The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 15, 12:30 p.m. l SNP | PLAYOFFS EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

And Colorado spent nearly a decade at the bottom of the league, your point? 

And now they have something to show for it, and we have what??? Can you not see the difference? Go look at the standings or playoff schedule.

awful 

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Giving them minutes is giving them opportunity.

You’re assuming they wouldn’t succeed. Maybe they would. And even if they don’t maybe it helps them learn what they need to work on in the summer.

Giving them high minutes will not hurt their development, quite the opposite.

Your giving them minutes is to lose on purpose, which is LITERALLY the opposite if putting them in a position to succeed. I don't get why you’re not comprehending this. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Playing over their head to lose that @DeNiro is suggesting =/= “quality minutes” swing and a miss. Again, context matters. 

How do we know its over their heads? Wont know until we see what they do with it.

Wins or losses are irrelevant at this point. Playing young kids a lot doesnt guarantee losses. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Dude you are off the rails.

No one is saying bad odds are just fantastic!

Yay 12th overall.

YOU CAN'T EXPECT PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE'S TO STOP TRYING TO WIN. 

That's why they are professional athletes. 

Why is this so hard for you to understand? 

Do you see people planning a parade? Throwing parties? No. 

It is what it is. Deal with it. You don't have to like it, but don't blame the players because they want to win. 

I'm pretty shocked DeNiro usually you are one of the voices of reason on here. 

So since you can’t or choose not to understand what I’m saying this will be my last response.

It has nothing to do with telling anyone anything. It has to do with what personnel you put in what position.

For example, putting Demko in for any of the last three games will hurt our chances of losing. Putting Silovs in would help them.

Simple concept that many teams use to end the season and help their draft position.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Conscience said:

And now they have something to show for it, and we have what??? Can you not see the difference? Go look at the standings or playoff schedule.

awful 

We haven't been rebuilding as long as Colorado. Different circumstances stalled our rebuild start. We were never in position to go scorched earth rebuild. 

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Overworked, and over played? 

And undercoached. I get they dont want to limit his offensive creativity and rightfully so. But he is very predictable now and he needs to work on his shot big time if he is going to have long term success in that role on the PP.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

So since you can’t or choose not to understand what I’m saying this will be my last response.

It has nothing to do with telling anyone anything. It has to do with what personnel you put in what position.

For example, putting Demko in for any of the last three games will hurt our chances of losing. Putting Silovs in would help them.

Simple concept that many teams use to end the season and help their draft position.

Ie putting in a position to fail since the end game is lose. Check and mate. 

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

How do we know its over their heads? Wont know until we see what they do with it.

Wins or losses are irrelevant at this point. Playing young kids a lot doesnt guarantee losses. 

Exactly!

Talk about a swing and a miss. I can’t believe I’m even having to argue to play rookies more minutes at this point.

Some Canucks fans really do love their moral victories.

• Sad 2
  • RoughGame 1

31 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Problem is we’re not gonna win the lottery, so we want to stay where we are so that we don’t fall farther back.

The top 5 give you way better odds than 6-12. Look at any draft and you’ll see that. Every fan should be hoping for those better odds because they do make a difference.

Generally I would agree, but this year is an anomaly. I have a feeling that we’re gonna see top guys not going at the top of the draft just because there wasn’t a large body of work for scouts to work with this year. It would be nice to have a top 5 pick, but I can’t ever bring myself to be upset when the boys win. Either way I feel we’re gonna end up with a good piece at the draft. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

What you and @DeNiro are saying is completely different though. He is literally advocating the short term goal of losing. 

While you and I don’t see eye to eye on everything we both have our eyes on the long term gain and the team moving up for the better. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

We haven't been rebuilding as long as Colorado. Different circumstances stalled our rebuild start. We were never in position to go scorched earth rebuild. 

We traded picks and signed over priced vets, we never came anywhere close to a rebuild of any kind.

Do you think in 2 years we will be top of the league?