The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 10, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

the lack of puck possession.  dump and chase with a passive forecheck  and no puck support for our defense and multiple odd man rushes every game  

Yeah, your thoughts on coaching are moot at best then. 

Edited by canuck73_3

17 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I love Hughes but I predict with our next coaching staff next season that Rathbone will be our pp unit 1 qb next season

Rathbone has a hard shot, something we are sorely missing and without it the pp kill setup cheats to the wings and takes away their shooting lanes. Pp kill has to respect a point shot option 

watch for it next season 

If that seriously were to happen (but it won't) you would trade Huggy in a heartbeat. His value to the team would plummet. 

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I love Hughes but I predict with our next coaching staff next season that Rathbone will be our pp unit 1 qb next season

Rathbone has a hard shot, something we are sorely missing and without it the pp kill setup cheats to the wings and takes away their shooting lanes. Pp kill has to respect a point shot option 

watch for it next season 

If that happen we are laughing. 2 offensive dman. Couple 2 way guys and a couple shutdown guys. That would be quite the set-up

• Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'm not sure about the specifics, but he has an upper-body injury.

Its so odd, as much crap Sutter gets from the media and fanbase, when he is out, his lack of presence is really felt on the ice.

Almost like Sami Salo esque, you know how important he is and you still criticize him here and there, but once he isn't part of the lineup you see a glaring hole because he brings a lot to the table.

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

If that seriously were to happen (but it won't) you would trade Huggy in a heartbeat. His value to the team would plummet. 

I don’t think it happens either. But 2 Offensive Dman would be huge. Look at the Avs 

Rathbone, Hoglander, Demko were great that period.  

I've said this before, but Matthew Highmore is looking like Motte 2.0 out there (minus the big hits that Motte throws).