The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Vasili Podkolzin

10 hours ago, Cromeslab said:

Yea he’ll probly get Max,was hoping for less lol we need cap

We don’t need to piss off the next Russian “superstar” by giving him the Bure  treatment.  Excellent work GMJB

Edited by sonoman
Autocorrect
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Unsurprisingly, Provost gets it while the usual suspects don't.  This has always had everything to do with the boot-licking supporters of this management team and not the management themselves

My apologies that I don't think the world of my management team because they signed a prospect they have full control over.  Then again, this management team did manage to flub Tryamkin, who - according to their own, past comments - was a guy they were very high on using for this team.  In that case, maybe I should be grateful they didn't flub this up.

Regardless, we can live in a world where we can be happy about a signing and also call out the comments that are meant to dunk on the "haters".  That's the real negativity.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Provost said:

This prospect hasn’t stepped foot on an NHL rink... so anyone calling it a “home run” has zero evidence to support it.  Anyone calling out other posters because of their own invented “home run” narrative is just being ludicrous.

We are at least a couple of years before being able to judge the merits of the pick.

I don't think so.  His presents/play will impact the team immediately.  And 9 times out of 10, it will lead to a favorable outcome.  It won't take years, it will take one or two games.  It's just how he's wired.  

Fans are excited because he's Russian and even though all signs pointed to  him coming over... None of us were silly enough to assume it was a 'slam dunk'.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Regardless, we can live in a world where we can be happy

Yes we can be happy.

After reading a lot of your posts, I wonder; are you happy?

I see no evidence of that, in anything you post; and as I suffer from depression I end up with the distinct feeling you do to.

Hang in there, it gets better.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

This prospect hasn’t stepped foot on an NHL rink... so anyone calling it a “home run” has zero evidence to support it.  Anyone calling out other posters because of their own invented “home run” narrative is just being ludicrous.

We are at least a couple of years before being able to judge the merits of the pick.

Yet some of us want to treat draft picks who aren't even picked yet that way?  The people who were annoyed at wins because...these guys were treated like home runs.  

Many of us called out for cheering on our team because....we're losing out on the home runs.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, gurn said:

"Great Signing'  was enough said  :)

" Great signing but we will see" is a fair balanced approach :)

"Great signing but we will see how he does in Green tutelage" is just an attempted drive by smear job. :picard:

hey with limited minutes and mystery benching in the KHL he should love Greener! /s 

I kid. I think Greens going to love this kid, he already plays the right way. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

I don't think so.  His presents/play will impact the team immediately.  And 9 times out of 10, it will lead to a favorable outcome.  It won't take years, it will take one or two games.  It's just how he's wired.  

Fans are excited because he's Russian and even though all signs pointed to  him coming over... None of us were silly enough to assume it was a 'slam dunk'.  

Except I was responding to a quote that literally said it was a home run pick.  You are also just predicting the future, no one knows how he is going to turn out.  Feel free to be positive and excited... I am too. 

Slamming other posters because you believe you are really able to tell the future is just inane really.

We figured out Hoglander was a top 6 player in less than 10 games. It isn’t going to take 2 years to find out what Podkolzin is all about. We’ll know by end of November next year at the latest. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Yet some of us want to treat draft picks that aren't even picked yet that way?  The people who were annoyed at wins because...these guys were treated like home runs.  

That doesn’t even make sense... and literally no one said that anyone we could potentially pick was a home run.  Please quote what you were referring to because it seems like you made it up to invent a straw man argument.

The comments were that it is better to have a higher chance at a lottery ticket than to win a couple of extra meaningless games where we were already eliminated.

A higher pick means a better chance of getting a player you want... pretty simple.  Power is probably going to be better than whoever is picked at #9-10, that doesn’t seem complicated or controversial to me.

• RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

Except I was responding to a quote that literally said it was a home run pick.  You are also just predicting the future, no one knows how he is going to turn out.  Feel free to be positive and excited... I am too. 

Slamming other posters because you believe you are really able to tell the future is just inane really.

Isn't that what the tank crowd is all about?   Predicting the future?

Even your take on Hoglander is negative.  Maybe you could change the narrative in your head to join the party?  Because it's not all gloom and doom...unless we make it so.  This is a good day, signing Podz.   If it's a target to draft high picks, it falls under the same line...."hoping for" the future.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

That doesn’t even make sense... and literally no one said that anyone we could potentially pick was a home run.  Please quote what you were referring to because it seems like you made it up to invent a straw man argument.

The comments were that it is better to have a higher chance at a lottery ticket than to win a couple of extra meaningless games where we were already eliminated.

A higher pick means a better chance of getting a player you want... pretty simple.  Power is probably going to be better than whoever is picked at #9-10, that doesn’t seem complicated or controversial to me.

I'm not quoting anything....people speak of the "higher chance" like it's a given.  A home run.   But..."these guys have not played in the NHL" either...matters.  Apply the same standard there that you do to Podz.

If the future's unknown, apply that to everyone...not just the guys we sign/have.

• Cheers 1

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Isn't that what the tank crowd is all about?   Predicting the future?

Even your take on Hoglander is negative.  Maybe you could change the narrative in your head to join the party?  Because it's not all gloom and doom...unless we make it so.  This is a good day, signing Podz.   If it's a target to draft high picks, it falls under the same line...."hoping for" the future.

??

Where did I trash Hoglander?  The guy has shown to be a top six contributor?

I recall being pleasantly surprised at how well he was doing so soon as I wasn’t sure he would be on the roster last season (back when we all assumed Toffoli was going to be re-signed in that spot).  That isn’t a negative take by any stretch.

Well using that logic, your thread is 100% useless. Any player has fairly limitless potential... Hoglander isn’t likely to become a perennial 80 point guy. Not many players do that. Hoglander is a nice find, but he probably isn’t even going to be a Calder finalist... he isn’t an elite guy and has a low likelihood of ever being that. Folks get themselves all worked up overhyping our players and then get disappointed when those players fail to lift up to those...

You've already assessed a guy who is showing he has great potential.

Predicting the future.

Done...too negative....I'm quite happy these days and don't need to engage further with ye of little faith.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

So you're defending AV... Okay you're prerogative.  the dude your opinion GIF

• Haha 2