The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I think they're off the hook.  It is sad that this many years later and with a GM that acknowledged the team needed to be tougher, we have a group that likely are actually playing softer. Not exactly the identity we were told we would be getting. 

Well said. So tired of not having enough push back and prickly on the team. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, gregthehockeynut said:

Too bad Motte is hurt we need him on the pk. I wish the organization would groom the Utica players coming up

to be able to play in all situations. It seems like guys get pigeonholed as pp/shooters/playmakers/grinders or pk and most

are not versatile enough to fill in at different roles.

Utica can keep sending players but it still up to the coaching staff if any of them actually see's the ice....

• Cheers 1

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Preferably, the first move here should be to hire a team president that can work with JB...

Firing Jim isn't my preference. Seems to be a lot of discussion about him removal tho according to sources close to aqua.

37 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Firing Jim isn't my preference. Seems to be a lot of discussion about him removal tho according to sources close to aqua.

If a fall guy is needed, I would rather prefer they start at the coaching staff...  Preferably, hire a team president first before doing any firing.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I think they're off the hook.  It is sad that this many years later and with a GM that acknowledged the team needed to be tougher, we have a group that likely are actually playing softer. Not exactly the identity we were told we would be getting. 

Sadly I think all our toughness hopes were on Ferland's shoulders. Also I really feel hitting is being coached out of the team. At least feels that way. Or at least isn't being emphasized nearly enough. Flybys left and right. Lucic slams Bailey into the boards from behind. NOTHING. Goof is even looking around for retaliation and nothing came from it. Only one really throwing hits is Motte, but at his size they're glorified bumps tbh.

• Cheers 1