The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Media Availability with GM JB and Head Coach Green (& Follow Up With JB on 650)

Rate this topic

-DLC-

6 minutes ago, xereau said:

This decision is beyond foolish. Green will not change his defensive zone systems, and this team will continue to give up 45 shots a night.

I'm hanging 'em up as a fan of this franchise.

lol, its not only our defense why we give up so many shots its also not having 3 scoring lines, and we be slow.

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Exactly.  The JB & TG Homers that complain about us complainers - should thank us.   It's because of fans like you, me and thousands of others that are unimpressed with the past 7 years of failure - that we're getting these revised promises today to make major changes.   

so the grand sum of your influence on Jim is Jim not changing anything? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

Remember when everyone use to make fun of The Cap floor rebuild bros by using Edmonton as a deterrent. Now they have the best hockey player the world has ever seen and literally can’t go without winning a Stanley cup in his presence at some point. Now it’s Buffalo. Pffft, you want cap space and be Buffalo?

what is also great about all this is they act like we’ve accomplished more than Buffalo has the last 7 seasons lol. Like we are superior to them with our 17th place finish last year. 

The cap floor rebuild bros want more. I seriously have the patience to suck for 10 more years if we end up with a McDavid. I don’t think we have the core to compete with the best. We need more cellar time. Jim Benning is going for it this summer which is going to be a good thing cause it will most likely end in disaster and a new GM sooner. 

That was a very convincing argument, John. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

it's actually 24.8 assuming only players from the BOT6 motte and highmore  are starting in the 23. Gadj and Lind will  have to play their way onto the team.

virtanen bought out beagle LTIRetired

Cap friendly has us at 14.9.   Anyone that needs replacing needs to counted too.   Plus raises.   

6 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Pleasure knowing ya, hope you enjoy the new team you pick to support.

It is a genuine concern. Nobody likes getting dominated all game, not only is it boring and frustrating to watch, but you can't consistently win that way. Who was the last Cup champion who got dominated like this and still won? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

We wanted to Hear the steps towards becoming a contender . We got once you get into The playoffs anything can happen . Nothing will change with this regime, just making the playoffs is the end game for ownership it seems . 

wait till we make the playoffs, then ask that question.

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Cap friendly has us at 14.9.   Anyone that needs replacing needs to counted too.   Plus raises.   

with buyouts we can create between 4 and 5.8 mil depending on how much you want to eat in Year 2 after the buyout when the Lu re-crapture is over. 

Rous can be put in Abby and that buried cost can cover Podkolzin. 

Whatever is left after Petey and Hughes goes to Hamonic. 

Anything else we'll need a trade. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

I thought he made it clear they are going to push hard to improve the team around the core. Which I agree with, and was saying after the bubble last year.

Pettersson, & Hughes are great players right now, still improving, but capable top line players. Boeser is a top line player, Horvat is in his prime, same with Miller. Demko is a great goalie & entering his prime.

The pieces are there, as a core group they are ready to compete. Now they just need to be supported well enough to be a playoff team & grow from there.

IMO Jim & Travis clearly showed a commitment to making that happen and I appreciate that. 

Now we'll see if they can execute that. The execution has been a mixed bag.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Exactly.  The JB & TG Homers that complain about us complainers - should thank us.   It's because of fans like you, me and thousands of others that are unimpressed with the past 7 years of failure - that we're getting these revised promises today to make major changes.   

Imagine the headspace of someone that thinks being an internet whiner should have people thanking you. Boggles ones mind.

Edited by shayster007
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

...Edmonton as a deterrent. Now they have the best hockey player the world has ever seen and literally can’t go without winning a Stanley cup in his presence at some point. 

I wouldn’t be so sure about this C.J.  Another early playoff exit or two and he may well be wanting out...

Edmonton fans have been worried about this for a while now.

2 minutes ago, tas said:

here's hoping, right? but worst case scenario, the canucks still have a large degree of control over their cap situation.

I'm not right - I have no idea what LE will do.  If I were betting I doubt he'll walk away - that would be good fortune after a cap stall and Luongo recrap.  Can't expect any reverse good fortune.

Edler, Sutter and Baertschi expiring this summer = enough imo to get the RFAs done and bring back lower cost placeholders (possibly even them, Baer aside).

- and then Eriksson, Holtby, Roussel, (Beagle) - the following year.

I'd probably not bother with buyouts - rather 'ride outs'. 

And remain conservative this summer.

But I'm not ownership - so it won't go 'my way'.

11 minutes ago, xereau said:

This decision is beyond foolish. Green will not change his defensive zone systems, and this team will continue to give up 45 shots a night.

I'm hanging 'em up as a fan of this franchise.

Hopefully you're like most Canuck fans.

Express your frustration about what you think is wrong, swear against the team, wait for the lottery, watch the draft, wait for free agency, express exasperation about signings, and be back on for spring training next year.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, IRR said:

Totally blown out of proportion! It doesn't mean the allegations / situation isn't taken seriously or that there's disrespect. He called a GIRL a GIRL. He didn't call he a lier, or anything negative like that.  

You see more offended than anyone else. It was a poor choice of words by Jim; making him sound very dismissive on a very serious topic. That's all. 

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I thought he made it clear they are going to push hard to improve the team around the core. Which I agree with, and was saying after the bubble last year.

Pettersson, & Hughes are great players right now, still improving, but capable top line players. Boeser is a top line player, Horvat is in his prime, same with Miller. Demko is a great goalie & entering his prime.

The pieces are there, as a core group they are ready to compete. Now they just need to be supported well enough to be a playoff team & grow from there.

IMO Jim & Travis clearly showed a commitment to making that happen and I appreciate that. 

Now we'll see if they can execute that. The execution has been a mixed bag.

I hope that translates into acquisitions like Foote, or Timmins - or players still emerging that make great targets....if any assets are being spent.

I have the patience for another transition year - after which 'the rest' of the veteran contracts expire.

The irony is that the impatience, the drum beating and the "results demand" of the loudest parts of the market - will likely fuel a speed up moreso than anything.

• Cheers 1

Just now, SNuck said:

You see more offended than anyone else. It was a poor choice of words by Jim; making him sound very dismissive on a very serious topic. That's all. 

I thought it just made him sound like an old guy. Not sure it rises to offensive but I guess we'll find out. 

• Cheers 1