The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Watching Canucks games on sportsnet?

Rate this topic

timmylu1

Hello,

Apologies if this is on the wrong forum.. Up until now ive been watching Canucks on Telus Fibre 4K. However I am moving homes and my new home doesn't have Telus..

So looking at my options I could go with shaw although its expensive and they don't have 4k.. or I could get Sportsnet plus and stream them? does anyone do this and have good experiences? do the games ever get blacked out because i hated that with NHL Center Ice. Does it Stream in 4K? 

PS no I don't want to use a illegal stream site.. 

Thanks for any help. 

I have the basic Sportsnet package and because of being in BC, I get all of the Canucks games.

I am happy with the quality. My internet isn't the greatest so not as good as when I had cable but soooo much cheaper (odd time it will lag behind a couple seconds). I can only be signed into 1 device at a time so need to make sure to log out if switching otherwise it can freeze up on you randomly until you log out and back in to rest or something weird like that.

I dont know about 4K

I used to watch Sportsnet Now.  It's pretty decent, but not without it's flaws.  Depending on the device you're watching on I found sometimes the app didn't always work the way you'd want it to (streams wouldn't load, stopped playing part way through and have to re-load etc.).  It seemed to work pretty flawlessly on a PC for what it's worth.

It's really a shame that they don't invest more into their app design, because until there are viable alternatives to paying for an entire cable package just to watch one channel (hockey), people are going to continue to look to the internet for illegal streams.  

If you are a new Shaw subscriber they can/should/will offer you a very good deal for a 2 year subscription to get you hooked up.

Tell them you are shopping around and want the best deal, Get the reps name you are talking to.

spacer.png

Edited by Mackcanuck

I've been using SNNow for a few years since I don't watch any other TV.

In my experience, it's about 20 seconds behind TV or radio watchers/listeners and for whatever reason, I only get 720p or lower. It's fine for me though, I just watch on a 24" monitor, so I don't need 4k or anything.

I've heard tons of complaints about the app, but if you simply watch via a computer and not a phone app (connect via HDMI to a TV if you like), it seems to work much better. I've never had a single blackout for Canucks games here in BC.

3 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

i thought watching streams wasnt illegal, but the person hosting the stream is illegal?

I believe it depends on which country you're in, but I've heard something similar. I can't remember if that was in relation to Canada or the US though.

11 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I believe it depends on which country you're in, but I've heard something similar. I can't remember if that was in relation to Canada or the US though.

Mostly I just don't want to bet on the quality, its always a battle. 

3 hours ago, timmylu1 said:

Mostly I just don't want to bet on the quality, its always a battle. 

I found this to be the case as well, which is why I just decided it wasn't worth it and went with SN Now.