The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Predators interested in Adam Gaudette

Fabbro would presumably be a player the Canucks would have interest in.  Even though Fabbro hasn't quite turned into a stud D for the Predators, he's still playing 18-20 minutes a night so I imagine they value him more than a guy like Gaudette.

Based on Gaudette's past production, Trenin seems like the next logical player the Canucks could have interest in but I personally think a 1-for-1 would be a terrible deal for the Canucks.  Trenin has potential but he hasn't really translated it to the NHL level yet even to the degree that Gaudette has.  There would have to be other assets coming back.

Something else to consider in any trade is the Expansion Draft.  Happy to be wrong on this but I believe Trenin would need to be protected (based on pro games played) so a question will be whether the Canucks would want to not only trade Gaudette and then risk losing Trenin if they don't protect him (unless they have no intention of protecting Gaudette).

Fabbro may also need protection but I think the Canucks can protect him if they expose Myers (which seems likely).

Just now, Fanuck said:

I actually hope Aquaman stays out of it completely.  He hired JB for a reason - let him do his job whether that means trade or no trade. 

You either trust the person you hired to do the job or you don't.  If you do you stay out of it.  If you don't, then that person shouldn't be doing that job. 

I do think that at the end of the season, there will be some significant changes coming. No sense in doing anything mid season during what is a strange season due to the pandemic. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

I actually hope Aquaman stays out of it completely.  He hired JB for a reason - let him do his job whether that means trade or no trade. 

You either trust the person you hired to do the job or you don't.  If you do you stay out of it.  If you don't, then that person shouldn't be doing that job. 

Pretty much this 

• Cheers 3

Just now, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

guy is only 21...

I’m aware. He’s one of those offensive or nothing forwards. Has played a lot high level hockey. KHL, AHL etc. Just doesn’t seem to have the trajectory yet of a promising offensive forward. My opinion of course. IF there is a trade to be made I’d rather see it for a guy that can play in the bottom six or a defencemen 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hopefully Benning isn't allowed to make any rash moves, which is what trading Gaudette or Virtanen would be at this point. In fact, I hope Aquilini has essentially shut Benning down for the season, as these are moves that a desperate GM would make, without any real thought as to the aftermath. 

Stay the course, Aqua Velva. Take Benning's phone away

Aqua Velva telling Benning to get off the phone

tenor.gif

• Haha 4

I wonder if Nick Cousins is a player the Predators want to move out.

13. Nashville scratched Nick Cousins in Tuesday’s 6–1 loss to Tampa Bay. It’s been a rough start there, and we’ll see where this goes. There would be interest depending on what the Predators decide to do.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31-thoughts-hextall-burke-signings-say-penguins/

18 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hopefully Benning isn't allowed to make any rash moves, which is what trading Gaudette or Virtanen would be at this point. In fact, I hope Aquilini has essentially shut Benning down for the season, as these are moves that a desperate GM would make, without any real thought as to the aftermath. 

Stay the course, Aqua Velva. Take Benning's phone away

Doesn't the fan base usually complain when there's speculation of ownership telling the GM what to do?

I'd want Benning to make a trade if it'll help the team. Clearly what we have right now isn't working.

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Handicapping the GM and letting him do nothing isn’t a solution. Might as well can him now if that is the plan. Or gtfo of his way and let him do his job. 

Canning him during a pandemic isn't a good idea. If this was any other non-pandemic year, sure can him now and replace him, but with the quarantine involved in every single move, it would be around the end of the season before the new GM would fully arrive anyway.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Canning him during a pandemic isn't a good idea. If this was any other non-pandemic year, sure can him now and replace him, but with the quarantine involved in every single move, it would be around the end of the season before the new GM would fully arrive anyway.

If you're not letting him make any moves why would it matter? 

• Cheers 4

23 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Benning is making moves out of desperation. Aqua should shut him down and wait until the offseason, where he can clean house and have a new, more experienced GM take stock of the situation. 

What moves has he made?  Your comment makes no sense at all.

• Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Pretty much this 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Doesn't the fan base usually complain when there's speculation of ownership telling the GM what to do?

Sure. Sometimes the GM has it coming. 

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

I'd want Benning to make a trade if it'll help the team. Clearly what we have right now isn't working.

Nothing is working for the team presently. Well maybe Edler and Motte are working, but the rest of the team is in a real funk, so one or two trades isn't going to solve the issues at all. Would trading Virtanen and/or Gaudette bring back a player that will automatically change the course of the team presently? Personally, I don't think so. They don't have enough value trade-wise to bring back an impactful player who would reinvigorate the team. So then, what would the point be in trading said players, at this point in a pandemic shortened season?