The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tories Motion to Declare China's Action Against Uighurs as Genocide Passes 266-0, 72 Abstained (Cowards)

7 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

Part of the problem, you are.

if we're pointing fingers, I'd suggest its you. If you are so unengaged that you paint every person in politics as bad, then you just don't care enough to look. 

There are excellent people in all of our political parties. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

if we're pointing fingers, I'd suggest its you. If you are so unengaged that you paint every person in politics as bad, then you just don't care enough to look. 

There are excellent people in all of our political parties. 

There aren't. They let you down at every opportunity they can. Some don't get caught. One side points fingers at the other side and vice versa. 

There should have been multiple revolutions, but people don't care. Death by a thousand cuts. Politicians are disgusting, every single one of them. 

Not directly related to this topic but about dealing with trade, sanctions, etc. with China.

US and allies to build 'China-free' tech supply chain 

Exclusive: Biden to sign presidential order to bolster chip, battery and rare-earth industries

https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/International-relations/US-and-allies-to-build-China-free-tech-supply-chain

1 minute ago, GetFocht said:

There aren't. They let you down at every opportunity they can. Some don't get caught. One side points fingers at the other side and vice versa. 

There should have been multiple revolutions, but people don't care. Death by a thousand cuts. Politicians are disgusting, every single one of them. 

this is an unjustifiable opinion. And completely ignoring the Canadian quality of life. 

Just now, 4petesake said:

Not directly related to this topic but about dealing with trade, sanctions, etc. with China.

Exclusive: Biden to sign presidential order to bolster chip, battery and rare-earth industries

https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/International-relations/US-and-allies-to-build-China-free-tech-supply-chain

this makes me so very happy. Canada can be a huge part of this. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

this is an unjustifiable opinion. And completely ignoring the Canadian quality of life. 

Not ignoring anything. Canadians quality of life is based in Canadians, not the politicians who leech off them. 

Look no further than Trudeau's family enrichment, Politicians traveling during a pandemic and on and on. Every party, every time. 

We make this country what it is, not politicians. 

13 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Isn't this the direction Trump was taking? 

17 hours ago, GetFocht said:

All politicians are slimy and gross and if you disagree you are likely a politician. 

All people who make statements that condemn people who disagree with them also are generally politicians. Just saying. ;)

(of course take my sentence as seriously as I take yours)

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, The Lock said:

All people who make statements that condemn people who disagree with them also are generally politicians. Just saying. ;)

(of course take my sentence as seriously as I take yours)

Done.

19 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

Not ignoring anything. Canadians quality of life is based in Canadians, not the politicians who leech off them. 

Look no further than Trudeau's family enrichment, Politicians traveling during a pandemic and on and on. Every party, every time. 

We make this country what it is, not politicians. 

fake lines, my friend. We get the politics and systems we deserve by our involvement level. People were more engaged in real issues prior to social media. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Hydration 2
1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

fake lines, my friend. We get the politics and systems we deserve by our involvement level. People were more engaged in real issues prior to social media. 

Exactly this. If everyone was more involved and caring of our politicians, politicians would in turn care more about us. What we put in is what we get out of it.

• Hydration 2
9 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Exactly this. If everyone was more involved and caring of our politicians, politicians would in turn care more about us. What we put in is what we get out of it.

if anyone doubts the power of this, go look at how Trump won the republican nomination. 

• Hydration 1
34 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Good idea but you can be certain it will favor the USA. Case in point the Canadian oil industry. Canadian oil sand production is arguably one of the cleanest processes in the world for heavy oil. Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Mexico, Venezula and yes California all produce dirtier versions. Canada should be producing 6 million boe per day. Because Canada does not have access to coastal egress the country is held hostage to USA oil interests. Trans Mtn and Northern Gateway were a solution that have been sabotaged for years. Canada could have used the proceeds from a growing oil production to pay for the transfer to alternatives. Could have used the revenue to diversify the Canadian economy in a significant way. 

How do you play hardball with the Americans and Chinese when you are bankrupt? This is how these 2 countries want to keep it. It is a national security issue which no political party in Canada is addressing. Better to spend time on an archaic idea like the Governor General or whether Justin needs a shave???

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if anyone doubts the power of this, go look at how Trump won the republican nomination. 

Even look at this forum and how many people still believe Trump's statements.

• Hydration 1
27 minutes ago, The Lock said:

So you believe our currently elected officials care what you/we think and want and have our best interests at heart? 

10 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

So you believe our currently elected officials care what you/we think and want and have our best interests at heart? 

Not all, because too many people don't care about politics. That's my point. If you want things to change you have to make people care enough to make that change. Just complaining about it does nothing.

It's funny really, because your question is almost the opposite of what I think and what I said. My statement was saying how to actually fix it.

Edited by The Lock
3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Not all, because too many people don't care about politics. That's my point. If you want things to change you have to make people care enough to make that change. Just complaining about it does nothing.

If too many people don't care, that should tell you it isn't working. 

Change is made via voting, because everytime someone is elected, the other half complains. 

Reason: Politicians are gross and the majority agree with me. 

1 minute ago, GetFocht said:

If too many people don't care, that should tell you it isn't working. 

Change is made via voting, because everytime someone is elected, the other half complains. 

Reason: Politicians are gross and the majority agree with me. 

I'd argue it's not via voting. Why? Because most people who vote don't educate themselves on their options. They just vote for who they've voted for "the past 20, 30, 50 years". 

Edited by The Lock