The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDSF: (2) Florida Panthers vs (3) Tampa Bay Lightning | Lightning win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/2021 at 12:00 AM

The last 2 games they played against each other were penalty-filled, with Florida dominating. But gotta think Tampa were just resting and waiting, they will be a different team in the playoffs. Bolts in 6.

How 'lucky' on the timing of them returning. :picard:

If this isn't cap circumvention but somehow signing a contract that completely complies with all CBA rules at the time of signing is, then I've lost all faith in the League Office and it just shows complete bias.

Edited by 204CanucksFan
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

How 'lucky' on the timing of them returning. :picard:

If this isn't cap circumvention but somehow signing a contract that completely complies with all CBA rules at the time of signing is, then I've lost all faith in the League Office and it just shows complete bias.

Up to the Governors to petition the league.

My guess is they do nothing though. They all want to be able to take advantage of this loophole.

Problem is the Canucks aren’t part of the insiders club and I have no doubt that other GMs wanted to take them down a peg for being too good at the time.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Up to the Governors to petition the league.

My guess is they do nothing though. They all want to be able to take advantage of this loophole.

Problem is the Canucks aren’t part of the insiders club and I have no doubt that other GMs wanted to take them down a peg for being too good at the time.

I'm all for exploiting loopholes but what TB did this year was just so blatant in terms of circumvention. I mean, they had nowhere near enough cap space to sign any of Sergachev, Cirreli or Cernak to extentions, they had no way out of there problem as no one wanted to do them the favor of taking Johnson or Palat and then, magically, Kucherov has to go for surgery that will keep him out all season but somehow, perfectly, he is ready to go for game 1 of the playoffs when there is no cap

Edited by 204CanucksFan
Spelling
  • Cheers 1

Just now, 204CanucksFan said:

I'm all for exploiting loopholes but what TB this year was just so blatant in terms of circumvention. I mean, they had nowhere near enough cap space to sign any of Sergachev, Cirreli or Cernak to extentions, they had no way out of there problem as no one wanted to do them the favor of taking Johnson or Palat and then, magically, Kucherov has to go for surgery that will keep him out all season but somehow, perfectly, he is ready to go for game 1 of the playoffs when there is cap

Hopefully karma comes back to bite them and they lose both to injury in game 1.

• Haha 2

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to CDSF: (2) Florida Panthers vs (3) Tampa Bay Lightning | Series tied 0-0
On 5/13/2021 at 10:30 PM, Beary Sweet said:

Cats in 7. This will be an exciting series. Both teams with a deadly offence. I feel the Cats have the edge though as Huberdeau and Barkov are just too good

Started really following the cats this season. Best unis in the league, lots of young exciting stars and Roberto. What's not to love? Plus really impressed with Zito. Not a Benning hater at all but man Zito has knocked it out of the rink.