The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 2, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Postives:

- Montreal got most, if not all of, the breaks. If we get a few breaks its a different game.

- Outshot the Canadiens. Had some quality chances, but Jake Allen was sharp.

- Didn't quit when we were down. 

Still had some defensive breakdowns that cost us. But Montreal is a really good team - really good structure in all zones. This was a step from last game for sure.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Yep no one even trying to drag the team into the fight.

I wanna see Bailey, Hawryluk, and Michaelis slotted in if these guys won’t play with heart. At least those guys will work their bags off for a spot.

i agree play the guys that want to be here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

I vehemently disagree. Like. No. Giving up constant rebounds right in front of him in the slot is not being sharp...there had to be anywhere from 7-10 point shots that had rebounds just sitting there in front. The Canucks just lost the battles every time.

His mask is cool though. 

3 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

I vehemently disagree. Like. No. Giving up constant rebounds right in front of him in the slot is not being sharp...there had to be anywhere from 7-10 point shots that had rebounds just sitting there in front. The Canucks just lost the battles every time.

Montreal is really good infront of their net. Look at their defenseman: Weber, Petry, Chairot, Edmunson, Romanov. All big guys. And Montreal plays a really structured game.

They are the best team for a reason, gotta give them credit. And the chances we did have Jake Allen didn't blink.

• Cheers 2

Just now, canuck2288 said:

The difference between systems is so apparent 

montreal is disciplined, great coverage, structured breakout, fantastic forecheck

we are well....a tire fire  

What a joke 

Yet the Green lovers will make yet another excuse and defend the incompetent clown 

Interestingly enough was just listening to the missin curfew podcast. 

And O’Brien, Ushall, Hayes and Mike Richards all called Green a beauty and a good coach. Far from an “incompetent clown” 

• Vintage 1

maybe i'm reading too much into this, but Miller is one of Jake's mentors on the team but Virtanen is always in Green's doghouse. maybe Miller isn't happy with the treatment Jake is receiving from Green and is playing like crap to protest? lol 

• Haha 1