The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 4, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

14 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Wrong

Perhaps, but for certain we're getting our team character tested.

Mebbe even our team identity.

Will we fold again or will we find resolve.

I'm thinking we'll have answers very soon.

Either way this season's challenge is extremely entertaining.

Edited by Mo Grit
repeated line
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Umm go ask shark fans how they feel about the boar.

Vegas completely under-achieved in the bubble. They beat the worst team in the bubble and almost choked against a team full of rookies and a backup rookie goalie.

And since Deboar has a gig we should hire the guy he replaced? Makes sense.

Deboer. Has a a stellar nhl record and took the sharks to the final 

Former nhl player and a law degree to boot 

very highly respected 

tell me you think Green is a better coach than DeBoer 

7 hours ago, 180sret said:

Lots of squabbling and handwringing in here lol. Sounds like a few basement GM's and couch coaches could get us a cup in one season if only the other 30 teams would just co-operate. For what its worth, I see a team cheating on the offensive side and getting burnt. Thats not really coaching, thats execution. Those are the details Green is trying to get them play. Look at a lot of teams whose core is young and have had some success scoring, hey scoring's fun, defence cuts into scoring chances. Seems for every point the top six get, they give up 2 points. I think its called growing pains. I think some posters here are going though the same thing, growing pains lol.

Should pin this post at the top of every game thread for the rest of the season.   Too much wish washy behaviour - depending on the way the wind blows, and a lot of conjecture including quite a bit of downright fake news (that's social media for you - get to say anything you want without fact checking - based next thing you know it's parroting around and making ass'es of u and me (assumptions ).   JB plays it close to his chest.    Just because he makes a comment here and there as a result of professional journalism, doesn't come close to giving you the full picture.  A snippet is exactly that 

Edit:  Go canucks Go!  Let's win a game! 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

I guess what kind of bugs me is this:

People slam those who make "excuses" for the team's losses.   But those very same people use money as an "excuse" for why players should be infallible and always on.  Perform at peak levels always, no matter what.  Like their million dollar contracts somehow make them immune to fatigue and stress.

Just doesn't work that way.

Their schedule isn't the only thing causing them to lose...but it isn't helping them either.  That's mostly my point.  In order to pull themselves out of the funk a little bit of time to regroup would likely do wonders.   They just don't have the luxury of that right now....and yes, the other teams do.  Especially when frustration sets in.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Just want to see the team develop a clear identify.

Just want to see the club display itself as a fast skating tough to play against team that shows up every night.

Hard  on forecheck and heavy on the body.   When one guy is battling in a scrum... it is go time for everyone on the ice.   I want to see a. TEAM that has each others back ALL the time.  Consistently sandpaper and truculence...  Yes please. 

• Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Ok so not Toffoli but who did Vancouver bring to help the team? Where's the help in D? Wheres the help in goaltending?

Well, I think most people in know would consider Nate and Hamonic upgrades on D.

Goaltending around the league as to be expected has been meh and going into the Habs series our goalies had save% of 911, and 905, not great, not bad but better than Price sub-900, better than Freddie, Koskinen, both Sens goalie and on par with Marky and Helly

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I guess what kind of bugs me is this:

People slam those who make "excuses" for the team's losses.   But those very same people use money as an "excuse" for why players should be infallible and always on.  Perform at peak levels always, no matter what.  Like their million dollar contracts somehow make them immune to fatigue and stress.

Just doesn't work that way.

Their schedule isn't the only thing causing them to lose...but it isn't helping them either.  That's mostly my point.  In order to pull themselves out of the funk a little bit of time to regroup would likely do wonders.   They just don't have the luxury of that right now....and yes, the other teams do.  Especially when frustration sets in.

One thing that never bugs me is your insights and fan hood.   I get the frustrations - but more then anything we should back our team.   Especially right now.   Something you've got in spades and for sure it makes an impact on this site.   Thanks Deb!   Win or lose this is our team, we aren't going to battle, they are for us, under difficult circumstances - maybe they should make one game where we just cheer for them and that's it.  Gratitude.   It only takes one cheerleader at a live game to get the crowd going .... we are lucky to have you as a regular poster - i for one definitely appreciate it. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Kind of like the look of those forward lines, except maybe replace Roussel with MacEwen.

The D, I wish they had a better partner for Hughes, and Chatfield on the top pairing? Green's lost his mind. 

Not a whole lot to work with. Benn is with Hughes. you put Myers with Edler on the top pairing then Schmidt and Chatfield doesn't give Green a ton of confidence.

• Upvote 1