The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Smythe and the Leafs were the reason we did not get a 1967 expansion franchise.

Rejecting the Labatt deal was the 2nd strike but led to the NHL conceding us a franchise for 1970.

And, no I couldn't imagine the Vancouver Seals and their white skates. LOL

Well the team wouldn't have been owned by Charlie O. Finley, owner of the Oakland A's, so don't think white skates would be something Labatt's would have cared for. :)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Idk if the Flames losing is good or not. EDM up 6 points with 2 game in hand. 

Gunna need a heater to climb back into this thing, this was a good start.

It just needed to not be a 3 point game. I think we are back in this thing if we take 2 wins from Montreal but we’ll see. 

• Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Would love to see it tried.  Petey is developing into an excellent centre, but 649 just feels too soft and at times looks disastrous 5 on 5.  

Petterrson - Horvat - Virtanen

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Pearson - Sutter - Gaudette

Motte - Beagle- Mackewan

This setup looks way deeper.

Just looks more balanced. Much better if it works.

Rooster on the 4th as well till Motte gets back. Him and Mac agitating. Some offence there as well.

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

Hamonics been really good since coming back.  Think his precense is underrated. He wont light it up but the guy is a warrior with solid set of hands and strong skating.  Probably the best alternative to Tanev we could have got.

Having been a fan of Schmidt since the beginning of the year, but hes played a lot better past 4 or 5 games.  Hes not pinching recklessly and seems more dialed in on the defensive end.  Still not worth 6 mill, but hes a top 4.

Is he worth $4 million? Because $6 million in Vancouver is like $4 million in Vegas, Carolina or Tampa.

5 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

After watching a bunch of Nucks jump ship to Cowtown. I’m ok with them losing regardless of the point situation 

Imagine this scenario. Montreal and Calgary out, Canucks somehow manage to sneak in.

The teams that stole our players and also the teams that fired their coaches. Imagine the narrative if that happened 

Edited by Devron44
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

I think this is the plan, and why we're not seeing much of OJ. I think they recognize they have an NHL caliber defenseman, but if he doesn't get the games, I don't think they have to protect him.

Number of games played has nothing to do with whether or not a player is exempt from the expansion draft. The only exemptions are players with less than 3 years pro experience. Number of games played is only to meet minimum availability requirements for the draft

* All first- and second-year NHL players, and all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward protection limits.

In addition, all NHL teams must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the draft:

* One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

* Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

The only signed Canucks that are exempt from the draft are listed below.

EXEMPT AGE POS CAP HIT EXPIRY
Höglander, Nils 20 LW $891,667 RFA (2023)
Lockwood, William 22 RW $842,500 RFA (2022)
Focht, Carson 21 C $821,667 RFA (2023)
Michaelis, Marc 25 LW $700,000 RFA (2021)
Rathbone, Jack 21 LD $925,000 RFA (2022)
Hughes, Quinn 21 LD $916,667 RFA (2021)
Woo, Jett 20 RD $860,833 RFA (2023)
Eliot, Mitch 23 RD $822,500 RFA (2021)
Tryamkin, Nikita 26 LD $0 RFA (2017)
DiPietro, Michael 21 G $811,667 RFA (2022)
Silovs, Arturs 19 G $788,889 RFA (2023)
Kielly, Jake 24 G $700,000 RFA (2021)

13 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

After watching a bunch of Nucks jump ship to Cowtown. I’m ok with them losing regardless of the point situation 

Good point.

12 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

It just needed to not be a 3 point game. I think we are back in this thing if we take 2 wins from Montreal but we’ll see. 

Also good point. 2 wins for us & 2 losses for MTL/WPG/EDM and suddenly this thing is getting closer.

I don't know if we'll be able to do it, but it would be nice to get back into this thing so its not a total death march. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Good point.

Also good point. 2 wins for us & 2 losses for MTL/WPG/EDM and suddenly this thing is getting closer.

I don't know if we'll be able to do it, but it would be nice to get back into this thing so its not a total death march. 

Yep cheer till the end my friend. I won’t be on the tank crew I can tell you that 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2