The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Vasili Podkolzin

5 hours ago, goblix said:

Penciling Podz in to play with Petey and Boeser is a ton of pressure and quite the leap of faith...

I know we've been treated to some excellent young kids performing but it'd be far more beneficial for us to have Podz protected put into a role where he can focus on building his NHL game rather than the need to dump him in the deep end and score.

Miller - Petey - Boeser -- Lotto line

Pearson - Horvat - Hogslander -- Shutdown line

Motte - [Reinhart] - Podkolzin -- Protected Scoring line

Highmore - Sutter - ??? -- Energy / Checking line

My dream would be to get Reinhart out of Buffalo... I'd probably do a conditional 2022 // 2023 first pick and a prospect like Woo for him mainly because I think we could sign him for 6/6 or something reasonable. He can play Center or Wing, is young enough to hit some good years with this core group.

An alternative would be to sign UFA Alex Wennberg which likely would be a cheaper option.

Sam is my #1 hope and would gladly give up a 1st, 2nd and a prospect but would hope it's closer to what we paid for JT.

8 hours ago, Provost said:

I think he was responding to the smarmy comments earlier in the thread... slamming people who don't think Benning is doing a good job because he is now amazing by managing to sign a player whose rights are owned by the club without any negotiating rights on the player's side thanks to the CBA.

... you know, something that every GM does every year.. sign their entry level draft picks.

Really if that is the bar for people to stick out their chests and get all huffy about... that DOES say something about low the expectations are for Benning at this point.

You better open your eyes to ALL the crap he's posting...there's consistent theme and most people are done with it! 

Yeah, god forbid people be positive / happy about something this team does! Might as well do what you people do...be negative / s*** on Benning even when he hasn't done anything wrong! What a joke!! 

Edited by IRR
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, IRR said:

You better open your eyes to ALL the crap he's posting...there's consistent theme and most people are done with it! 

Yeah, god forbid people be positive / happy about something this team does! Might as well do what you people do...be negative / s*** on Benning even when he hasn't done anything wrong! What a joke!! 

I don’t see you being concerned with the posters who were originally being negative that he was responding to...

It is legitimately dumb to take a positive story of a signing and use it as a victory lap to take shots at other posters... because apparently managing to sign an RFA absolves Benning of all the other mistakes he made.

That was clearly what he was responding to and not the signing itself.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I think people are making reference to the fact that it looks like Benning has once again hit a home run without the luxury of a top 3 pick.

He took a lot of heat on this pick much like he did with Petey.

The reason Benning supporters defend and acknowledge the good he has done is because the haters put 100% of the blame on him while going out of their way to divert any accolades.

Haters point to JV and OJ being bad picks proving he sucks, yet the numerous elite gems are all on Judd. The same goes with trades.

This prospect hasn’t stepped foot on an NHL rink... so anyone calling it a “home run” has zero evidence to support it.  Anyone calling out other posters because of their own invented “home run” narrative is just being ludicrous.

We are at least a couple of years before being able to judge the merits of the pick.

20 minutes ago, Provost said:

I don’t see you being concerned with the posters who were originally being negative that he was responding to...

It is legitimately dumb to take a positive story of a signing and use it as a victory lap to take shots at other posters... because apparently managing to sign an RFA absolves Benning of all the other mistakes he made.

That was clearly what he was responding to and not the signing itself.

Whatever! You clearly can't comprehend the issue...him / others are constantly negative, even when there's positives. No wondering people take the positives and make it a bigger deal than it is. It doesn't absolve him of all other mistakes, it just shows not everything is a negative as some make it out. You want to defend him / others like him, that's your choice, but most are done with it including me! 

Edited by IRR

6 minutes ago, IRR said:

Whatever! You clearly can't comprehend the issue...him / others are constantly negative, even when there's positives. No wondering people take the positives and make it a bigger deal than it is. It doesn't absolve him of all other mistakes, it just shows not everything is a negative as some make it out. You want to defend him others like him, that's your choice, but most are done with it including me! 

I guess you can’t comprehend the negativity that he was responding to?

12 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

this is great news, I bet he didn't overpay. :bigblush:

11 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But...but....Benning sucks right?

:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

I guess you can’t comprehend the negativity that he was responding to?

Yeah, much deserved sarcastic shots at his an other peoples constant negativity towards Benning (including the unwarranted). That's the problem...criticize the mistakes (no prob), but never give him credit for the positives. Like i said, people are done with it and this is the type of response they're now getting for their negativity, hate and ignorance towards Benning / this team! 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3