The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets | January 30, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, SN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

7 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Hogs play in his own end is top notch. All the other rookies are getting sheltered and not playing against the oppositions best players. From day one he’s faced nothing but top lines and has not looked out of place. It’s time the Calder voters take notice and take a long hard look at a strong 2 way game. 

He's in the running! He's tied for first in goals, third in points among rookies now. And he's a plus 1.

How crazy is that? First Brock, then Petey, then Hughsie, and now maybe Hogs in 4 consecutive years?! Has that ever been done by a team?

Edited by yes we can nucks
additional thoughts
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RogersTowell said:

Thanks for that moderately useless stat.  How is he doing for points?

I’m just saying you can’t directly contribute Hughes to Benn being such a plus player.  Hughes has legitimately been a liability in his own zone to start the season until Benn helped stabilize him.  I’m as optimistic a Canucks fan as they come, but I will say something if someone says something that is just plain false.

• Cheers 1

Best game of the year for the Canucks!  Very good all round game and good defensive game.  I like Hoglander more and more - good hustle.  I liked all the D and Chatfield is settling in. 

Great coaching too for all the Green haters :)  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Hogs play in his own end is top notch. All the other rookies are getting sheltered and not playing against the oppositions best players. From day one he’s faced nothing but top lines and has not looked out of place. It’s time the Calder voters take notice and take a long hard look at a strong 2 way game. 

Agree, i've been watching minni games and kaprizov can't defend to save his life. Not sure why he gets insane praise tbh. Real good offensive talent though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

EtCeleZXYAAR5cL?format=jpg&name=large

Linden should be on that list, right the top probably, my recollection was they put him at centre to counter Joel Otto in the first round of the 94 playoffs, he would’ve turned 24 that April.  He scored 180 goals to that point.

Edited by bbllpp
  • Cheers 1