The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 2, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

Miller signed with the Canucks as team on the cusp of entering the elite category, but mismanagement of assets has set that idea back a few years. I like his intensity 

Mismanagement has been the face of this franchise since it's inception, that's why it hasn't won a cup in it's 51 year history. They had one job this off season and that was to keep Toffoli, even idiot like myself saw this as plain as day! It's typical of this team though, i think the only reason i've followed them this long is because i'm a bit of a masochist?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Petey scored and showed some pushback....I'm ok with him.

He's a bit awkward in interviews.....just because they reported that he "joked" doesn't mean he isn't taking things seriously.

He was MIA for two of the three periods again. Stop making excuses. He’s saying what he’s saying. I am not going to guess what he is thinking. I will use what he says. 

4 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Has Tippet turned the Oilers into a defensive powerhouse?

Hardly.  

If the Canucks had Tippet as a coach, could he suddenly turn the teams defensive woes around?  

Doubt it.

Fact of the matter is that execution on the ice is probably by day the bigger issue, and that can only be improved as the group evolves.

But u keep on yelling at those clouds champ!  

Sad news 

with a worse goalie and a much weaker defense roster the oiler are better defensively. How is that? 

hmmm coaching?

By the way, Tippet’s team is ahead of Green’s team in the standing 

nice try though 

green is awesome though, just look at his body of work .....oh wait 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly.

Montreal will run into tough parts of the schedule where they seem like they can’t win too. It’s part of every teams season.

Unfortunately our struggles seem to have come early and are magnified by the fact we’ve lost so much to one team.

And after key personnel changes. Rough start for sure.

Avs made 2nd round playoffs and missed the playoffs the following season cpl years back.. now their young kids are developed making them an elite team..

No surprise if we miss playoffs this season and get better 2 seasons from now... 

3 rookies on team including a top 6 forward and a Dman. 

• Like 1

Just now, StealthNuck said:

I hope we haven't lowered the bar to "oh well it wasn't the worst". 

No but I seen a lot of improvements over I team we’ve struggled against mightily. I’m not gonna sit here and dwell on it like the lot of ya. Until I see us play some other teams at the very least 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Petey scored and showed some pushback....I'm ok with him.

Petey's a bit awkward in interviews.....just because they reported "joked" doesn't mean he isn't taking things seriously.

The only thing with Petey that worries me is in his first and second year he was visibly disgusted by losing. The next game he would come out out and be the most determined player on the ice. I just hope he's not losing that disgust.

7 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

Yeah I agree. I'm just saying I don't agree with the notion that Allen played sharp. He played well enough to win. The Canucks could've scored a lot more if they won a few more battles in front. Allen gave up numerous juicy rebounds every period.

Montreal just eliminates chances at them.

I thought some of the point blank chances we had to shoot Allen made some good saves, his glove hand was good. I mean we had almost 40 shots tonight its not like he wasn't seeing the puck. Not all the most dangerous chances I'll give you that, but they are a good team. 

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

They didn’t play bad by any stretch. Still some cleaning up to do but it honestly wasn’t the worst game. Not even close 

They will benefit from some rest and practice.

I know everyone doesn’t want to use the schedule excuse but I mean come on, look how many games we’ve played. 

I think it’s unrealistic to think we weren’t gonna hit a serious wall. When a team has just 10-15% more jump in the game that can be the difference between winning and losing.

• Vintage 1