The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

21 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Just work hard boys.

Lets go Canucks !!

As this all I can ask and hopefully somebody reminded Myers to take some brain food cause he was a tire fire last; I wonder whose turn it is for this game - Benn (?) - or better yet hope he sits for a game.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Yup they are totally not tanking...they are not getting the bounces thats for sure....they are not scoring thats for certain.....Defense and D coverage is still average.....Sad for Hoggie that his debut this season is going to be so crappy....and a puck to the face to show for it... the misery will continue until we play ottawa again...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

As this all I can ask and hopefully somebody reminded Myers to take some brain food cause he was a tire fire last; I wonder whose turn it is for this game - Benn (?) - or better yet hope he sits for a game.  

i still think Benn and Hughes are not a good pairing, in fact change all the pairings, keeping them the same has not helped

5 minutes ago, bree2 said:

i still think Benn and Hughes are not a good pairing, in fact change all the pairings, keeping them the same has not helped

Very good point but the coaches seems to have made up there mind based (on better information ?).   Benn seems jittery/nervous when he is out there with Hughes (probably due to Hughes unpredictability) but I do like his effort.  Preferably, I would like to see more of the other rookies since he should be walking after this season - imo...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, bree2 said:

Hughes 17 points Boeser 16 points,  Horvat and Miller need to get going for sure!

For all the draft geeks:  Rangers first OA pick (Lafreniere) has the same amount of points as OJ & Rafferty with far less games - another Alexander Daigle ?  

Also, Kakko last years second overall pick by the Rangers is turning out to be another steal; couldnt happen to a better team (they stole the 94 finals from us).  

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Show some (expletive deleted)ing fight sometime soon. Stand up for each other. And the vets, for Gord’s sake, show up, besides Edler. Eagle is the man. 

Watching Boston and New York.  Hits, fights and other nastiness.  The polar opposite of the lovefest we had with calgary...and every other  team. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Watching Boston and New York.  Hits, fights and other nastiness.  The polar opposite of the lovefest we had with calgary...and every other  team. 

I’m tired of the way the Canucks play. They need a seismic change in their approach. Sure utilize the skill and speed to their advantage, but throw the body and make it count. Be a team instead of a bunch of players pretending to be one. 

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’m tired of the way the Canucks play. They need a seismic change in their approach. Sure utilize the skill and speed to their advantage, but throw the body and make it count. Be a team instead of a bunch of players pretending to be one. 

Hard to be a team or be an engaged team if the coaches have a tendency of shortening the bench

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1