The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets | January 30, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, SN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, ‘ce$co Aquilini said:

Imagine if the Canucks had Ehlers in the lineup vs. Virtanen in the press box. Pick never made sense to me, never will.

Oh well, boys that did play played a great game today! By far the best 60 min performance in a long time :) 

Hindsight is 20/20

• Cheers 2

Our best game of the season imo. Jets started out well but fizzled fairly quickly. Entertaining game lots of skill out there.

I don't want to read too much into it with Laine out and all, but I had put a lot of value into this game. I feel that getting on a winning streak was great, but continuing to play well against Winnipeg was important. Besides all this, its nice to just see the team play good hockey. Generally good passing, good speed, good forecheck and good goaltending.

I may just be convinced this team has shrugged off the slow start. Still would be great to see Schmidt do something useful out there.

32 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

The biggest difference is we kept the play out of our d zone 

Keot offensive pressure and took away the neutral zone

its when we are in our own d zone our lack of structure is exposed 

props to Green having them ready and keeping the offensive pressure up 

So, we are not firing coaches anymore? Lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, spur1 said:

It is kind of unbelievable that a second round pick steps into the NHL a year after being drafted and also makes a big difference. 

Pretty rare actually. I wonder what the numbers are on that 

• Upvote 1