The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | March 20, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

the oilers winning in regulation is the second worst outcome for our playoff chances. really need winnipeg to win

Not necessarily as we have 2 games against Winnipeg coming up. Beating them twice changes that if the Oilers win 

I don’t see this happening any time soon as they still have a 9:30 curfew but it’s encouraging to hear that it’s being discussed. I wonder if similar talks are going on here. I’m not suggesting it should happen yet.

l_0QHONF_x96.jpg

The and the Quebec Public Health are in talks to bring back fans in the stands at Bell Center. A plan was sent by the team earlier this week. Part of the plan is to have between 2000 and 4000 fans every game. Obviously the Québec Government has the last say in this.

52 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Gaudette isn’t a 4th liner or a centre so he’d have to get on that 3rd line which means taking out Vesey or Virtanen. At this point I’d take Virtanen and Vesey over Gaudette.  I’d also take Vesey over Roussel.  Hawryluk has played his way into the lineup and provides more on the 4th line than MacEwen.  We need to give Vesey a few games as I think he has the potential to be a good 3rd line player for us.

With everyone healthy we actually have good depth now.  We can fill a 5th line with Roussel, Gaudette and MacEwen.  This puts Eriksson permanently on the taxi squad where he belongs. You need depth to make the playoffs and do something once you get there.  With Juolevi we also have a guy who can step in right away on D as well. 

Jake isn't coming out.  Hes playing well.. last ten games hes constantly moving, banging and making good things happen in the ozone.  

Vesey comes out.  Leave Gauds on the wing..  i cant stomach him getting owned at centre anymore.

29 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I think the Habs are probably as well positioned to succeed down the stretch as any team.  For me, in spite of what they've done head to head vs the Canucks, otherwise, they might be the team that needs to step it up the most - they otherwise are probably underachieving to some extent - although they do have a weakness - and that is young centers - not the easiest to compensate for in a division with guys like Draivid and the lottery wankers in Toronto.

It's hard to beat a Carey Price - with a Shea Weber and Petry in front of him - with guys like Edmundson and Chiarot rounding out that top 4.  That is solid - and built from the back forward - as playoff type teams 'should' be imo.    They have some pretty good balance in that forward group as well. 

Pretty much could be said for us

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Montreals a pretty solidly built team.  If kotkianemi, suzuki and Romanov keep developing they wikl be a beast of a team next year.

Yes they played well but I think we are better if healthy and figure out how to play in our own zone.

If we lose these next few. I think this break might be a good time to make some changes. Maybe we can make some room for some prospects to get them some NHL time to see exactly what we have moving forward. I’m not giving up on the season but when you start looking at the big picture, next season is becoming more of a priority then this one. 

46 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

the oilers winning in regulation is the second worst outcome for our playoff chances. really need winnipeg to win

We ain’t catching Edmonton with the way McDavid is playing. their overall team game isn’t as poor as it has been in the past either. 

it’s Montreal that we need to catch. Losing to Montreal tonight made things difficult but i think there is a good chance Montreal is going on a skid. 

Good point being made on Sportsnet 650.  Demko is significantly taller & bigger than Holtby. Even if you assume that their skill level is equal, when they are down or on their pads in the crease, a puck might be going past Holtby that instead would be hitting Demko directly in the arm or the chest, merely due to that height & size differential. Same thing in getting looks around or above players & fighting for vision, etc. 

Can’t teach size. Play Demko more & most. 

Edited by viking mama