The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Predators interested in Adam Gaudette

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The defense is actually pretty good, from a paper/personnel standpoint. It's just shambolic from an on ice perspective. 

100% agree.  No way we should be this bad defensively.  I believe it is much more a structure/game plan issue than a personnel issue.  Anything less than 6-7 wins in our next 10 an we will have a new coaching staff.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, coryberg said:

And Edmonton let him walk, if jimbo wanted him he could have had him for free in October. Not realistic at all.

I'm assuming that Matt Benning as a depth guy jumped on that contract as soon as Nashville offered it to him. 

Jim can't go out and sign his nephew for extra dollars. Also he probably valued Hamonic higher but now he's 

on IR since a month. Maybe Matt Benning also valued the Predators over the Cancucks but now especially

with the quarantine, he might prefer to play in Canada and see some family..

Just now, BCNate said:

100% agree.  No way we should be this bad defensively.  I believe it is much more a structure/game plan issue than a personnel issue.  Anything less than 6-7 wins in our next 10 an we will have a new coaching staff.

I think everyone will stay until the end of the season, purely due to the time it would take to get a new coaching staff through quarantine, which would leave the team without coaches for at least two weeks. 

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

You know the board has it bad against Benning when he gets flamed for being a GM. If he does nothing, he's an idiot. If he does something, he's "desperate", even if they're just rumours.

Yet Green is not questioned...

Well aside from being absolutely not true... good point.

You can’t go very far on this Board without seeing people calling for Green to be fired and that he is a terrible coach.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Part of me wonders if we could use Gaudette to move out some money for next season. Would Nashville be interested in taking on a Antoine Roussel or a Jay Beagle?

I feel I'm leaning towards to using VIrtanen and Gaudette to move out some bad contracts rather than using them to get another asset.

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think everyone will stay until the end of the season, purely due to the time it would take to get a new coaching staff through quarantine, which would leave the team without coaches for at least two weeks. 

Isn't Gallant Canadian?  Not sure that he lives up here though.  

Just now, BCNate said:

Isn't Gallant Canadian?  Not sure that he lives up here though.  

Not sure. And don't know where he lives. All the same, all new members of the staff would still have to quarantine, I believe. Can't see it happening from a logistical standpoint. 

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nolan Baumgartner was a terrible defenceman in his NHL days.  Not sure why he was chosen to lead our group.  We'd be better off with Benning coaching the defense.  

To be fair you don’t have to be a good player to be a good coach. But that’s all that guy gets from me 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1