The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 15, 12:30 p.m. l SNP | PLAYOFFS EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

17 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He allowed 3 Edmonton wins. 

Exactly. That is why the whole “Bettman will never let us win the lottery” is the one of the weaker takes out there. So whiny. Sort of like the constant bitching about the refs.

It all boils down to bad luck…or as I prefer to call it, “Canuck Luck”. Considering how we tend to drop in the lottery, I feel blessed we snagged both EP and Huggy.

We will likely win at least one against the Flames….though two wouldn’t shock either. 

• Cheers 1

Didn't watch the game but  basically two of the players that got a point are probably making an effort so they can get a contract next season.  And the other that scored (Highmore) wouldn't be in this team if Benning didn't trade for him.

Lol Canucks can't even tank right 

1 minute ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

Generally I would agree, but this year is an anomaly. I have a feeling that we’re gonna see top guys not going at the top of the draft just because there wasn’t a large body of work for scouts to work with this year. It would be nice to have a top 5 pick, but I can’t ever bring myself to be upset when the boys win. Either way I feel we’re gonna end up with a good piece at the draft. 

We likely will yes.

However the higher you pick the more chance you have of catching one of those good players that slip.

There will be a stud there at 9 or 10 but at the same time we may miss out on a player we really want at 5, 6, 7.

The better the pick the more options is all I’m saying. In mean nothing games I’d rather lose for the chance that it gets us that one extra option.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

What you and @DeNiro are saying is completely different though. He is literally advocating the short term goal of losing. 

While you and I don’t see eye to eye on everything we both have our eyes on the long term gain and the team moving up for the better. 

Ya, I dont think the team should be trying to lose.

I just wish for once they would swing for the fences with the young guys at the end of a wasted season. Give them the reigns a bit. Pearson could sit the rest of the games and I wouldnt think twice. We know what we are going to get with him in the top 6. 

Truly improving teams dont fear young guys coming in and beating out veterans for prime roles. The Canucks do and have for a very long time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Conscience said:

We traded picks and signed over priced vets, we never came anywhere close to a rebuild of any kind.

Do you think in 2 years we will be top of the league?

As I said we never were able to go scorched earth full rebuild comparing our rebuild to theirs is apples to oranges at best. We had to take a different route entirely due to vastly different circumstances. 

I don’t get why so many of you dwell on the past that cannot be changed. 

• Like 2

Hoglander was given a shot in training camp (probably mostly due to teying to distract from losing Toffoli tbh). But he took it and ran with it. Love how that kid plays. He oozes confidence too because he was given a real shot and when he showed he deserved to stay there he stayed there. 

Maybe one of these other young guys can catch that lightning in a bottle. At the very least lets see.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Conscience said:

We traded picks and signed over priced vets, we never came anywhere close to a rebuild of any kind.

Do you think in 2 years we will be top of the league?

Yes I do

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Seriously WHERE IS LAST YEARS QUINN HUGHES??? Our pp is soooo bad now wat the hell is going on??

Defensively it's been a tough year for him.  Hopefully recharges over the Summer and has a better year next season.  He's definitely needs to be a  major factor for this team to have success.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

As I said we never were able to go scorched earth full rebuild comparing our rebuild to theirs is apples to oranges at best. We had to take a different route entirely due to vastly different circumstances. 

I don’t get why so many of you dwell on the past that cannot be changed. 

The past is a strong predictor of the future, especially when it comes to fundamental thought processes, evaluation ability, and biases of a GM.

Its fair to have concerns Benning has not learned from his mistakes since he doesnt seem to think anything he has done is a mistake. Neither do his supporters though.

• Upvote 1

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

Hoglander was given a shot in training camp (probably mostly due to teying to distract from losing Toffoli tbh). But he took it and ran with it. Love how that kid plays. He oozes confidence too because he was given a real shot and when he showed he deserved to stay there he stayed there. 

Maybe one of these other young guys can catch that lightning in a bottle. At the very least lets see.

And despite all the criticism Green gets, Hoglander has made a bunch of mistakes and still Green gets him out there, same with Hughes.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1