited by Phil_314
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Jim thought Jake could be groomed by Micheal Ferland. That'*s what I recall from Jim once they signed Ferland. Canucks wanted that Jake plays with more physicality, throwing more hits.

Unfortunately it’s a non starter 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm pretty sure he won't turn into a Cam Neely. It seems to me Jake is playing scared. He knows any mistake will bite him. Maybe a fresh start is what he needs. I was hoping he could be groomed by JT Miller to learn and copy his abilities. Think Ottawa would be interested in a Logan Brown/Jake trade?

Cam Neely fought everyone he could as a Canuck.  So much, he often played the game with mangled hands (to my knowledge).  Though in Jake's defense, not being able to achieve Neely's level isn't really that big a knock on him (given Neely was that good in his prime).

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2021 at 2:53 PM, nux4lyfe said:

Hello Russian Mafia, Take care of Loui..I pay in vodka.

We can criticize Eriksson all we want but the guy knows how to play smart defensive high percentage hockey.     He's more useful than Virtanen and Roussel right now.    

 

Other than flirting with Ryan Reaves, I haven't seen Roussel do much of anything these past 10 months.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

We can criticize Eriksson all we want but the guy knows how to play smart defensive high percentage hockey.     He's more useful than Virtanen and Roussel right now.    

 

Other than flirting with Ryan Reaves, I haven't seen Roussel do much of anything these past 10 months.

 

 

It's no accident that the Canucks do better with him in the lineup.

 

I am so sad that Virtanen is a disappointment and should be traded asap. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

It's no accident that the Canucks do better with him in the lineup.

 

I am so sad that Virtanen is a disappointment and should be traded asap. :(

Agreed on both accounts.

 

Really disappointed with Virtanen.   Having said that, I’m willing to give him another look on our bottom 6.   With Miller slated to return, I’m interested in seeing what Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen can do.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...