The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

I hate that Petey's being used as the brunt of these jokes.

Same people who wanted Vilardi/Glass coming back to seek their revenge.

I miss Petey.   Anyone undermining the asset he is really would be sorry to see him go elsewhere over time.  Guarantee it.

If you think that's undermining, you've never played with sweaty, wet hockey gloves

I thought Sutter had yet another "foundational" game last night.

10 dzone starts, 1 ozone, 9.1%, 40% corsi, even 0.

Was the only center near 50% in the faceoff circle (46% - while Horvat, Miller and Gaudette really struggled).

When you can get an even 0 out of your dedicated shutdown line - particularly against a team that has scored in bunches against us -  it's a 'win' imo.

I thought Myers, Edler, Schmidt, Motte, Virtanen and Hawryluk  - also had solid games limiting the Habs.

Hughes pairing had a rough night - but managed to survive...

Hughes has 81% ozone starts...(9/2).

39.5% corsi (15 shot attempts for, 23 against)....

Credit to Montreal though - when your top pairings have a Weber and Petry on them....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

2 rookies on the top line with Petey who doesn't have mature size yet might be dangerous. 

I love the idea but I would tweak a bit.

Hog Bo Boes 

Pearson Petey Podz

Vesey Miller Jake

Motte Beagle Sutter

The way Miller's playing he shouldn't be the guy dropped to 3rd with plugs.

Hog Bo Boes

Pete Miller Pod

Pears Gaud Jake/Ves

Motte Sutter Jake/Ves

Cup

• Vintage 1

Let’s go Holtby! Good for the guy to get some action before the break. Might have gone with Demko but I get it! For the people saying they aren’t watching please don’t be a hypocrite and watch the game 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Jetliner said:

Right call by Green to start Holtby

If we can't win with an average goalie in net, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs

Hmmm....93 Roy says hello.  Average (being generous) team - stellar, clutch goaltending. 

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Let’s go Holtby! Good for the guy to get some action before the break. Might have gone with Demko but I get it! For the people saying they aren’t watching please don’t be a hypocrite and watch the game 

Holtby can win games all by himself.   Demko has set the bar pretty high, you can bet Braden will come in tonight with some fire in his belly and ready to go. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Jetliner said:

Right call by Green to start Holtby

If we can't win with an average goalie in net, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs

agree, depending on markstrom and demko to save the day everynight, than something is wrong, its awesome to have a hot goalie, but our team def needs to improve to have any chance to go anywere in the playoffs.

i personaly dont feel our team is ready for the playoffs, but thats just my opinion ....if it werent for demko, we wouldnt be talking about playoffs

• Cheers 1

Just now, oldnews said:

cool.

c ya.

crickets from your crew...what a shame.

Aren't you the guy that was talking about the Leafs all throughout the GDT while a Canucks game was going on?

Makes you wonder...

3 hours ago, Googlie said:

And in the short term Graovac is available, in the taxi squad.  I can't find the reference but I remember after 6 Moose games he was something like 21 for 27 in the dot

Oh maybe Gauder heard footsteps; competition is always good. Vesey came in and snatched a spot, if you can't play we'll find someone who can. Graovac too, who's tough and good in face offs. I'm glad JB is bringing in new guys and taking Greens Louie and Michaelis away from him. Now we need more OJ.

Is a OJ sitting to avoid The ED?

Edited by Hairy Kneel

1 hour ago, stawns said:

It is, no doubt, but it's certainly a very real possibility that if he's playing C, it's as 2C.

for sure. I don't really care about 1/2/3 C labels, just 3 lines that are responsible and always a scoring threat. Depending on the matchups of any particular night, you might see different "1C" lines, e.g. if Bo matches up better against McDiver, or Petey has someones number on another night. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Aren't you the guy that was talking about the Leafs all throughout the GDT while a Canucks game was going on?

Makes you wonder...

Anyone who's paying attention to what is going on the GDT with the exception of between periods makes me wonder if they are even watching the game - so good point, but ohh the irony ...irony GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Oh maybe Gauder heard footsteps; competition is always good. Same with Vesey coming in and snatching a spot, if you can't play we'll find someone who can. Graovac too, who's tough and good in face offs. I'm glad JB is bringing in new guys and taking Greens Louie and Michaelis away from him. Now we need more OJ. Is a OJ sitting to avoid The ED?

Apparently OJ needs to be protected no matter how many games. I’m to the point where I’m like whatever. He’s the first to slot in when an injury happens and we are winning right now. Love me some OJ eventually though. Kids gonna be good I think 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Apparently OJ needs to be protected no matter how many games. I’m to the point where I’m like whatever. He’s the first to slot in when an injury happens and we are winning right now. Love me some OJ eventually though. Kids gonna be good I think 

I wish we could se OJ in too, but lets enjoy the winning ride while it lasts. I think he's shown a lot in the games so far, he's going to earn a top 6spot on here next season for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1