The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your ideal Offseason (Discussion)

4 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

What i want. 

1. NUMERO EFFIN UNO IS TO SIGN BOTH PETEY AND QUINN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

2. Trade schmidt, rousell and erikkson and a 2nd for OEL

3. Sign David Savard to a 5 year 5 million deal. This will solidify our top 4 of quinn, savard, OEL, myers for the next 4 years.

4. Sign brandon saad to a 3 year 10.5 million deal. 
5. Sign Ryan Getzlaf to a 1 year 3 mill deal. Line of saad, getzlaf and podz brings speed and grit on the 3rd line. Getz played with crap players but i still believe he has it in him to put up 40-45 points if hes playing with good players again.

6. Motte, Gaovac and Highmore im fine with as well even throw in beagle as the C if hes healthy. Gadj and Lind waiting in the background if needed

7. Harmonic to a cheap 2 year 4 mill deal.

Lineup

miller-petey-Brock

Pearson-Bo-Hög

Saad-Getzlaf-Podz

Motte-Beagle-Highmore

Quinn-Savard

OEL-Harmonic

Rathbone-Myers

Demko

Depietro

lol i dunno 

Damn bud, that Savard deal is atrocious. 

And after how OEL played this year, this entire scenario would ultimately mean the end for JB. 

5 hours ago, smithers joe said:

miller said, he wants to play center. he says he prefers playing center.

petey and boeser need a physical winger

bo and pearson can bring lind or lockwood along

we are closer up front than we think

A healthy Ferland would be perfect. Really sucks his career is likely over. He would definitely be a fan favourite if healthy. 

5 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

All of these “young” goalies will likely be available to Seattle (stats from 2020-21 reg season):

Petersen 26, 35 GP, SV 0.915, $858k

Forsberg 28, 8 GP, SV 0.909, $700k

DeSmith 29, 20 GP, SV 0.912, $1.25m

Vanecek 25, 37 GP, SV 0.908, $717k

Hill 25, 19 GP, SV 0.913, $800k (RFA)

Allen 30, 29 GP, SV 0.907, $4.35m
Brossoit 28, 14 GP, SV 0.918, $1.5m (UFA)

Ullmark 27, 20 GP, SV 0.917, $2.6m (UFA)

Wedgewood 28, 16 GP, SV 0.900, $700k (UFA) 

Driedger 27, 23 GP, SV 0.927, $850k (UFA)

Bernier 32, 24 GP, SV 0.914, $3m (UFA)

Grubauer 29, 40 GP, SV 0.923, $3.33m (UFA)

Ullmark would be an excellent choice as a young starter for SEA but I think they might be able to make a deal with Buffalo for some better assets, such as Reinhart or even Eichel.

However, three out of: Petersen, Vanecek, Hill, Driedger, Brossoit and DeSmith would be where I would be looking if I was selecting on behalf of Seattl

Take a look this is closer to what will happen

The more I dig, the further down the rabbit hole I go! :picard:

Ok, moves for Cap and picks (re-evaluated)

#1. Ryan Graves LHD 6'5" 220 lbs                   for             Vancouver's 2021-3rd + Vancouver's 2023-2nd

#2. Martin Jones @ 50% for purpose of buyout       for        San Jose's  2021-3rd + San Jose's 2022-2nd

#3. OEL                     for                       Schmidt, Eriksson, and Roussel

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

The more I dig, the further down the rabbit hole I go! :picard:

Ok, moves for Cap and picks (re-evaluated)

#1. Ryan Graves LHD 6'5" 220 lbs                   for             Vancouver's 2021-3rd + Vancouver's 2023-2nd

#2. Martin Jones @ 50% for purpose of buyout       for        San Jose's  2021-3rd + San Jose's 2022-2nd

#3. OEL                     for                       Schmidt, Eriksson, and Roussel

I would sacrifice my father’s manhood if it meant getting Colorado to accept that Graves deal.  :-o

I can’t see Graves being traded for so little however.  But I also said the same thing about Schmidt last year.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I would sacrifice my father’s manhood if it meant getting Colorado to accept that Graves deal.  :-o

I can’t see Graves being traded for so little however.  But I also said the same thing about Schmidt last year.

Lol,  I’m not sure how much that sweetens the deal for Colorado but I give you full marks for taking one for the team.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

Ouch! LOL. Did you clear that with Pops?

This actually came from a Colorado fan on HFB's

But, I am about compromise and adjustments. Do we have an add to add, if needed? Keeping in mind we are offering a 2nd and a 3rd already.

IMO, Graves would be a great add to our crew

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

But, I am about compromise and adjustments. Do we have an add to add, if needed? Keeping in mind we are offering a 2nd and a 3rd already.

Seems like more than enough imo

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Take a look this is closer to what will happen

Yeah I've seen it. Not surprisingly 2 out of his 3 goalie picks are also on my young goalie list. 

One problem with the rules he has set himself with that projected roster is that he cannot take UFAs and unprotected RFAs, which Seattle will certainly be targeting on some teams.

An ideal off-season would be a quiet one where we are not giving up picks/prospects or signing any significant UFA. 

Just bite the bullet and roll younger next year. Worst case scenario they get experience and we draft high. 

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Pops doesn’t know.  :-p

In my opinion, the Canucks’ biggest need is a viable long term Edler replacement.  A top pairing ‘all situations’ dman that can log big minutes and play alongside Schmidt on a top pairing.....which can then insulate Hughes on a 2nd pairing in which Hughes can dominate offensively.  

But yeah, Graves would be fantastic.  My hope is that we can somehow come away with either Power or Edvinsson in this draft.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1